Radiator hose sipping at joint

Hlkh

Hi all,

Need some advice for radiator hose sipping at joint

Just found it today with 3 location with green green type of residue.

Like to ask what it the cost to replace them?

Another question is replace back to oem or change to those with colour type?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

radiator hose dont cost that much probably below $100 with labour. my advice to go back to OEM.

So under $100 include coolant?

But saw there are some hose to my gear box also link to radiator so will have additional charge?

you need to check which hose is leaking, i think the radiator got a few hoses...in out and to the spare pump.

also replaced mine with silicon hoses that time when it was found to be bloated.

2-3 months back, i have this radiator problem. 1 of the hose joint leaking.

thinking it is small matter and Agent/Stockist all no stock, i continue driving.

Agent told me hose cost about S$400 including labour.

For every 3-4 days, i have to top-up the radiator water.

in the end, engine overheat and have to change many items including the Oil Cooler.

I have to TOP-Overhaul the whole engine.

Total bill for the repair cost me closed to 6K.

Almost 5 weeks no car to drive.

Edited by Mcf777

thinking it is small matter and Agent/Stockist all no stock, i continue driving.

in the end, engine overheat and have to change many items including the Oil Cooler.

Wah Bro, how long you drag with 3-4 days water top up till engine overhaul?

you need to check which hose is leaking, i think the radiator got a few hoses...in out and to the spare pump.

also replaced mine with silicon hoses that time when it was found to be bloated.

Err... think i abit kia siou type , wil ask workshop to change all related hose for radiator

also cause of current crazy car prize think i will drive till the last year of my COE...LOL

Err... think i abit kia siou type , wil ask workshop to change all related hose for radiator

also cause of current crazy car prize think i will drive till the last year of my COE...LOL

For radiator/coolant ....there r usually only 2 hoses to n from the radiator.

One on top n the other below. Both black rubber abt 2" thick.

The other smaller hoses u see r likely the ATF hoses which channel yr hot ATF to the radiator to b cooled.

When cold, squeeze the thick hoses. R they stiff n brittle? Then ty r old n need to change. Also look for bulges on the hose. If its bulging, also time to change.

Top hose usually quite easy to change n can DIY. Bottom hose a bit harder n better let yr ws do it plus when u change bottom hose, the coolant wil spill out, so might as well change yr coolant at the same time.

Oh yes there sud also b 2 smaller 1" black rubber hoses to/from yr heater inside the cabin. These r more lasting but good to have them checked at the same time.

Edited by Pisces69

radiator hose dont cost that much probably below $100 with labour. my advice to go back to OEM.

Rad top n bottom hose (2" black rubber) usually abt $20-$30 ea. Labout abt $30-$40 sud cover it.

Coolant as per your handbook n price varies on the type n qty u need.

Longlife coolant I change every 3 yrs +-. Normal coolant every 1-2yrs. U can drag a bit longer but I a bit fussy type.

better get it replaced quick, I also just got back my car from a overhaul after a leak at the bottom stopper .

I did not realize it until the temp goes until quite high. spent about 2.6k overhaul cum replacing the radiator and fan.

Radiator hose leaking or seeping from the joint?

If is hose crack and leak should be quite cheap. Otherwise may need to change the entire radiator.

Don't see small squirt think can tahan.. a 30 mins drive can easily drain your coolant reservoir..

Without proper cooling, better not drive your car.. otherwise like people say.. end up overhaul engine..

Supercharged

better get it replaced quick, I also just got back my car from a overhaul after a leak at the bottom stopper .

I did not realize it until the temp goes until quite high. spent about 2.6k overhaul cum replacing the radiator and fan.

You didn't check your engine fluids (open bonnet to see) every 2-3 weeks ?

Wow bro... you very brave. Lucky your car didn't burst into flames.

I would not play play with things like the engine cooling system.

You didn't check your engine fluids (open bonnet to see) every 2-3 weeks ?

Did check my fluids every Monday once I reach office, but did not notice the leak at its was below the radiator.

only after sending my kid to school then notice the temp chiong up......by the time too late to move the car to the side liow.......

Neutral Newbie

Radiator was ok 2 weeks back, thank God I did an oil change 1 week before using synthetic oil (else the damage could be worse)

Recently overflow tank emptied very quickly, top up abt 1000ml every 3 days.

There was once drove for 1 hour red light appeared.. Something waswrong, top up even more water 2000ml. But temp remains constant.

When engine is cool cannot find the leakage area, but when engine warm up, saw water dripping out below radiator at bottom corner.

This morning sent car to agent and confirm radiator leaking and was charged $520 parts and labour..

Supercharged

Maybe the one has spoken..

It's a sign that you need to change to samco radiator hose, then add on a clamp to hold it Well..

Every time, you open your Hood. It's smiling back at you.

Joking, can reused, reused.

Broken, change to samco.

Not secure, use clamp

Edited by Kurty

Just changed my radiator today. Had smoke coming out at carpark, I panicked. Damage is 420. Learnt that so long as the cooling system is affected, best get an expert on it. Almost had to overhaul the engine. That'll cost!

Just changed my radiator today. Had smoke coming out at carpark, I panicked. Damage is 420. Learnt that so long as the cooling system is affected, best get an expert on it. Almost had to overhaul the engine. That'll cost!

Wah what car are you driving that radiator cause $420 to replace.I just change mine at $260 including coolant.Anyway my ride is Toyota Allion,4year old.

Wah what car are you driving that radiator cause $420 to replace.I just change mine at $260 including coolant.Anyway my ride is Toyota Allion,4year old.

Abit new here. Me too drives an Allion..Where u change yours? Mine abt 300+.

↡ Advertisement