Soh Brothers vs AL tyres

Erykool

Anyone checked before soh brothers or al tyres offer better trade in for used rims and tyres ah?

I personally feel both is good.

AL: Many ranges of rims and tyres for u to see n choose. Sale guys so far not pushy.

Soh: Friendly boss, but less display set of rims to see n choose, need to refer to hardcopies catalog. Sometimes lady boss can give wrong info, not a technical person (eg she is not familiar with PCD). Other than that, rest is fine.

CHeers!

Both service are ok... but soh being a smaller biz the price are not so competitive nowadays...

All my tires used to be from Soh but my current set is from AL as the price diff...

Edited by Xers007

Anyone checked before soh brothers or al tyres offer better trade in for used rims and tyres ah?

For the benefit of those in the dark, could you care to explain what AL means?

Al Tyres lah..

Last time changed my set there at the old Paya Lebar shop...

Al tyres better ah. Been changing my wheels with them cos of convenience.. Look for ah wu. Nice fella. They just shifted to new building. Bigger and more choices

Bought my tyres and rim from AL, recently got a flat at the wall, cannot repatch, went AL to buy spare tyre minimum 70plus for kumho 215/45//17. Went soh, good service and cheaper at 50plus. Tyre rotation 15 only.

AL's prices are good. I use them all the time when buying new tyres

But their trade-in price can be quite low sometimes - Was once quoted less than $300 for a full set of 17" Audi A4 stock wheels immediately after collecting car from Audi Ubi. Drove away in disgust. Got $700 elsewhere.

Edited by Disco

Today AL tyres quote me PS3 225/45/18 at $318. Like not very competitive, but they got the rims I want. Tyrepac $254 only.

Today AL tyres quote me PS3 225/45/18 at $318. Like not very competitive, but they got the rims I want. Tyrepac $254 only.

Does Tyrepac's $254 factor in labour at the fitting place or do you intend to DIY the mounting?

Does Tyrepac's $254 factor in labour at the fitting place or do you intend to DIY the mounting?

Nope, labour charge not inclusive, but for $260 just for labour charge is too much imo.

Hi

Am collecting my new mazda3 soon.

Would like to trade in the new 16" rims/tyres

to 17" rims/tyres.

Do most shops accept trade in from brand new cars?

Which shops are recommended ?

Thanks.

Looking at the thread title, for a moment I thought it was another ah Soh vs Ah Lian incident on the MRT

Hi

Am collecting my new mazda3 soon.

Would like to trade in the new 16" rims/tyres

to 17" rims/tyres.

Do most shops accept trade in from brand new cars?

Which shops are recommended ?

Thanks.

almost of shop trade in your old rim and tyre

just check with them when you source for new rim and tyre

trade in value may vary from shop to shop base on new rim and tyre .

rim are many up there and Quality depends on how much you willing to invest,

My logic please don't buy a cheaper Quality wheels and tyres which is very important to your car (only 4 contacts in btw)

↡ Advertisement