Oops, Quan Yifeng made it to the news again

Qpik

Supercharged

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/tv-host-quan-yifeng-fined-800-inconsiderate-driving-20140423

By Walter Sim

Mediacorp artiste and popular Channel 8 TV host Chuan Yi Fong - better known as Quan Yifeng - was fined $800 and disqualified three months from driving on Wednesday after she pleaded guilty to one charge of inconsiderate driving.
Quan is said to have knocked Mr Raman Selvaraj, 28, down at the junction of Selegie Road and Sungei Road one morning on July 2 last year.
But she immediately pulled over and rendered assistance to the man, who suffered a laceration to the back of his head, abrasions on his left elbow, and pain in his left hip. She also offered compensation of US$1,000, and to pay for all his medical expenses.
This is her third brush with the law here. In 1996, she was convicted of fighting, and in 2011 was placed on 15 months' probation for committing mischief in an altercation she had with a taxi driver.

Imo, driving is not for someone who easily lose control their emotions.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

She stopped and rendered assistance. That's a good act already. Cut the slack even though she have "temper" problems.

If she had ran away which is a cowardly act then it's a different story Lthogether

• Praise 12

I already said the last time ... If you are impatient, you are most likely a potential road hazard ... But I kena Junked ... See Lar, See what happen ... <_<

• Praise 11
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

She stopped and rendered assistance. That's a good act already. Cut the slack even though she have "temper" problems.

If she had ran away which is a cowardly act then it's a different story Lthogether

agreed. this accident got nothing to do with her bad temper and she did render help after the accident.

Supercharged

agreed she did stop to help.

but if someone is not a public figure and it happened at a ulu spot, what are the chances that person might run?

i still stand firm, those who have "temper" problem should consider leaving driving to someone else. regular joe only lose it on a spur of moment.

I already said the last time ... If you are impatient, you are most likely a potential road hazard ... But I kena Junked ... See Lar, See what happen ... <_<

agreed with u

Supercharged

strange she offered to compensate in USD?

why would anyone do that

Maybe at that time she only had USD with her ? [:/]

Yes, cut her some slack lah.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

agreed. this accident got nothing to do with her bad temper and she did render help after the accident.

if a driver is the type who gets impatient easily, isn't there a possibility that he might gets worked up with rapid changing of traffic lights plus numerous lights at the said area of accident? n might tend to cheong ah....which result in peepo peepo

Edited by Qpik

it's weird man..

imagine she said she would compensate $1,260 which is equivalent to USD 1,000

it's not like she's an american, LOL

Supersonic

Yes, cut her some slack lah.

But if she has a long standing anger management issue, which may in turn manifest itself in the form of inconsiderate driving, she should also do her part and seek appropriate help.

That's taking personal responsibility.

it's weird man..

Maybe quoting the figue in USD have the amdk effect & to the victim, it sounds more "power" that tp say I give u $1260?

Psycho games..... Pretty sure, as a host, she would have training & skillsets in "managing" audiences ....

Supercharged

it's weird man..

Could be she just done a business deal and got paid in USD, and then was on her way to Mustafa to change into SGD when the accident happens!! (cos it happened in Selegie Road, which leads to Serangoon Road)... [laugh]

Anyway the currency is not relevant here. It is the compensation she is offering....which is a good gesture.

But if she has a long standing anger management issue, which may in turn manifest itself in the form of inconsiderate driving, she should also do her part and seek appropriate help.

That's taking personal responsibility.

From the way she talks and carry herself, you can actually tell that she is the *Kan Cheong Spider* type ... Talk Fast, Move Fast, Act Fast ... [nod]

serve you right! [:p] because many people very mang zang on the road nowadays :D

I have refused and stopped watching ANY of her programs!

To be honest ... I do find her revoltingly annoying. Committing one misdemeanor after another is extremely unbecoming of a "public" figure.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

if a driver is the type who gets impatient easily, isn't there a possibility that he might gets worked up with rapid changing of traffic lights plus numerous lights at the said area of accident? n might tend to cheong ah....which result in peepo peepo

possible but not for this case I think.

if she really had a bad temper on that faithful day, most likely the victim will get slaps and kicks from her instead of help (we all know what she is capable of).

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/tv-host-quan-yifeng-fined-800-inconsiderate-driving-20140423

By Walter Sim

Mediacorp artiste and popular Channel 8 TV host Chuan Yi Fong - better known as Quan Yifeng - was fined $800 and disqualified three months from driving on Wednesday after she pleaded guilty to one charge of inconsiderate driving.

Quan is said to have knocked Mr Raman Selvaraj, 28, down at the junction of Selegie Road and Sungei Road one morning on July 2 last year.

But she immediately pulled over and rendered assistance to the man, who suffered a laceration to the back of his head, abrasions on his left elbow, and pain in his left hip. She also offered compensation of US$1,000, and to pay for all his medical expenses.

This is her third brush with the law here. In 1996, she was convicted of fighting, and in 2011 was placed on 15 months' probation for committing mischief in an altercation she had with a taxi driver.

ok lah, she knock down a person ( i suppose unintentional, if not why call it accident? ) but render assistance and provide medical compensation. what else you wish for? sex ah? [:|]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1