How come one carpark no gantry?

Mcfguy

Went to Clementi area last week. Most carpark got carpark gantries installed except one at Clementi Ave 2 block 363, how come? Still must use coupon going that carpark. Troublesome.

↡ Advertisement

just like you don't talk, no one say you dumb...well...maybe not...should be don't write, no one say you illiterate..

It's standardisation lah...if everywhere got gantry, how come only one no have...

Is it so important to know why that carpark no gantry?

End of the day, still have to pay, whether is it cashless or by coupon?

cashless more convenient, don't worry how many coupons to put, how many to tear,,come on,,, I believe you all drive you'll know.

cashless more convenient, don't worry how many coupons to put, how many to tear,,come on,,, I believe you all drive you'll know.

It cud b ty still keep a few cp in every area which use coupon fr those cars/bikes no erp reader or cashcard.

Some foreign vehicles still dun hv erp reader or sg vehicle cashcard not enough cash.

It cud b ty still keep a few cp in every area which use coupon fr those cars/bikes no erp reader or cashcard.

Some foreign vehicles still dun hv erp reader or sg vehicle cashcard not enough cash.

Oh I see, that's possible, though, I think that's a minority group to make way to. Maybe only vehicles from foreign embassy/consulate do not need to install cash card reader, Moreover, don't those gantry system also allow slotting in of cashcard? I have actually used some like that before when somehow, the IU detection fail.

I go one of Jurong West market/hawker centre quite often, there are a lot of car parks without gantry yet but there is one that is slightly further away with gantry installed. I usually park there.

Oh I see, that's possible, though, I think that's a minority group to make way to. Maybe only vehicles from foreign embassy/consulate do not need to install cash card reader, Moreover, don't those gantry system also allow slotting in of cashcard? I have actually used some like that before when somehow, the IU detection fail.

I not sure if hdb gantry u can slot cashcard in?

Usually diplomatic cars hv erp readers installed.

Many msian cars/bikes dun hv erp reader cos ty dun need to pass under erp gantry.

Cost abt $150 to fit e reader which ty consider to expensive.

Edited by Pisces69

I go one of Jurong West market/hawker centre quite often, there are a lot of car parks without gantry yet but there is one that is slightly further away with gantry installed. I usually park there.

Second that, there are still plenty of car parks that do not operate by gantry.

(edited)

Second that, there are still plenty of car parks that do not operate by gantry.

Slowly, I believe, all will have gantry installed. The coupon system is outdated. Moreover, it's vulnerable to coupon cheating and litter. I just find it wierd that stretch of carparks at Clementi Ave 2 all have gantries installed except the particular one I mentioned. Moreover, there is one other carpark just directly opposite with gantry installed. Would have been more cost effective to do together since it's directly across the road.

Edited by Mcfguy

I not sure if hdb gantry u can slot cashcard in?

Usually diplomatic cars hv erp readers installed.

Many msian cars/bikes dun hv erp reader cos ty dun need to pass under erp gantry.

Cost abt $150 to fit e reader which ty consider to expensive.

So far, I have no need to slot in cash card in HDB carpark gantries. Didn't pay attention if there is this feature. Will remember to look out next time I use it.

Actually, malaysian vehicles/motorcycles don't need to install IU. They can rent one at TUAS or Woodlands checkpoint. Unless, they chose to pay fixed ERP.

It could be some of the residents there maybe driving class 4 vehicles. The height of the vehicle or where the IU is situated is above the scanner? And there are no heavy vehicle carpark in the area. Not all residents drive passenger cars mah. Oh yeah, I forgot most here are anti commercial vehicle wan. Why would they think so far ahead? My bad. Nevermind.

Edited by Watwheels

It could be some of the residents there maybe driving class 4 vehicles. The height of the vehicle or where the IU is situated is above the scanner? And there are no heavy vehicle carpark in the area. Not all residents drive passenger cars mah. Oh yeah, I forgot most here are anti commercial vehicle wan. Why would they think so far ahead? My bad. Nevermind.

commercial vehicles like vans and mini lorries/pickups not more than 1.8 ton still common in HDB carparks.

Slowly, I believe, all will have gantry installed. The coupon system is outdated. Moreover, it's vulnerable to coupon cheating and litter. I just find it wierd that stretch of carparks at Clementi Ave 2 all have gantries installed except the particular one I mentioned. Moreover, there is one other carpark just directly opposite with gantry installed. Would have been more cost effective to do together since it's directly across the road.

You think gantry solve all problems? Some pple go into gantry car park will think they are entitled to park anywhere they want. In season parking, beside the road, nearest to wherever they are going. I've seen it all. In the end still need warden to jaga. Contrary to what you think, it is not more cost effective. It just makes it more convenient no need to tear coupon.

You think gantry solve all problems? Some pple go into gantry car park will think they are entitled to park anywhere they want. In season parking, beside the road, nearest to wherever they are going. I've seen it all. In the end still need warden to jaga. Contrary to what you think, it is not more cost effective. It just makes it more convenient no need to tear coupon.

And when the gantry malfunctioned, it often cause a jam........just seen it at the new Ghim Moh estate on Friday evening....... [laugh]

this is amongst the most stupid threads ever

how come no gantry? because don't have lor!

don't like then don't park there, else pay money for the govt to set up a gantry there ok?

go and offer to donate 10k, i'm sure within a month a gantry will be put up