Driver Kena Summon from CISCO warden. Who to believe?

SuperEBreak

u believe who? nowadays any issue people post to social media, but sometimes they might even be in the wrong! [hur] who knows? nowadays got public support means win liao right? [shakehead]

https://www.facebook.com/AllSingaporeStuff/photos/a.493799937401739.1073741828.487870694661330/540572902724442/

10260005_540572902724442_562138176379634

"Hi, On 11TH APRIL 2014 ABT 2.29PM I was at Changi South Ave 2 waiting for available parking lot as it was all full as u can see. I was awaiting at the side so not to obstruct any traffic. A Cisco officer came by and I told him that I waiting for a parking lot. But he insist of issuing me a summon " Parking opposite single white line" even thou I am inside and beside my car. So does the traffic law doesn't allow us to wait for a available parking lot and does one get summon for illegal parking even when the driver is beside or inside his car ?"

Edited by SuperEBreak
↡ Advertisement

u believe who? nowadays any issue people post to social media, but sometimes they might even be in the wrong! [hur] who knows? nowadays got public support means win liao right? [shakehead]

https://www.facebook.com/AllSingaporeStuff/photos/a.493799937401739.1073741828.487870694661330/540572902724442/

"Hi, On 11TH APRIL 2014 ABT 2.29PM I was at Changi South Ave 2 waiting for available parking lot as it was all full as u can see. I was awaiting at the side so not to obstruct any traffic. A Cisco officer came by and I told him that I waiting for a parking lot. But he insist of issuing me a summon " Parking opposite single white line" even thou I am inside and beside my car. So does the traffic law doesn't allow us to wait for a available parking lot and does one get summon for illegal parking even when the driver is beside or inside his car ?"

Appeal lor, he think gather all the like can increase credit for appeal? :huh:

long long ago I went to East Coast Parkway n there were lots for paid parking but a section of the road had just been re-surfaced n the double yellow lines were not painted yet.

I parked there but still received a summons from URA Fatima aunty saying I had parked along a double yellow line.

I wrote in to URA to appeal but reply from them was there was a double yellow line there when I parked.

I tell u. Those days no handphone camera to take pics.

I wud hv taken pics n fought it out in court with those damm @sshole URA officers. End up I just paid the fine. Basket.

But some time later I read in newspapers pple had already paid their fines n URA summoned them again a 2nd time.

Someone waited for his day in court n produced his receipt from URA that he already paid the fine.

Obigood. The Magristrate screwed the URA officer upside-down telling her/him to get their act together n stop wasting the courts time n pples time.

Damm embarresing for URA. Really screwed up gharmen department.

• Praise 4

To them, a stationary vehicle = a parked vehicle. If the summon uncle or auntie accept that you are "waiting" in your vehicle, it's a bonus.. they can even summon you for air pollution if you waited > 5mins with your engine running. They say what, what lah. Put your ego aside and pay the fine bah.

life so difficult, got better things to worry..

A lot of drivers also like to wait along the road outside Golden Mile Complex and places like Parkway Parade. All like to wait & wait until gahment fedup setup cameras at these places. See who wanna wait somemore lah.

I used to wait for my wife to get off work around 1 raffles quay. Sometimes these officers on bikes will appear. They are very polite. "Sir, you can't park your car here". I give the thumbs up and go drive around abit.

Driver in the fb are ppl who wants to prove to everyone they are mentally retarded by doing this. These ppl are really black sheeps amongst drivers.

My gut feeling tells me that such drivers see these ppl no up. If it were to be a TP officer I think they won't argue and piss off immediately.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 10

Turbocharged

one incident that takes the cake for me is one i witnessed at my neighbourhood. there's this lorry which parked by the road with a single yellow zigzag. the warden came, waited few minutes n then issued a ticket. jus as he was printing the ticket, the driver came shouting. he said something like this "y u saman me? i was sitting there. i wait only see u saman me or not." this was part of their argument. couldnt hear wat the warden said.

how stupid can the driver b?? his argument is that he was waiting to see if kena fine or not!??! he even had the stupidity to want to take photo of the warden. the warden also took photo n gave the ticket to him.

