We have come a very long way. . .

Bonafidestack

732786.png

Just to share!

I still have my 1st thumbdrive which is 64mb. That was the biggest thumbdrive during my sch times...

Best thing is, it's still workable!!! hahahah!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

Supercharged

Batteries still suck tho

battery technology has not advanced much if you look at the development in that department.

looks like battery technology has already reached its peak.

the next wave is most likely green technology. aka solar, kinetic charging and wearable tech which can charge batteries with your movement/body heat... etc.

Batteries still suck tho

How true. Why can't they standardise the blardy 1.5V cell to *one* single size? I realise there are differences in capacity, but seriously, even if they standardised everything to AAA, I would prefer more frequent battery changes to having to store both AA and AAA (and often C cells as well).

Even the chemistry can be made standard - is there really a need for "standard", "heavy duty", "alkaline" and the other newer non-rechargeable types? Just choose the best damn one! [rolleyes]

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

732786.png

Just to share!

I still have my 1st thumbdrive which is 64mb. That was the biggest thumbdrive during my sch times...

Best thing is, it's still workable!!! hahahah!!!

Bitch please, during my school days we are still using 600kb floppy disks before they invent the 1.2mb "high-density floppy"

floppy5.gif

Our PC is running on 8086 processor with 640kb built-in RAM. We ran DOS via diskettes and our monitor can only display 3 colors in 2 different templated. red,green,yellow or blue,magenta,white. We ran program in very specific way. reboot to run a game, reboot to run word proccessor, reboot to run printshop to print from dot matrix printer, reboot to run programming tools.

• Praise 1

Bitch please, during my school days we are still using 600kb floppy disks before they invent the 1.2mb "high-density floppy"

floppy5.gif

Our PC is running on 8086 processor with 640kb built-in RAM. We ran DOS via diskettes and our monitor can only display 3 colors in 2 different templated. red,green,yellow or blue,magenta,white. We ran program in very specific way. reboot to run a game, reboot to run word proccessor, reboot to run printshop to print from dot matrix printer, reboot to run programming tools.

8086? Haha, my first computer was an Apple IIe. :D

How true. Why can't they standardise the blardy 1.5V cell to *one* single size? I realise there are differences in capacity, but seriously, even if they standardised everything to AAA, I would prefer more frequent battery changes to having to store both AA and AAA (and often C cells as well).

Even the chemistry can be made standard - is there really a need for "standard", "heavy duty", "alkaline" and the other newer non-rechargeable types? Just choose the best damn one! [rolleyes]

[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Marketing strategy mah. Why need so many different cars on the road? People all wanna be individual. Then again, batteries are utilities.. So, standardise would be better.

• Praise 1

8086? Haha, my first computer was an Apple IIe. :D

My first computer was a Pineapple.... probably IIe also.

And later upgraded to a 486 with VGA - about $3500 - a fortune back then!

• Praise 1

Actually if you are talking about A, B, C, D size.. notice they are of the same length... u can get different thickness jackets to fit the A cell to become B, C or D... just need to store A cell can liao

Also Panasonic's Eneloop rechargeables are quite good... ultra high capacity and best of all its holds its charge very well over time...

• Praise 1

Some of ya'll older than me.

My first PC was a 386SX, 20mhz with turbo on. Good times, good times.

Everytime new fancy game came out, gotta edit config.sys and autoexec.bat or else cannot run.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Some of ya'll older than me.

My first PC was a 386SX, 20mhz with turbo on. Good times, good times.

Everytime new fancy game came out, gotta edit config.sys and autoexec.bat or else cannot run.

Mine was a 80286. Cost a bomb then. $3k+ I think. Was an expert in config and autoexec back then too [laugh] [laugh]

Still dunno why the need for fancy turbo button. Just run every damn thing in turbo lah :D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

We came a long way, look how much the tools have change yet the function and purpose is still the same:

Wordperfect = Winword

Lotus 123 = Excel

Harvard Graphics = Powerpoint

Dbase 2 = MS Access

Norton Commander = Windows Explorer

PCtools = System Tools in Windows

Borland C++ = Visual C++

↡ Advertisement