DSG GB maintance - DQ200

Keithchue

guys,

any practices for maintenance or dos and don'ts for the infamous DQ200 7speeder dry DSG from VW?

just want to start this topic for knowledge sharing

oops, sorry this thread should not be 'complaints' section,

MOD, please move to appropriate section

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

don't :

1. don't buy

2. don't drive

[laugh]

ok. serious.

don't:

1. engage reverse gear when the car still moving forward and vise versa

2. tune the car as the gb can't take the extra torque

cheaper to buy another brand new car.

is it possible to swap the DQ200 to DQ500 instead? since it is more reliable?

mounting points are the same?

is it possible to swap the DQ200 to DQ500 instead? since it is more reliable?

mounting points are the same?

I dun drive a vw. But a number of audi/vw owners recommend the workshop in the fb link posted earlier. FYI I dun work there but have done some reading. They are able to "recalibrate" the 7sp gb and even tune it to eliminate the low speed juddering, tuning is to suit local driving conditions. You just browse their fb and website. I saw a lot of poison too. LoL...

I suggest you contact the boss first and see whether he's able to solve your issues. I read that he previously worked as the workshop manager of audi before becoming his own boss. IMO dun waste time at the local AD if this workshop can do it. I also heard many stories gb while at cruising speed jump to 2nd or 3rd gear and stays there for good. Owner changed gb after gb still the same issue.

Edited by Watwheels

what happened?

Thought it was a steering wheel problem?

the infamous gear juddering lor..

back again after GB replacement.

the infamous gear juddering lor..

back again after GB replacement.

I'm curious to know how long it lasted before the new GB starts juddering?

No point change GB lah. IMO can give the DSG tuning a try. Don't bother about VCS already, just go to VAG or any other VW workshop outside.

Sometimes having warranty, esp for VW may not work as intended. Warranty supposed to give owners peace of mind, assurance. But I find that I had better peace of mind when my warranty expire, and I go to visit outside workshops. When i encounter problem any time, can just msg my mechanic or call.

If you keep seeing the same doctor but not getting any better, I think it's good to seek another opinion. Anyway, this DSG problem is well documented, unlike your steering problem. So I feel you shd give those outside workshop a try, if you have not done so. just my 2 cents

• Praise 1

That is strange, I thought the MU can last 50-60K before it fail again.

i think it is the clutch... gear 3-7 are fine.

only gear 1,2 gives the problem, and reverse

Hi Bro,

Will you still buy a VW if you are given a second chance?

If Not, what car will you buy?

Hi Bro,

Will you still buy a VW if you are given a second chance?

If Not, what car will you buy?

nope, skipping VW.

at that point of buying my car, dec 2012, I should have got C class since im changing from a civic..

maybe a second hand c class if $ are in question. to put things in perspective, 158K was the selling price of the C compressor brand new then.

Both clutch and mechatronic unit failures are two separate and different issues.

No point change GB lah. IMO can give the DSG tuning a try. Don't bother about VCS already, just go to VAG or any other VW workshop outside.

Sometimes having warranty, esp for VW may not work as intended. Warranty supposed to give owners peace of mind, assurance. But I find that I had better peace of mind when my warranty expire, and I go to visit outside workshops. When i encounter problem any time, can just msg my mechanic or call.

If you keep seeing the same doctor but not getting any better, I think it's good to seek another opinion. Anyway, this DSG problem is well documented, unlike your steering problem. So I feel you shd give those outside workshop a try, if you have not done so. just my 2 cents

I agree with you on the above.

↡ Advertisement