Read in today ST.

Mr Lui said that they will release more COE next year. [:)]

Couldn't find any report in CNA. If thats the case, good news indeed. [smash]

Will COE drop then?

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement

found the report ...

from ST: More COEs next year, free train rides not decided: Lui

Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew has advised aspiring car owners to wait till next year when the supply of Certificates of Entitlement (COE) increases.

But he also stressed that the Government is doing its utmost to make public transport as convenient as possible.

During Channel NewsAsia's Ask Minister programme, which was broadcast on Tuesday, Mr Lui took questions on a broad range of transport issues, from free trains rides to making roads safer for cyclists.

In the last bidding exercise, COEs for smaller cars cost nearly $17,000 more than the premium for cars above 1,600cc. Mr Lui said it will take several bidding cycles over the next few months before COE premiums stabilise.

(edited)

quote : his advice :

DEFER PURCHASE

For those who want to own a car now, I would advise that if they can defer the decision till a little bit later on, when the COE supply actually picks up in 2014, that may be a better time to revisit the situation then.

- Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew

"unquote"

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...ed-lui-20130327

Edited by Picnic06

Its because they expect a lot of ppl scrapping their cars this year and nxt year, and also... 2016 is coming.

More of 2016 cos most car buyers are of middle income looking for cars and should not anger them .... [:p]

If more buyers are united, stopped buying inflated 2nd hand cars from dealers, they will have no choice but to export/scrap them, furthering the process of freeing up more COE.

Release more COE in 2014? Reason due to more cars going to de-registered or they are going to increase the COE quota? [confused]

Release more COE in 2014? Reason due to more cars going to de-registered or they are going to increase the COE quota? [confused]

More dereg means more they can increase the COE quota albeit at a controlled pace.

More ppl scrap also mean more ppl will buy to replace. Not forget, luxury once given will becomes necessity.

Agreed, more de-registered means more buyers. Cause people surely will replace their de-registered car.

Ok good. More COEs i don't mind.

But please keep the MAS loan regulations. I'm all for financial prudence.

has the 50% dp started for both new and 2nd hand car?

• Praise 1

has the 50% dp started for both new and 2nd hand car?

In form - yes, in substance - not really, due to the open loopholes.

Tuck Yew said COE will stabilise after a few cycles in coming months but he made no mention of plugging the loopholes? More COEs next year means the system will still see-saw like last time [rolleyes]

Tuck Yew said COE will stabilise after a few cycles in coming months but he made no mention of plugging the loopholes? More COEs next year means the system will still see-saw like last time [rolleyes]

Hope he plugged it by requiring all buyers to self-bid.

Ok good. More COEs i don't mind.

But please keep the MAS loan regulations. I'm all for financial prudence.

I concur with you on the financial prudence. [thumbsup]

In form - yes, in substance - not really, due to the open loopholes.

thats y the recent meaures r bullcrap coz so many dealers stil giving 80-100% financing. All it did was cause coe to crash abit, but then pple realize they still can get high loans then dealers sure push coe price again.

Want to act tough, follow thru n KO the guy, y pretend only

thats y the recent meaures r bullcrap coz so many dealers stil giving 80-100% financing. All it did was cause coe to crash abit, but then pple realize they still can get high loans then dealers sure push coe price again.

Want to act tough, follow thru n KO the guy, y pretend only

That's why my initial thoughts were "the good show is behind"...

With so many good brains behind them, I have faith that the authorities already knew about the loophole when they implement the curb.

Now waiting for phase II.... I hope...

↡ Advertisement