3D Printers

RadX

Gotten snagged and bitten by this new hobby after seeing the demo.

Narrowed down to these few models:

1. MakerBot 3D

2. FlashForge

3. Dekota

anybody with expereince in these?

51dcbxO-TsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41%2BH%2B3hK2LL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

71OzSNXV2AL._AA1500_.jpg

so far the gold standard is Makerbot, but looking at dual extruders, and the DEkota is the one I am eyeing.

Relatively cheap, under $3k

↡ Advertisement

Gotten snagged and bitten by this new hobby after seeing the demo.

Narrowed down to these few models:

1. MakerBot 3D

2. FlashForge

3. Dekota

anybody with expereince in these?

51dcbxO-TsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41%2BH%2B3hK2LL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

71OzSNXV2AL._AA1500_.jpg

so far the gold standard is Makerbot, but looking at dual extruders, and the DEkota is the one I am eyeing.

Relatively cheap, under $3k

Hmmmmm............ you trying to print a Porsche or Beemer... [sly]

Issit all this like...super big???

You should be looking for smaller ones like this:

http://www.3dmatters.com.sg/#!purchasables/c2414

http://store.makerbot.com/replicator-mini

yup bro, small ones, the desktop types

HP will be coming up with commercial ones October

Hmmmmm............ you trying to print a Porsche or Beemer... [sly]

print dildo for old man like u...hahaahahah

Turbocharged

yup bro, small ones, the desktop types

HP will be coming up with commercial ones October

THe smaller ones are cheaper too. But shipping will kill.

I'm planning to get one but waiting for prices to fall and 2nd generation machines to appear, hopefully in SG. I believe 3D printing will be more common in the future. But it really depends on what you want to do.

I'm into collecting toys/figures and stuff so this 3D printing opens alot of possibilities for customization.

For you I dunno. coffin parts perhap? Lol

I'm planning to get one but waiting for prices to fall and 2nd generation machines to appear, hopefully in SG. I believe 3D printing will be more common in the future. But it really depends on what you want to do.

I'm into collecting toys/figures and stuff so this 3D printing opens alot of possibilities for customization.

group buy? hahah

Amazon has a few other models for consideration. Bro, machines are into the 5th gen now. Stick with the 3rd and above generations for closer alignment to current technology

I took a sample of a bunny from my fren's shop. The end result from looks was good, esp where the ears of the bunny. But when u touch the bunny, its pretty rough, not smooth like from those casting type.

group buy? hahah

Amazon has a few other models for consideration. Bro, machines are into the 5th gen now. Stick with the 3rd and above generations for closer alignment to current technology

Machines must have local support, if not later cannot get parts & labor to service the unit ... If the bugger cannot support the machine, don't buy ...Most CB Dealer when got problem will tell you that they have to send the whole entire unit back to agent to repair & you have to foot the freight charges ... [hur]

Machines must have local support, if not later cannot get parts & labor to service the unit ... If the bugger cannot support the machine, don't buy ...Most CB Dealer when got problem will tell you that they have to send the whole entire unit back to agent to repair & you have to foot the freight charges ... [hur]

Lim pei repair own self hor. This separates boys fr men

Google n u jus ship parts and repair yourself

Dealers sometimes dunno how repair so this is really a non issue for me

Why u think I ship laptops n phones in confidently? Cos I dun depend on bloody local dealers

I took a sample of a bunny from my fren's shop. The end result from looks was good, esp where the ears of the bunny. But when u touch the bunny, its pretty rough, not smooth like from those casting type.

What resolution u choose? Highest?

Lim pei repair own self hor. This separates boys fr men

Google n u jus ship parts and repair yourself

If you have the technical capability, then we all buy, you become service center ... [laugh]

• Praise 1

What resolution u choose? Highest?

I dont know. It is just some sample which he used to produce using the machine. He was still trying to fine tune it. That was about a year ago.

He has two machines there at his shop for demo n for him to play ard. If u are serious, can ask him show u.

Me not interested in such machines, I just want the end product. [grin] No need to get a cow just for the milk. [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1