Engine mounting

Zvicki

Neutral Newbie

Dear All,

workshop told me that I need to change engine mounting. and quota 1100SGD. Is that reasonable? Mechanics said it can be done by next service (dec'14). However the car is already 7 y/o, i would rather do it soooner than later if I have to do it eventually before 10 years

Any suggestion?

thank you

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The workshop wants to make you Mr. Robert and feed them with gold carrots. Look for a stockist, buy the engine mounts and get a reputable workshop to change it for you.

Google on what " engine mounts" are.

• Praise 2

The workshop wants to make you Mr. Robert and feed them with gold carrots. Look for a stockist, buy the engine mounts and get a reputable workshop to change it for you.

Google on what " engine mounts" are.

I agree with tommisan. 1100 for mounting is really chop carrot. Buy the parts from stockists and change in JB much cheaper. By the way, what kind of car you drive? Is it AD quote you 1100?

• Praise 2

what is the make of your car? if its Jap, its on the high side, for conti, guess its there abouts. Change the gear box mount as well, they usually come as a set, WS will tell u otherwise. Your friendly neighbouhood stockist will know. Cheers.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Dear All,

workshop told me that I need to change engine mounting. and quota 1100SGD. Is that reasonable? Mechanics said it can be done by next service (dec'14). However the car is already 7 y/o, i would rather do it soooner than later if I have to do it eventually before 10 years

Any suggestion?

thank you

You could check with another workshop for a 2nd opinion.

Btw, how this WS know your engine mount has to change?

• Praise 1

1.1k is confirm kena carrot!

Buy your own EM direct from distributors like min ghee.

Then hunt around for ws for labour.

The total costs for this route should be +/- $500.

U can try caltex braddel. I do my servicing & suspension & EM replacement there. No issues.

What is your car make & model ?

Not all cars have 3 EM. Some have 2 or even 4.

Dear All,

Any suggestion?

thank you

• Praise 1

Supercharged

may i ask,

does engine mounting has a lifespan?

when to know its time to change?

what are the tell signs?

• Praise 1

7 yrs ago around there.. mounting itself around 200-300 for common found japanese car.. labor wise got cheap got expensive.. but 1.1k is really too much unless u conti car or luxury brand..

then again if u drive good/luxury car, dun think u will post question here..

did your car vibrant alot when stopping at red light? if not, then save the money can keep on driving.. :D

• Praise 1

1.1k is confirm kena carrot!

Buy your own EM direct from distributors like min ghee.

Then hunt around for ws for labour.

The total costs for this route should be +/- $500.

U can try caltex braddel. I do my servicing & suspension & EM replacement there. No issues.

What is your car make & model ?

Not all cars have 3 EM. Some have 2 or even 4.

The Caltex Braddell workshop there can bring own stuffs n charge labour only? Pls pm me the contact, thks!

(edited)

may i ask,

what are the tell signs?

When you can feel the vibration when car is stationary with the engine on... it's likely engine mounting... hands on steering wheel would be able to feel it

Edited by Notsogoodman
  • Praise 2

may i ask,

what are the tell signs?

from what i read, it's about 100k-150k mileage and about 5-7 years.. high change is u need to change it at least once in the full 10 years old COE.. and if high usage probably twice but seldom hear that...

The Caltex Braddell workshop there can bring own stuffs n charge labour only? Pls pm me the contact, thks!

when u buy from stockist, u can ask them to recommend.. :)

sometimes u let the mechanic earn both part and labor will be cheaper than u buy part and let them fix..

I change b4 for altis. Parts cost 250plus and labour 120. Total less than 500. If TS car is 7 year old and want to drive to 10, should change. The vibration will get worst.

Guys, Kia Rio 05 1.4M..now at 120km

need mounting. Went to shop, not given quote yet as closing.. this car got 4 units. .may I know where to buy? Then go labour...read up about bros sharing stockist. . Not too sure what is that..

Appreciate your help..

Guys, Kia Rio 05 1.4M..now at 120km

need mounting. Went to shop, not given quote yet as closing.. this car got 4 units. .may I know where to buy? Then go labour...read up about bros sharing stockist. . Not too sure what is that..

Appreciate your help..

a stockist is one that sells spare parts for one or more brands. in your case, you may purchase engine mounting from a Kia stockist like Min Ghee Auto or Fong Tat Motor.