Yokohama Advan DB v551

Surf2004

I'm currently on Advan dB V551, 20,000km already.

Its quiet & comfy tyres like my previous GR90, Primacy LC, and DNA dB.

Grip wise slightly loose out to GR90, but the side wall slightly stiffer hence cornering is better than GR90. It takes bumps on the road quite well.

The one characteristic which makes it different from GR90 and Primacy LC is the rolling resistance is very low, very good for cruising.

I'm currently on Advan dB V551, 20,000km already.

Its quiet & comfy tyres like my previous GR90, Primacy LC, and DNA dB.

Grip wise slightly loose out to GR90, but the side wall slightly stiffer hence cornering is better than GR90. It takes bumps on the road quite well.

The one characteristic which makes it different from GR90 and Primacy LC is the rolling resistance is very low, very good for cruising.

GR90 is still the best choice (but shorter life appr 35K ) and LC both proven low noise and good grip

understand LC being replace by new Primacy 3 ST

Many thanks for the feedback. I'd been on 2 sets of GR90, both lasting about 50k km. Looking for a quieter ride and better cornering. Advan DB sounds good to me.

Many thanks for the feedback. I'd been on 2 sets of GR90, both lasting about 50k km. Looking for a quieter ride and better cornering. Advan DB sounds good to me.

since you had tried 2 set of gr90 , is time to try something new .

I would prefer to try new Michelin primacy 3ST

advan db later

since you had tried 2 set of gr90 , is time to try something new .

I would prefer to try new Michelin primacy 3ST

advan db later

I have checked that Michelin distributor does not bring in my tyre profile 205/60/16. Too bad. Otherwise I will also opt for P3 ST.

I have checked that Michelin distributor does not bring in my tyre profile 205/60/16. Too bad. Otherwise I will also opt for P3 ST.

sorry to hear that P3st is not in town yet

you still have 1 more option bridgstone got 1 ecopia ep200 should have your size, a eco friendly tyre that has low rolling résistance longer lasting yet the performance is not compromised.

the advan db not so sure the feed back, but not a bad choice is you want to try her

Hi, anyone tried the above tyres ? Appreciate your valuable feedback.

Thanks !

Very quiet and comfy tyres. the wear and tear is about 55k(90% highway drive)

V551 real quiet and comfort, but slippery on wet.(On camry for less than a week then sell off.)

CC5 nvr try.

XM2 is real good normal tyre with good rate of wear.(On Toyota Innova for 3 years already@20k mileage per year , still have some thread and grip is acceptable.)

My v551 is about 11,000km or 4mths old. Start to have wong..wong..wong.. sound. Cross rotate them also the same. Air pressure at 230kpa. Check with 2 workshops and there is nothing wrong with wheel bearings. They say it's the tyres.

Anyone experienced this too ?

I went to the tyre shop for a check. They said no problem with wheel bearings and they did a quick check. What water pump bearing ??!!??

Went to an experienced mechanic. Wheel bearing at the passenger side. Change on the spot and ohooo ! Sound gone.

I switched from the stock CSC3 to the Michelin PSS (front) and PS3 (rear) because i blew 2 tyres during the eve of a public holiday and then had to change another 2 tyres due to wear and tear later on. Whenever i do fairly fast cornering, my DSTC (dynamic stability and traction control) would flash and power will be cut... almost a year later, i blew 1 tyre and at the tyre shop's recommendation, to change all 4 tyres. Due to budget constraints and hoping to get a quieter set of tyres, i chose the Yoko Advan dB V551... i changed the size from 235/40/18 to 245/40/18. I have been doing a lot of hard cornerings for the past 15000km at the same places and not once have i seen DSTC being activated. I am puzzled... because that shows the Yoko actually had more grip than the PSS/PS3 combo and from many people's perspective, that seems impossible. To be honest, i am mighty mighty impressive by the grip levels of this set of tyres. I recently brought my car for wheelbalancing at Stamford and the 1st thing the guy asked after seeing the type of tyres my car was equipped with... "do your tyres spin often?" I said never once it did.

could it be because the grip of PS3 and PSS sending mix signal to the car computer hence the DSTC kicks in?

how is the wet griip of the V551?

I switched from the stock CSC3 to the Michelin PSS (front) and PS3 (rear) because i blew 2 tyres during the eve of a public holiday and then had to change another 2 tyres due to wear and tear later on. Whenever i do fairly fast cornering, my DSTC (dynamic stability and traction control) would flash and power will be cut... almost a year later, i blew 1 tyre and at the tyre shop's recommendation, to change all 4 tyres. Due to budget constraints and hoping to get a quieter set of tyres, i chose the Yoko Advan dB V551... i changed the size from 235/40/18 to 245/40/18. I have been doing a lot of hard cornerings for the past 15000km at the same places and not once have i seen DSTC being activated. I am puzzled... because that shows the Yoko actually had more grip than the PSS/PS3 combo and from many people's perspective, that seems impossible. To be honest, i am mighty mighty impressive by the grip levels of this set of tyres. I recently brought my car for wheelbalancing at Stamford and the 1st thing the guy asked after seeing the type of tyres my car was equipped with... "do your tyres spin often?" I said never once it did.

Yoko tyres are distributed by yhi, Stamford's main local competitor. Good to trust your own experience.

↡ Advertisement