Tyre With No Manufacturing Date?

Aizen

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, was observing my tyres earlier and found that the two tyres on the right had the manufacturing date printed on them, but not those on the left. I've attached the pictures. Is this strange or is it because the dates are printed on the inner sidewall?

post-27306-0-17602200-1397709005_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

If your tyres can be used in any direction,... chances are they're on the inside. The person who installed it probably din care which side is facing out.

Every tyre comes with a manufacturing date.

Neutral Newbie

I'm using Yokohama dB ES501 tyres, not quite sure if they're uni-directional or non-directional.

Neutral Newbie

ES501 is uni-directional tyre. They have a rotation arrow.

Thanks for the clarification. So since they are uni-directional, the year of manufacture should never be on the inner sidewall? Worried that the mechanic or tyre shop did a poor job back then (I wasn't the one who sent the car there).

Thanks for the clarification. So since they are uni-directional, the year of manufacture should never be on the inner sidewall? Worried that the mechanic or tyre shop did a poor job back then (I wasn't the one who sent the car there).

Check all 4 tyre sidewall. If you see the rotation arrow on the outside then it's ok.

Since the tyres are uni-directional, it means that the manufacture stamp will be on the inside on one side (left front/rear or right front/rear). Your tyres are done correctly.

For asymmetric tyres, all 4 tyre manufacture stamp will be on the outerside wall.

Neutral Newbie

Since the tyres are uni-directional, it means that the manufacture stamp will be on the inside on one side (left front/rear or right front/rear). Your tyres are done correctly.

For asymmetric tyres, all 4 tyre manufacture stamp will be on the outerside wall.

Did a check this morning and the tyre rotation was in the correct direction. Anyway, I changed all four tyres since they were old, and fitted non-directional tyres this time. A big thank you to all of you for helping!

↡ Advertisement