• Praise 4

A lot of drivers also like to wait along the road outside Golden Mile Complex and places like Parkway Parade. All like to wait & wait until gahment fedup setup cameras at these places. See who wanna wait somemore lah.

I used to wait for my wife to get off work around 1 raffles quay. Sometimes these officers on bikes will appear. They are very polite. "Sir, you can't park your car here". I give the thumbs up and go drive around abit.

Driver in the fb are ppl who wants to prove to everyone they are mentally retarded by doing this. These ppl are really black sheeps amongst drivers.

My gut feeling tells me that such drivers see these ppl no up. If it were to be a TP officer I think they won't argue and piss off immediately.

I have argued with TP a few times. At least ty wil listen n agree if u make sense.

Those Cisco etc wil not even listen cos ty also dun know n always only use the same standard standard template reply.

one incident that takes the cake for me is one i witnessed at my neighbourhood. there's this lorry which parked by the road with a single yellow zigzag. the warden came, waited few minutes n then issued a ticket. jus as he was printing the ticket, the driver came shouting. he said something like this "y u saman me? i was sitting there. i wait only see u saman me or not." this was part of their argument. couldnt hear wat the warden said.

how stupid can the driver b?? his argument is that he was waiting to see if kena fine or not!??! he even had the stupidity to want to take photo of the warden. the warden also took photo n gave the ticket to him.

Maybe thats why he is a lorry driver???? [:|]

Turbocharged

These Malaysian Certis Cisco guys come Singapore summon you ppl for parking illegally along the side of the road. Go back Malaysia, they do exactly what they were paid to summon ppl - anyhow park there cars and bikes. Such irony.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Parked in a proper parking lot with me still inside the car also must tear and put coupon.

Encountered so many times liao, aunty will signal put coupon if not drive out of the lot.

Strictly speaking, under our law, as long as you stop your car is considered parking liao, doesn't matter whether you inside or outside the car.

Having said that, I detest officers who abuse their powers. If I'm ever wrongly fined/summoned I'll be damn sure to appeal and take them to court all the way.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

chenghu dept all knnb. their words are all shiittt...... cannot trust.

Once this TV License guy came to my doorstep as im locking the door.......no one staying there. i go there ocassionally to clean up. (cut story short)

They send me a summon for not renewing TV license.

The MAIN thing I am angry about is not the summon. But the content stated in the letter.

It stated that this guy STEP into my house and saw the TV. This is a big lie. I already closed the door, how is he able to see or go into my house?

I wrote in to question this guy lying about going into my house.

Guess what the reply? If you not happy with the summon, see you in court.

Count him lucky....i didnt install camera in that house. If have, really see this CMI bolehman in court! Lying to hit quota.

• Praise 2

This type wants to play but 输不起 ( kiasu), then make illogical statement. Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1

Once this TV License guy came to my doorstep as im locking the door.......no one staying there. i go there ocassionally to clean up. (cut story short)

The MAIN thing I am angry about is not the summon. But the content stated in the letter.

It stated that this guy STEP into my house and saw the TV. This is a big lie. I already closed the door, how is he able to see or go into my house?

Count him lucky....i didnt install camera in that house. If have, really see this CMI bolehman in court! Lying to hit quota.

so is there a tv in the house? If yes, his gamble pays off...

• Praise 2

Technically it is considered "Parking" even if you are inside or next to the car. Otherwise we would end up with many roads being blocked up by drivers waiting for their passengers running errands etc.

But the law was also written at a time when we didn't have to wait for a parking lot or wait to get into a carpark!

Edited by Volvobrick

TV licence has been scrapped so it's all in the past, but your case is weird...

didn't the government say that TV licence is payable no matter you have a TV or not? why do they have to claim that they saw a TV before concluding that you defaulted on paying your licence fee?

does this mean the application of the rule was inconsistent?

Turbocharged

Definition of parking:

“park” means to bring a motor vehicle or a trailer to a stationary position and cause it to wait for any purpose other than that of immediately taking up or setting down persons, goods or luggage;

Doesn't matter whether any driver inside or not, technically an offence has been committed if he wait there.

This is clearly stated in the TP driving theory

↡ Advertisement