4th Malaysian arrested over attempt to breach WL checkpoint

Darthrevan

The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) on Monday morning arrested a 33-year-old Malaysian man who attempted to drive out of the Woodlands Checkpoint while undergoing checks.

This happened after he was unable to produce his travel document at the arrival car counter.

The alarm was activated and the arrival car zone was locked down immediately.

This is the fourth such incident at the Woodlands Checkpoint this year.

ICA said in a statement that it is currently investigating the incident.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If he really forget to bring passport, will the officer anyhow press the alarm button and act like they are facing real terrorist?

• Praise 1

The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) on Monday morning arrested a 33-year-old Malaysian man who attempted to drive out of the Woodlands Checkpoint while undergoing checks.
This happened after he was unable to produce his travel document at the arrival car counter.
The alarm was activated and the arrival car zone was locked down immediately.
This is the fourth such incident at the Woodlands Checkpoint this year.
ICA said in a statement that it is currently investigating the incident.

it's like machiam after the little india riots, they all see singapore police no up.

all start to test water push limits?

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Why do I get the feeling these recent cases are not random events?

Ya.... all come and test water [:|]

• Praise 1

Won't be surprised if one of those caught say with genuine bewilderment "Last time I crossed so many times like that also can. Why catch me now???"

• Praise 7

good try. :D

Won't be surprised if one of those caught say with genuine bewilderment "Last time I crossed so many times like that also can. Why catch me now???"

• Praise 1

Why do I get the feeling these recent cases are not random events?

Why none try Tuas 2nd Link yet? Maybe an excuse to jam up the causeway or divert attention elsewhere?

Why none try Tuas 2nd Link yet? Maybe an excuse to jam up the causeway or divert attention elsewhere?

Bro 2nd link also jam, but not as jia luck as causeway

• Praise 1

If he really forget to bring passport, will the officer anyhow press the alarm button and act like they are facing real terrorist?

In light of recent circumstances, it is better to "over-react" than "under-react". ICA officers probably had been issued an updated mandate to "over-react".

If really forget to bring passport, the driver should have realized when he tried to clear JB checkpoint, and U-turn at JB checkpoint.

Siao Liao lor next week going up, come back sure jam like siao

Yday already jam like siao, it is time to increase the punishment too many warrior come test water and innocent ppl like u and me PAY for their stupidity act.

I went over at 4pm and came back at 6pm.....everything was find except for the normal queue! How come they didnt state the time it happened!

It happen at 10.45am. info from malaysia traffic watch fb page

Yday already jam like siao, it is time to increase the punishment too many warrior come test water and innocent ppl like u and me PAY for their stupidity act.

It happen at 10.45am. info from malaysia traffic watch fb page

ahhh...i see. Happened earlier! Cameback at 6++ and it was the normal traffic. Didnt know until i read it here.

was there any such thingy in the past and is part and parcel of custom's formality?

Its just that they choose to report now than not in the past.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1