Kena charged by Paypal and other unknown website

Turbocharged

Today, when I print out my Credit Card statement..... I nearly fainted..... nearly 1K was charged through Paypal and some website that I have not heard of for some nbzzz CCB games (Elder Scroll or simi LJ)..... i check through all my stuff and very sure my kid did not buy it... he is using an iPad, and I already disable the payment long ago.....

I call DBS and cancel the card..... nbzzz CCB.... tell me must pay for the charges first, else next month will charge interest..... LL pay up and hope that they can resolve this......

I check my Paypal account (so far, have not bought anything through Paypal), the credit card info inside is diff from the card that was charged.....in any case, I already deleted the credit card info in Paypal..... I really cannot understand how the dark Paypal can charge me..... <_<[knife] ... NBCCB.... pui

↡ Advertisement

he said 1k....

Lol, I'm not very good with reading.

Anyway, TS I suggest you wait for their investigations. If the answer you get is not satisfactory, speak to their manager. If all things fail, tell them you will lodge a complaint on their facebook page and write to their MD.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Lol, I'm not very good with reading.

Anyway, TS I suggest you wait for their investigations. If the answer you get is not satisfactory, speak to their manager. If all things fail, tell them you will lodge a complaint on their facebook page and write to their MD.

Thanks, I will...... really shocking..... it was several charges to the same site over 3 days..... few months back when I had a dubious charge to my UOB card (the infamous Taiwan site where many bro kena also), the bank call me and they already blocked my card... and it was a mere $10 transaction..... DBS did nothing...... <_<[shakehead]

Anybody familiar with Paypal?? You can only use the credit card in their system to pay for purchase right? If your Credit Card details is not in their system, you cannot use right??

I also email to Paypal, but doubt they can do anything..... when I check my transaction history, it was unsurprising zero, nothing.... as I did not purchase anything using Paypal..... wonder how they can trace.....

Edited by Nlatio

Thanks, I will...... really shocking..... it was several charges to the same site over 3 days..... few months back when I had a dubious charge to my UOB card (the infamous Taiwan site where many bro kena also), the bank call me and they already blocked my card... and it was a mere $10 transaction..... DBS did nothing...... <_<[shakehead]

Anybody familiar with Paypal?? You can only use the credit card in their system to pay for purchase right? If your Credit Card details is not in their system, you cannot use right??

I also email to Paypal, but doubt they can do anything..... when I check my transaction history, it was unsurprising zero, nothing.... as I did not purchase anything using Paypal..... wonder how they can trace.....

u shouldn't have paid....

• Praise 4

You can call paypal and show them the charge from your bank accounts. I was charged $4K+ last month by PayPal through my OCBC card which is not my default credit card in paypal.

After the investigation paypal should refund you the amount. I was lucky cos the amount is above $1k and OCBC SMS me the alert which I call OCBC and paypal immediately, the charge was still on hold and never get through.

Turbocharged
(edited)

You can call paypal and show them the charge from your bank accounts. I was charged $4K+ last month by PayPal through my OCBC card which is not my default credit card in paypal.

After the investigation paypal should refund you the amount. I was lucky cos the amount is above $1k and OCBC SMS me the alert which I call OCBC and paypal immediately, the charge was still on hold and never get through.

That's why now they smart.... charge below 1k over a few days.... nbzzzz ccb.... <_< But why Paypal like that??? What's the farking use to log in a Credit Card number with them then??

u shouldn't have paid....

Believe me bro.... I do not want to pay.... but first time kena this type of thing.... listen to the CSO and pay up else later kena interest..... hope can tai ethe $$$ back.... hmmm.....

Edited by Nlatio
  • Praise 1

That's why now they smart.... charge below 1k over a few days.... nbzzzz ccb.... <_<

If you prove another credit card was charge through PayPal and it is not the default card listed with them, you have a case to get back the money.

I dun think is paypal fault, it is like they use paypal to hide the hacked credit cards database, only via another pay mode they can buy time.

Edited by Jman888

Turbocharged
(edited)

If you prove another credit card was charge through PayPal and it is not the default card listed with them, you have a case to get back the money.

Confirm not the default card cause I log in to check..... heck that card already not in use long ago..... nbzzz i call them tomorrow....

Edited by Nlatio
  • Praise 1

Confirm not the default card cause I log in to check..... heck that card already not in use long ago..... nbzzz i call them tomorrow....

You shouldn't email them, call them direct. They know they have been used.

Turbocharged

You shouldn't email them, call them direct. They know they have been used.

Noted bro.... will call them first thing tomorrow.... cannot settle go their office..... nbzzzz

Twincharged

Something similar happened to me before. A few 3-400USD payments were made from my paypal acct to facebook ireland over a few days. Only noticed it when i got my statement. Called standard chartered and they immediately cancelled my card and a courier delivered another card to me the next day. They also said I will not need to pay for any of these charges.

After a few days Paypal also email me and say they will refund those charges. I also asked the bank to call me everytime my card is used through paypal. Troublesome but I also hardly use paypal anyway.

Most likely you kena hacked and someone stole your credit card info already.

I also kena before, someone took about $600+ through my PayPal account. Lucky they sent email asking me to confirm, and I went in to check. Was credited to some Eastern European fella.

Wrote email to PayPal and they refunded me the money after a few days.

I think it's important to check your bank statements regularly, so that you can catch these unauthorised transactions and stop them before it's too late.

Edited by Benarsenal
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

im a PAYPAL user.

I think you may have used the "hack" card somewhere.

The hacker may have hack your credit card details from that merchant.

Once they get hold of the card details, hacker can open a few PAYPAL accounts and send to each other or use it to buy items. Can even go SQ website to buy tickets.

Or they can also withdraw the PAYPAL money to their bank saving/current account, it takes at least 3-4 full working days.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

PayPal has this refund policy so juz call them. If I m not mistaken, they will hold ur $ wif them for 45 days thereafter then release to merchant. If ur payment is made within the last 45 days, ur money cld still be wif them.

• Praise 1

That's why now they smart.... charge below 1k over a few days.... nbzzzz ccb.... <_< But why Paypal like that??? What's the farking use to log in a Credit Card number with them then??

Believe me bro.... I do not want to pay.... but first time kena this type of thing.... listen to the CSO and pay up else later kena interest..... hope can tai ethe $$$ back.... hmmm.....

Really shouldn't have paid. Times like that u stand ur ground and ask the bank to go dark them self. By paying, it might be interpreted as you agreeing to the charge. Do you have on record at the CSO asked you to pay first? This is a common problem nowadays but once u pay, the various party are not so interested to resolve the problem.

Turbocharged

PayPal has this refund policy so juz call them. If I m not mistaken, they will hold ur $ wif them for 45 days thereafter then release to merchant. If ur payment is made within the last 45 days, ur money cld still be wif them.

No such thing they hold yr amt.

U can have a s$0 in paypal to operate. Dont need any bank guarantee.

If someone will to transfer the money to yr paypal account, u can use it immediately to transfer to another paypal or withdraw it out.

For TS case, he only realized it when he saw the statement. Usually, bank will only post the transcation on the statement 2 to 3 days later.

Paypal is one of the merchant that dont required OTP.

They always stress that their system is the best.

Without OTP, there will be many fraud case like TS.

↡ Advertisement