Never Mess With Mother Nature .....

Picnic06-Biante15

Hypersonic

Of course when see tornado must run away.

The last thing to do is run towards the tornado.

:D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

i thought they have the Tornado Intercept Vehicles? It's a pick up modified to even more safe than Obama's own car..

Edited by Shull
  • Praise 1

Not a tornado for sure.

But this storm which happened in Klang a few days ago is quite a biggie.

Climate getting strange . . .think this magnitude is 1st time in 50 years, some say more, lol

Edited by Camrysfa
  • Praise 1

is it true? my mother said last time olden days singapore, we used to have small whirlwind inland...maybe sg that time is quite 'flat', not much tall buildings

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

is it true? my mother said last time olden days singapore, we used to have small whirlwind inland...maybe sg that time is quite 'flat', not much tall buildings

What I heard from the elders was that back in the early 70s Sg ever rain fishes from the sky.

Anyone can confirm its true or just a myth?

What I heard from the elders was that back in the early 70s Sg ever rain fishes from the sky.

Anyone can confirm its true or just a myth?

In wikipedia, it said it happened in 1861 in Singapore. You can google rain of Animals. Its actually quite simple theory that a tornado many miles aways in the sea can lift and throw fishes far away.

• Praise 3

Not a tornado for sure.

Climate getting strange . . .think this magnitude is 1st time in 50 years, some say more, lol

They called it F1 tornado...... not that destructive types but strong whirlwind ..... -_-

F3 onwards, houses flatten by the super strong whirlwind ... [sweatdrop]

from Yahoo : 'Storm Chasers' star Tim Samaras, son die chasing Oklahoma tornado

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Lookout Mon, Jun 3, 2013

"Storm Chasers" star Tim Samaras, 55, his 24-year-old son, Paul, and a 45-year-old colleague were among those killed when powerful storms, including several tornadoes, tore through Oklahoma on Friday.

"We are deeply saddened by the loss of Tim Samaras, his son Paul and their colleague Carl Young," the Discovery Channel said in a statement released Sunday. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to their families."

The men died while chasing an F-3 tornado in El Reno, Okla., near Oklahoma City. At least nine people, including a mother and her baby were killed during Friday's storms, officials said.

"Thank you to everyone for the condolences," Tim Samaras' brother, Jim, wrote on Tim's Facebook wall. "It truly is sad that we lost my great brother Tim and his great son, Paul. Our hearts also go out to the Carl Young family as well as they are feeling the same feelings we are today. They all unfortunately passed away but doing what they loved.

"I look at it that he is in the 'big tornado in the sky,'" Jim added.

The "Storm Chasers" series ended in November after five seasons on the Discovery Channel. The network said it would dedicate Sunday's "Mile Wide Tornado: Oklahoma Disaster"a primetime special on the deadly tornado that ripped through Moore, Okla., on May 20to their memory.

"This has really shaken up everyone in the storm chasing community," Doug Kiesling, a storm photographer, told CNN. "We knew this day would happen someday, but nobody would imagine that it would happen to Tim. Tim was one of the safest people to go out there."

Samaras' last tweet, published Friday, read: "Dangerous day ahead for OK--stay weather savvy!"

for more story, link : http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/sto...-172716425.html

attachicon.giftim_samaras_storm_chasers.jpg

R.I.P. my friend ..... http://www.mycarforum.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/angel.gif

I love to watch your documentaries on Discovery Channel and educate us on how the inside of a Twister look likes.

Thanks very much for all your effort in making those documentaries. http://www.mycarforum.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sleep.gif http://www.mycarforum.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sleep.gif http://www.mycarforum.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sleep.gif

Wow, Tink sometimes running not enough. Need to be damn sure where u position urself n if tough luck. Bye bye.

RIP ....

• Praise 4

not sure.

but this video of the things flying overhead in Klang looks to be very strong whirlwind.

looks like eagles or vultures circling.

if strike SG, confirm our brittle trees will snap.

Not a tornado for sure.

here is the report to go with the video, those are zinc sheets flying!

Here is the report on that Klang storm, 21/10/14

http://www.nst.com.my/node/44967

PORT KLANG: A severe thunderstorm and strong wind wreaked havoc in Pandamaran, damaging some 30 houses and apartment blocks.

The 2pm incident, which was described by residents as a small tornado also tore off the roof of six PKNS apartment blocks in Pandamaran Jaya, uprooted trees and damaged several cars.

Klang Municipal Council (MPK) councillor Lee Fu Hae said in less than 30 minutes, several areas especially in Jalan Banting and Jalan Besar Pandamaran suffered severe damages because of the mini tornado which also felled many trees.

Klang Selatan district police chief ACP Kamarulzaman Mamat said based on a survey conducted, many trees were uprooted, roofs of premises torn off and several boats at a jetty near Kunci Air Jalan Banting, Pandamaran sunk in the thunderstorm which also caused flood in several areas in Klang including Meru and Kampung Delek.

"Among premises damaged include a gas cylinder warehouse, Aji San temple, PKNS flat and Pandamaran Permai flat.

"He thunderstorm has resulted in a power outage and Tenaga Nasional Berhad has been notified.

"Three police reports have been lodged but so far there are no injuries nor death reported," he said in a statement.

Meanwhile, Malaysian Meteorological Department (Weather and Climate) deputy director- general Alui Bahari when contacted said the phenomenon was not a tornado because there was no structure visible.

"It is strong wind caused by severe thunderstorm," he said.

The department, in a statement said the formation of high intensity cloud started at about 2pm and ended at 3.10pm and the department issued a thunderstorm and heavy rain warning at 1.53pm.

(edited)

here is the report to go with the video, those are zinc sheets flying!

Here is the report on that Klang storm, 21/10/14

http://www.nst.com.my/node/44967

PORT KLANG: A severe thunderstorm and strong wind wreaked havoc in Pandamaran, damaging some 30 houses and apartment blocks.

The 2pm incident, which was described by residents as a small tornado also tore off the roof of six PKNS apartment blocks in Pandamaran Jaya, uprooted trees and damaged several cars.

Klang Municipal Council (MPK) councillor Lee Fu Hae said in less than 30 minutes, several areas especially in Jalan Banting and Jalan Besar Pandamaran suffered severe damages because of the mini tornado which also felled many trees.

Klang Selatan district police chief ACP Kamarulzaman Mamat said based on a survey conducted, many trees were uprooted, roofs of premises torn off and several boats at a jetty near Kunci Air Jalan Banting, Pandamaran sunk in the thunderstorm which also caused flood in several areas in Klang including Meru and Kampung Delek.

"Among premises damaged include a gas cylinder warehouse, Aji San temple, PKNS flat and Pandamaran Permai flat.

"He thunderstorm has resulted in a power outage and Tenaga Nasional Berhad has been notified.

"Three police reports have been lodged but so far there are no injuries nor death reported," he said in a statement.

Meanwhile, Malaysian Meteorological Department (Weather and Climate) deputy director- general Alui Bahari when contacted said the phenomenon was not a tornado because there was no structure visible.

"It is strong wind caused by severe thunderstorm," he said.

The department, in a statement said the formation of high intensity cloud started at about 2pm and ended at 3.10pm and the department issued a thunderstorm and heavy rain warning at 1.53pm.

This MMD Dy Director-general Alui Bahari got bright future cos he learnt fast from SG minister..... [sly]

"Not flood but water ponding"

Can see roof zinc flying in circular motion and its not tornado ... [hur] . He expect major destruction than he will agree a tornado ... [sweatdrop]

Edited by Picnic06
↡ Advertisement