Could Anyone Have Braked In Time To Avoid This Accident?

Jellandross

nope, i also dun think i can brake in time.

i really hope the little girl is ok.

the bang looks serious as she flew off quite a distance after the impact.

lucky the driver installed a car cam, but then no one can avoid if someone dash out like that.

having said, if my wife is in the car, she will help to look out to both side of the road to see potential dasher! then i will go very slow.

Edited by Jman888

Highly likely unable to brake in time. Further the girl is short so could have been obstructed by green barrier. IMO, they should extend the green barrier all the way covering the bus stops.

• Praise 3

I hope the girl recovers! Was she running for the bus? Wouldn't have been able to brake in time given the video. I feel sorry for the driver as well. Traumatic.

Negative for me as well [shakehead]

Hope the little girl is ok.

As parents we must drill into the mind of our little ones about road safety again and again and again. And again.

For my two naughties I always ask them if it is safe to cross a road when I am with them.

Their assessment is so far so good and I can only hope when they are alone to make any crossings, they will be able to remember the nagging words from their old man :mellow:

• Praise 6

As parents we must drill into the mind of our little ones about road safety again and again and again. And again.

For my two naughties I always ask them if it is safe to cross a road when I am with them.

Their assessment is so far so good and I can only hope when they are alone to make any crossings, they will be able to remember the nagging words from their old man :mellow:

telling and behavior is different for what i know.... kid is still a kid.

you can tell the kids a million time to be careful, but on the other hand you rush and chase them on errand and even doing it yourself while you drive or rush them to class, etc. Kids will tense up easily and when seeing the bus leaving, they will do stupid thing.

I know cos i chase and hop on a moving bus when i was a kid, thank god i survive the fall [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

I know cos i chase and hop on a moving bus when i was a kid, thank god i survive the fall [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Haha me to. Ran straight towards a moving motorbike chasing the bus. Nabei, who would have thought a bike coming from the bus-door side... In my mind, I thought this time hongkang liao. Lucky both bike and myself stopped in time, just touching each other.

Anyway, I find the authorities here always plant, or erect, objects to 'purposely' obstruct our view of oncoming vehicles.

I have to use the word 'purposely' because I feel anyone with a bit of brain would not have put the object in that manner.

Eg for left turn corners at zebra crossing, they need to plant bushes with height of a kid. Just waiting for similar accident to happen...

• Praise 5

no way any driver could have braked in time, unless travelling at 5-10kmh. The girl dashed out right after where the barrier/fence ends.

I do hope the girl is fine bar some minor injuries.

I will not be able to brake in time, and would not try

Honestly, i saw something in my peripheral vision coming in the video

Instinctively would have swerved to the left to avoid whatever it was, probably car go up the kerb and damaged the car or get whacked by a car in other lane

but human life more important i guess

we can drill. as much as we want.

but when the kid kan-cheong to chase a bus, all those drilling will just go out the window.

I feel so sorry for this kid~! and the heart ache the parents must be going thru rite now. [:(]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Thats the reason for having low speed limits on these kind of roads. If the driver was one of those who love driving on these kind of roads at high speeds then the girl will probably be dead.