How did you solve your vibration on idle problem?

D4rkFly3r

Hi guys, just wondering how did you solve your vibration on idle problem despite having changed the engine mountings. The vibration lessen alot but the vibration is still there especially when AC is on. I noticed it only happen when i am on Drive mode. Help and advises would be greatly appreciated.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi

you might want to check the driveshaft condition. This phenomenon could be caused by wornt out joint at the transmission side. When D is engaged, there is torque applied to the driveshaft. This not so good condition driveshaft can transfer the engine vibration to cabin

just my guess.

Change car to a Lexus. If your budget allows get a RR Phantom.

Jokes aside. Try topping up the oil/lubricant in the a/c compressor.

Hi, is topping up compressor oil part of A/C servicing? I have not done A/C servicing for quite sometime. A/C still runs cold though.

I have the same problem.

Changed engine mountings but vibration on idle still there.

One WS gave long story about engine oil problem, another WS said it is the petrol grade.

Neither helped.

when was the last time throttle body cleaned?

I did asked the mechanic to do TB cleaning when i last did my servicing. I noticed they did some spraying but it was a quick one so i am not very sure about it.

I have the same problem.

Changed engine mountings but vibration on idle still there.

One WS gave long story about engine oil problem, another WS said it is the petrol grade.

Neither helped.

Hi, did you solve the vibrate issue in the end?

I did asked the mechanic to do TB cleaning when i last did my servicing. I noticed they did some spraying but it was a quick one so i am not very sure about it.

TB needs to be removed for proper cleaning...

TB needs to be removed for proper cleaning...

Thanks bro. Any reliable workshop to recommend for TB cleaning? How about other sensors like MAF? Do i have to clean them as well?

if idle rpm is too low, there will be a lot of vibration.

Hi, I noticed the vibration will occur when my idle drops to about 400-500rpm. Is it normal?

Hi, I noticed the vibration will occur when my idle drops to about 400-500rpm. Is it normal?

No, for most cars its not normal. As someone mentioned, have your throttle body clean and see if it solves the problem.

Hi guys, just wondering how did you solve your vibration on idle problem despite having changed the engine mountings. The vibration lessen alot but the vibration is still there especially when AC is on. I noticed it only happen when i am on Drive mode. Help and advises would be greatly appreciated.

Did the vibrations start all of a sudden.....or came about slowly......or was always there?

If u change mountings n its still there, do a proper clean of throttle body. Is yr servicing due? Change plugs n air filter n oil n see how.

If due to AC, cud b yr AC compressor old n worn so has a heavy load on the engine but the ECU sud adjust idle speed.

U can also try re-set ECU by dis connect the + from the battery terminal overnight n see how.

No, for most cars its not normal. As someone mentioned, have your throttle body clean and see if it solves the problem.

Mine at 600rpm and idling very stable. Used to clean TB at 30k and MAF.

Used the spray type but each time dun spray too much for the TB whereas the MAF is ok.

Go to workshop and check you vehicle exhaust pipe mountings. [sly]

Exhuast pipe mounting if harden will also cause the vehicle to vibrates during idling..... [drivingcar]

If the mounting worn off, then you will hear the 'kok kok' sound when the pipe knock against the chasis or car body...

↡ Advertisement