Telco charging $2.14 more for 4G services

Keithchue

starting thread for discussion..

it is justifiable since we don't have a stable 4G connection while we are at the ends of Singapore island?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

more like due to the advent of apps like whatsapp & voip which have killed the telco's bread & butter (sms and calls).. they need to nickel and dime us to show they are still profitable :P

Lucky I'm on M1, the charges will take effect end of the year. But it's $10.70 per month, more than Starhub. This gives me another reason to get the Xiaomi, since no need 4g liao.

Turbocharged

i think that for $2, most people will just accept it and continue

it's $2 for *now* ... considered a "promo" price. the article says after that they intend to increase to $10/mth ... ><

if $2/mth i also wont really bother since the speed can really be felt between 3G and 4G.

• Praise 1

it's $2 for *now* ... considered a "promo" price. the article says after that they intend to increase to $10/mth ... ><

if $2/mth i also wont really bother since the speed can really be felt between 3G and 4G.

when they first intro 4g, they offier it for free

fish-hook.jpg

now they offer $2

boil-the-frog.jpg?w=300&h=250

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 4

Why need to buy that special phone just to avoid using 4G? Can just switch your phone to 3G or even 2G if you don't want 4G.

Lucky I'm on M1, the charges will take effect end of the year. But it's $10.70 per month, more than Starhub. This gives me another reason to get the Xiaomi, since no need 4g liao.

Do we need 4G? If all of us don't use / need, the telcos will just LPPL ...

they will purposely lower your 3G connectivity then you also LPPL got to take 4G unless you can wait for long loading times.

I tot this is also considered price fixing when all of them raise the price at the same time??

Why need to buy that special phone just to avoid using 4G? Can just switch your phone to 3G or even 2G if you don't want 4G.

don picha his lobang mah

he wanna chnage phone one [laugh]

they will purposely lower your 3G connectivity then you also LPPL got to take 4G unless you can wait for long loading times.

I tot this is also considered price fixing when all of them raise the price at the same time??

pohing mata now!!!!!! [laugh]

don picha his lobang mah

he wanna chnage phone one [laugh]

pohing mata now!!!!!! [laugh]

lol....I think no use...........whichever Telco we change to, they still go back to the same source.....

unless we go back to " Di Tiang Ka Pager " era...........

first they drop my plan form 12 GB to 3GB!

now they want to pull another stunt,

I'm very very angry! now got to find a corner to suck my thumb.

basically they are bleeding revenue due to watsapp, and now they are finding ways to recover loss.

what is the cost to the telco to implement 4G? need to invest in 100mil equipments? if from

2G to 3G can offer at 12GB, 3G to 4G only 3GB??

once we re-contract...........we auto become 4G plan............so use whatever G also is consider 4G............no need to switch to 3G/2G/G or but whatever G spot phone..............if you on 4G plan.......sorry hor they will charge you............hahaha.......... [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

but as with all things in SG... we let them eventually walk all over us lo. just LLST eventually ...

• Praise 1

Worse thing is even if they increase price to $10/mth but consumers still experience the same speed previously and breakdowns. Ppl dun get refund, the authorities(MDA) fine them and keep the money. It's lose-lose situation for us consumers.

buy no contract phones lor. Anyway, phones under contract aren't really highly "subsidised" also.

once we re-contract...........we auto become 4G plan............so use whatever G also is consider 4G............no need to switch to 3G/2G/G or but whatever G spot phone..............if you on 4G plan.......sorry hor they will charge you............hahaha.......... [laugh] [laugh]

If it's under co's expense/claimable from company, just whack the highest possible plan.

If personal, just get prepaid card 'cos no monthly and 24 months commitment.

I am still using hi-card with $200+ value left 'cos last time every 3 months must top up $10 to keep active. That's how it gets accummulated so much. Now just renew "coe" @ $0.99 every 3 months to keep it active. [laugh] Caller ID and simi LJ also "free" unlike postpaid must pay $5 for caller ID. KNS.

$0.99 for 3 months, used it as a "pager" very worth. [thumbsup]

first they drop my plan form 12 GB to 3GB!

now they want to pull another stunt,

I'm very very angry! now got to find a corner to suck my thumb.

basically they are bleeding revenue due to watsapp, and now they are finding ways to recover loss.

what is the cost to the telco to implement 4G? need to invest in 100mil equipments? if from

2G to 3G can offer at 12GB, 3G to 4G only 3GB??

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement