Insurance enquires

Lsflsf

Hi if let's say an owner have 3 cars registered under 3 insurance companies under his name then 1 of the car involves in accident of hitting a taxi in the back so the taxi claim that car which is driven by the named driver not owner at time of accident then does the next insurance hike affects all 3 cars under the owner or it only affects that car involve in the accident? TIA

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi needed some help here and this is the closet thread I find without able to create new post. My vehicle was totalled by the insurance company a year ago, but I saw the exact same car and licence plate running on the road. Is it some fair deal that the insurance claimed that the car is beyond repair? Thanks in advance for any comments.

Hypersonic

Hi needed some help here and this is the closet thread I find without able to create new post. My vehicle was totalled by the insurance company a year ago, but I saw the exact same car and licence plate running on the road. Is it some fair deal that the insurance claimed that the car is beyond repair? Thanks in advance for any comments.

Maybe insurance sold the car to someone who was willing to repair the vehicle?

I don't really know. Maybe some bros here may have the answer.

Twincharged

When they say its beyond repair doesn't mean they have to scrap it. They just take over the car and pay you how much you are supposed to get. The workshop I used to go to does this also. They repair these kind of beyond repair cars and sell it off after repairing. They get it at low price from the insurer then fix it up and sell it off to dealers. Have seen some of these get sold off as accident free and driven by female driver before.

The workshop also does insurance claims and sometimes they do advice the driver that they can also take whatever money the insurer is willing to offer for the repair and the driver uses it to repair the car. But this means if the repair costs get really high, they also cannot get more from the insurer already as they have agreed to the amount.

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement