Low Depreciation

Ken1898

Base on current used car market, which car to drive (low depreciation) for around 2 years then scrap? Toyota Vios or Altis? Or?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

Base on current used car market, which car to drive (low depreciation) for around 2 years then scrap? Toyota Vios or Altis? Or?

Depend on whether buying from direct seller or agent

• Praise 2

that is why I prefer toyota over other brands even though most toyota models look dated [rolleyes]

If you are buying 2nd hand Toyota, don't expect low dep.... They mark it up like no tomorrow....Hehehe

• Praise 4

Just left 2yrs safer to get a Toyota.

Vios will depre at are 8-9k and Altis 9-10k.

+ points is reliability & Fuel efficient.

U will cover back the slightly Higher Depre!

And less downtime & inconveniences etc etc.

Get the Alfa if your remaining 1.5yrs u want to be Good Friends with your mechanic.

And not any workshops can troubleshoot Alfas. Just my 2cents advise.

Happy Hunting!

• Praise 2

Just left 2yrs safer to get a Toyota.

Vios will depre at are 8-9k and Altis 9-10k.

+ points is reliability & Fuel efficient.

U will cover back the slightly Higher Depre!

And less downtime & inconveniences etc etc.

Get the Alfa if your remaining 1.5yrs u want to be Good Friends with your mechanic.

And not any workshops can troubleshoot Alfas. Just my 2cents advise.

Happy Hunting!

Been driving an Alfa over 74,000km over 29months.

Downtime, 3 days over 29months.

Petrol @ 9-10km/l.

Wear & Tear maintenance, $3k per year.

Depreciations for Toyota/Alfa, higher cost for Toyota.

W&T, Alfa.

Sub Total : same cost at the end of the day.

Petrol is higher but depending how much you drive.

If only 20,000km per year, not much differences.

For me I did my maths, Alfa just cost only $2-3k per year more.

And I am covering 30,000km per year.

• Praise 2

(edited)

neither. want cheap get korean Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent ot as some bro pointed out - Lancer. Toyota is a PREMIUM brand in SG

want lagi cheap get a PRC car -_-

that is why I prefer toyota over other brands even though most toyota models look dated [rolleyes]

sorry hor. you buy dealer mark up. You sell toyota dealer will still give you shitty price lor [dizzy]

Edited by Othello

neither. want cheap get korean Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent ot as some bro pointed out - Lancer. Toyota is a PREMIUM brand in SG

want lagi cheap get a PRC car -_-

sorry hor. you buy dealer mark up. You sell toyota dealer will still give you shitty price lor [dizzy]

What u say is really true. My Altis was bought in October 2012 for 118K at 62K COE.

Now i go around asking at car showrooms, this is what the respective AD's trade in price for my car:

Volkswagen: 78K

Volvo: 79K

Kia: 82K

Lose 30K + minimum. SE still can tell you trade in price is a quotation, actual price might be lower subject to condition of the car.

Borneo motors sell high and other dealers all take in low. Then on the used car section you see similar cars for sale at 90k+.

No such thing as low depreciation for toyota. Its the dealers that are earning, the car owners losing.

• Praise 3

What u say is really true. My Altis was bought in October 2012 for 118K at 62K COE.

Now i go around asking at car showrooms, this is what the respective AD's trade in price for my car:

Lose 30K + minimum. SE still can tell you trade in price is a quotation, actual price might be lower subject to condition of the car.

Borneo motors sell high and other dealers all take in low. Then on the used car section you see similar cars for sale at 90k+.

No such thing as low depreciation for toyota. Its the dealers that are earning, the car owners losing.

in tat case u shld sell the car on your own.. no pt letting these dealers earn..

Btw, TS, i have a 15mth lancer to let go, subjected to me securing my coe by end July..

PM me for details if u interested..

• Praise 1

Tiagong the earlier Kia Rios are not that reliable. I think hyundai Accent or Lancer would be a better bet.

Anyway at around 8-10 yr mark even toyotas will have issues like CV joint leaking or AC spoil lah.

The lancer & toyota CVT transmissions should be quite reliable. Though i always prefer Auto.

Why not sell your own car. Though best choice for u is to keep your car. 2 yrs itchy fingers liao lol.

Tiagong the earlier Kia Rios are not that reliable. I think hyundai Accent or Lancer would be a better bet.

i tiagong a 2-year old accent which needed a gearbox overhaul.

in the early and mid 2000s, i guess the koreans didn't make cars which lasted...

in tat case u shld sell the car on your own.. no pt letting these dealers earn..

Btw, TS, i have a 15mth lancer to let go, subjected to me securing my coe by end July..

PM me for details if u interested..

i have decided to keep my car for another few more years n point changing to let the dealers earn.

Toyota cars are over-priced and borneo SE will tell you the price is worth it (thats what they told my old folks) ended up they bought it and regretting it.

In short Toyota Cars are not low depreciating.

Buyer also very funny, when direct owner selling their car; then they want dealer buy in pricing. How to work win win, no wonder dealer ALWAYS WINS.... Somehow buyers are asking for it!!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1