Action Camcorders (GoPro, Replay, Contour etc)

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

post-107101-0-74400900-1398179031_thumb.jpg

Is anyone using a GoPro camera? Thinking of getting one but wanna get some feedbacks and reviews.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

attachicon.gifgopro.jpg

Is anyone using a GoPro camera? Thinking of getting one but wanna get some feedbacks and reviews.

I very shy don't dare to take pics one leh :ph34r:

• Praise 2

Yeah I've got a hero 3 black. Use it mostly for diving but I also have a mount on my helmet which I use occasionally. Sticks out quite a fair bit though, and wind noise even with a waterproof casing on is pretty loud.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

Yeah I've got a hero 3 black. Use it mostly for diving but I also have a mount on my helmet which I use occasionally. Sticks out quite a fair bit though, and wind noise even with a waterproof casing on is pretty loud.

How much did you got it for and from where? I'm actually testing out the SJ4000, it's like a replica of the GoPro at like less than half the price of it. The resolution should be nothing like the GoPro though. I tried it at night and it wasn't very impressive.

post-107101-0-70553600-1398179935.jpg

This is the SJ4000. So identical to GoPro

How do you even stand having it on your helmet. Looks so much like a teletubby.

Internal Moderator

I very shy don't dare to take pics one leh :ph34r:

Nobody wanna take your pics.

Can use as a car cam?

Definitely can but kinda wasted. It's actually a superbly versatile waterproof camera. You can use it for watersports, diving, riding, snowboarding etc etc etc.

I just ordered this

A GoPro chiong version..lol.

From the review, its almost the same (minus the wifi but with viewfinder)

Haha. I am currently using this. First day of using it actually.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Don't ji hong lei. Doesn't work on MCF de lei. Hahaha.

I play with you only you think I ji hong you? Love you confidence [laugh]

Internal Moderator

I play with you only you think I ji hong you? Love you confidence [laugh]

Don't laaaa. Kena rejected already than act play play. I know you have been stalking me since the beginning. [laugh]

Turbocharged

Don't laaaa. Kena rejected already than act play play. I know you have been stalking me since the beginning. [laugh]

Alright. You got me. I'm [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] now

[laugh]

I forgot how much I paid, but I got mine with extras like the touchscreen lcd backpack, buoyant handle for diving, red filters, extra battery etc. I think all in all about 600+. Got it from the diveshop on the first floor of golden landmark.

Feedback: Battery life when using with lcd screen not very good. Apparently it's improved with the Hero 3+, which incidentally was launched only a few weeks after I got mine, bugger.

Can record up to 4k, but I usually just record at 720p/30 fps. Good enough to view a fullscreen on my monitor and still be sharp. Attempts to edit/compress/upload to youtube look like crap.

The red filter is awesome for diving, I've been on some dives where you could actually see more on the video playback than what we were seeing underwater.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

I forgot how much I paid, but I got mine with extras like the touchscreen lcd backpack, buoyant handle for diving, red filters, extra battery etc. I think all in all about 600+. Got it from the diveshop on the first floor of golden landmark.

Feedback: Battery life when using with lcd screen not very good. Apparently it's improved with the Hero 3+, which incidentally was launched only a few weeks after I got mine, bugger.

Can record up to 4k, but I usually just record at 720p/30 fps. Good enough to view a fullscreen on my monitor and still be sharp. Attempts to edit/compress/upload to youtube look like crap.

The red filter is awesome for diving, I've been on some dives where you could actually see more on the video playback than what we were seeing underwater.

I've viewed the recordings of my SJ4000 on my laptop and it looked like crap tbh. I don't know whether it's due to my laggy computer or what but the night recording was bad. I haven't tried daytime yet. It always suck balls when being uploaded to Facebook (which I don't blame) since Facebook usually compresses the video way too much.

And yes, I've also noticed battery life drops really fast for the SJ4000 as well, thought it would be better for the GoPro. They do have the sleep mode yea?

post-107101-0-33448900-1398181590_thumb.jpg

post-107101-0-70739100-1398181599_thumb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNYCGezQmFQ

Another camera, the Contour Roam actually looks much better than the GoPro thanks to its shape. Pretty much confused over which to get and as you know my primary use of it would be for my bike, there just isn't much space for me to mount on an SP.

Internal Moderator

post-107101-0-71909300-1398181873_thumb.jpg

@myxilplix

It's quite badly mounted. Haven't figured out where's a better place to get it mounted on for good.

You might get a lot of vibration but test and see first. Oh yeah there's a shop on the 2nd floor of Alexandra Retail Centre that sells ALOT of gopro accessories.

• Praise 1