Study: Less Than 10% of Indian MBA Graduates Are

Porker

This not only apply in India, but in many programmes offered here in this sunny island. A case of overhyped marketing for such qualification - MBA and CFA + the glamour of jobs such as "Investment Banking". Seriously, what do these aspirants know about the job besides prospective fat pay?

Look at some of the subjects which they study for MBA, I say it's a joke.

A combo of engineering/science or even a general degree + CIMA/ACCA (for business and finance grounding) is still a better bet as it is a far rigorous form of study compared to these wishy washy post grad degrees.

• Praise 1

Let's be thankful that they are not up to mark. Otherwise we will be flooded out of the job market.

Not up to the mark, yet SG employs them still over locals!

My side already got a few.

What WSJ is trying to say is that their B-schools are not only f-dup but also boh standard lah. The schools just want to make money and cannot be bothered whether their grads can get employment. :D

Not up to the mark, yet SG employs them still over locals!

My side already got a few.

What to do? Some employers still have the "overseas is better" mentality.

From my own experience in the IT industry, I can safely say that our universities churn out far better graduates than these overseas "neighbourhood" universities. In India, every IT grad has "Masters", but it barely compares with the Bachelors grads churned out locally.

The sad thing is that because of depressed wages, many IT and Engineering grads have switched out to other industries. It's such a waste of our country's resources. [shakehead]

What to do? Some employers still have the "overseas is better" mentality.

From my own experience in the IT industry, I can safely say that our universities churn out far better graduates than these overseas "neighbourhood" universities. In India, every IT grad has "Masters", but it barely compares with the Bachelors grads churned out locally.

The sad thing is that because of depressed wages, many IT and Engineering grads have switched out to other industries. It's such a waste of our country's resources. [shakehead]

I agree, our grads can do far better then those from "neighboring" countries, it's because of the lower wages they are willing to take, sort of spoil market, come in also everything donno, and we, locals have to teach them, when they learn and get "smart" they yaya jump ship go other companies brag in their CV they worked here and here. Not all are bad, the MBA ones here, 2 I respect, very humble guys, and polite, hardworking and very very willing to learn and even help, something some of our locals seriously lack.

Mastering the English Lanuage should be easier than MBA mah.

How come the other way round one ? [confused]

Kelong sia!! Maybe i go india get half a dozen MBA back.

No need, India they will have doubts, US already can kelong MBA. [lipsrsealed]

not stereotyping, but i found most of them very good in sweet talking,

but that was as far as the capability goes.

come work, this dunno that dunno.... <_<

really when come to hiring, cert is only but a paper.

Neutral Newbie

Sweet talking and smooth talker wins.

Their colonia English is also very standard and good.

That is why many of them can survive in Singapore.

My director and manager once interviewed an Indian Candidate for our team. But after the interview my director did not hire him.

My manager revealed and the Indian candidate was so good at talking that initially both of them were impressed. But after I manager asked a few simple technical question to see the way he reply, he concluded that candidate is still light years away from the technical competency that he's supposely claimed.

And the funny thing that our director calculated his years of experience is based on the flowery qualification of his resume, he would have studied in university at age 14 and start work at 17! Damn hilarious!

But on a side note, not all India Indians are fake, we've got a few technical guys, from india, who practically attained "God" status in their IT skills....Yet they are pretty humble and nice fellows actually....

• Praise 1