River safari

CamholicX

went there a few weeks ago. tickets are slightly cheaper now because the boat ride section is still not opened yet. Good thing is whole place is sheltered so no need to worry about weather. They divide the place into different 'rivers of the world'. So you will mostly see a lot of river creatures like catfish, crocs etc. The flooded amazon river is quite a sight, you can see dugongs from behind a huge glass panel like a giant aquarium. Panda enclosure is big and air-conditioned but whether you see the pandas or they are hidden in their dens is a matter of luck. There are animal shows too where you can see and touch some animals up close.

Overall quite a small place but if you take your time at each enclosure you can spend a couple of hours or more there i guess. An interesting experience but if not in a hurry, you might want to wait till the boat ride is opened later this year before going, as there will be more animals to see.

went there a few weeks ago. tickets are slightly cheaper now because the boat ride section is still not opened yet. Good thing is whole place is sheltered so no need to worry about weather. They divide the place into different 'rivers of the world'. So you will mostly see a lot of river creatures like catfish, crocs etc. The flooded amazon river is quite a sight, you can see dugongs from behind a huge glass panel like a giant aquarium. Panda enclosure is big and air-conditioned but whether you see the pandas or they are hidden in their dens is a matter of luck. There are animal shows too where you can see and touch some animals up close.

Overall quite a small place but if you take your time at each enclosure you can spend a couple of hours or more there i guess. An interesting experience but if not in a hurry, you might want to wait till the boat ride is opened later this year before going, as there will be more animals to see.

Great review, thanks!

Visited River Safari last Sat. Not bad. Mostly fresh water fishes and animals. Got to see Jia Jia n Kai Kai. Just like any panda, nothing interesting. The boat ride was good thou. They also got a Squirrel Monkey enclosure where the monkeys were really tiny and run around freely. Thou got sign say no touching of monkey, I managed to pat one of them. [grin]

Lucky I was there early, managed to catch some of the exhibits w/o much ppl crowding the fish tanks. But later in the day, got to squeeze ur way to the front of the fish tanks to view the fishes. The panda exhibit was worse, long long long queue. The number of baby prams parked outside was amazing. Me early bird so no queue at panda enclosure, just walk thru n saw both pandas having breakfast.

Ticket : $25 (with boat ride so worth it)

Parking : $3 first hr, $2 subsequent hr, cap at $8 per day (expensive for such ulu place)

Food : Cost me $37+ for two set meals + drinks + one panda pao (Wanton mee n beef mee set)

Overall : Not a bad place to visit but please bring ur own food n be early bird or visit during off-peak hours.

• Praise 4

Visited River Safari last Sat. Not bad. Mostly fresh water fishes and animals. Got to see Jia Jia n Kai Kai. Just like any panda, nothing interesting. The boat ride was good thou. They also got a Squirrel Monkey enclosure where the monkeys were really tiny and run around freely. Thou got sign say no touching of monkey, I managed to pat one of them. [grin]

Lucky I was there early, managed to catch some of the exhibits w/o much ppl crowding the fish tanks. But later in the day, got to squeeze ur way to the front of the fish tanks to view the fishes. The panda exhibit was worse, long long long queue. The number of baby prams parked outside was amazing. Me early bird so no queue at panda enclosure, just walk thru n saw both pandas having breakfast.

Ticket : $25 (with boat ride so worth it)

Parking : $3 first hr, $2 subsequent hr, cap at $8 per day (expensive for such ulu place)

Food : Cost me $37+ for two set meals + drinks + one panda pao (Wanton mee n beef mee set)

Overall : Not a bad place to visit but please bring ur own food n be early bird or visit during off-peak hours.

hmmmm.............. you manage to pat one of 'Sun Wu Kong' great great great great great great great grand children.... [sly]

'Tio Bey Pio' boh .... [bounce2][bounce2]

hmmmm.............. you manage to pat one of 'Sun Wu Kong' great great great great great great great grand children.... [sly]

They are not scared of human one. They also very very cute and very very small. Can hold in ur palm. Wish can keep one as pet. [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Adrianli

If you have AMEX card, now have promotion, every paying adult will / can have one complimentary child ticket, plus 10% discount at the food outlet.

Go early to avoid the crowd especially at the panda enclosure.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I ever witness a golden face monkey make a round on my friend's body before climbing back to the tree. they are very friendly and not afraid of human. I think 2 out of 6 golden face monkeys were stolen by visitors some yrs back.

If you have AMEX card, now have promotion, every paying adult will / can have one complimentary child ticket, plus 10% discount at the food outlet.

Go early to avoid the crowd especially at the panda enclosure.

went there Sunday 15 dec at 9.45am

there is a separate Q for the boat ride

it is better 2 Q for the boat ride first

as we q at 955am and got the boat ride ticket for 1230pm ride

it was sold out by 1215pm when we went for the 1230pm boat ride waiting area

unfortunately the boat ride is only 15 mins

but the Q time is even longer

the ride is not exciting so don not expect much

• Praise 2

boat ride is not worth it at all.

I think only nice part is the manatee swimming around. the red and normal panda.

Generally its quite good. but nothing exciting.

i guess i prefer to see more usual animals like giraffe etc.

• Praise 1

boat ride is not worth it at all.

I think only nice part is the manatee swimming around. the red and normal panda.

Generally its quite good. but nothing exciting.

i guess i prefer to see more usual animals like giraffe etc.

If u are into fishes, then u will enjoy it. There is no way any hobbyist able to create the mekong river like they do with those huge catfishes and freshwater stingrays. :D

Also the dugong tank, we used to have only one or two at the zoo n underwater world. But now there are ard 8-10 of them swimming in that huge tank. Sitting there watching them swimming, really lookslike a fat mermaid from far. [laugh]

They are not scared of human one. They also very very cute and very very small. Can hold in ur palm. Wish can keep one as pet. [lipsrsealed]

If you don't mind an over-sized specie, page for Radx :D

If u are into fishes, then u will enjoy it. There is no way any hobbyist able to create the mekong river like they do with those huge catfishes and freshwater stingrays. :D

Also the dugong tank, we used to have only one or two at the zoo n underwater world. But now there are ard 8-10 of them swimming in that huge tank. Sitting there watching them swimming, really lookslike a fat mermaid from far. [laugh]

Those siamese giant carp and giant catfish are good too [flowerface] Arapaima also.

Those giant fish q impressive.

There's an arrowana pond. but cheap ones. haha

yeah the dugong quite graceful in the water although there are just pieces of fat with 2 flippers and a tail haha [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Lala81

Those siamese giant carp and giant catfish are good too [flowerface] Arapaima also.

Those giant fish q impressive.

There's an arrowana pond. but cheap ones. haha

yeah the dugong quite graceful in the water although there are just pieces of fat with 2 flippers and a tail haha [lipsrsealed]

Speaking of arowana, I spotted a yellow-tail arowana near the bridge at the panda enclosure in the reservoir waters. A few peacock bass also darting ard near the banks where the sampans are moored.

I wanted to donate my red-tal golden arowana to them. But they dont even wana reply my email. So I sold it off instead. Then go there see, they only have silver arowanas(low grade). [:|] Give them good quality for free, they dont want. [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

Speaking of arowana, I spotted a yellow-tail arowana near the bridge at the panda enclosure in the reservoir waters. A few peacock bass also darting ard near the banks where the sampans are moored.

I wanted to donate my red-tal golden arowana to them. But they dont even wana reply my email. So I sold it off instead. Then go there see, they only have silver arowanas(low grade). [:|] Give them good quality for free, they dont want. [thumbsdown]

After you donated your Red arowana, it will be S'pore Zoological Garden first 'house breaking' case for theft of your 'Red' arowana .... [laugh][laugh]

Thats why they only place 'silver' arowana inside the tanks..... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement