Xiaomi tablet lai lao..

Donut

Supercharged

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-xiaomi-sold-50000-units-mi-pad-china-under-four-minutes?utm_source=Xiaomi+Sold+50,000+Units+of+Mi+Pad+in+China+Under+Four+Minutes&utm_medium=widget&utm_campaign=yahootechnostorm

Xiaomi's first tablet, the Mi Pad is off to a good start in China; 50,000 units were sold out in less than four minutes. To be exact, Xiaomi states a timing of three minutes and 59 seconds!

It is no surprise that the tablet was an instant hit with consumers as the 16GB model is priced at 1499 yuan (approximately S$300) and the 64GB variant will cost 1699 yuan (approximately S$340).

Officially announced in May, the Mi Pad runs on NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor and sports a 7.9-inch display with a resolution that matches the second generation Apple iPad Mini. Other specs of the Mi Pad include 2GB RAM, 16 or 64GB storage capacity, microSD expansion up to 128GB and a 6,700mAh battery.

The Mi Pad will be available in Singapore although Xiaomi has no specific time frame or price estimate at the moment. For more information on the Mi Pad, do check out our hands-on article here.

Source: MIUI Forum Thread

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

So hard to buy their products. Flash sales work until a certain point.

The majority of consumers won't have the time and patience for flash sale just for a simple electronic item.

I mean having OOS for a stupid power bank. Might as well don't tell me the product exists.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

i still cannot understand the hype behind the Xiaomi and Redmi.

the specifications are pretty low. comparable to the lower end models on the market.

what makes Xiaomi and Redmi so special?

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

The majority of consumers won't have the time and patience for flash sale just for a simple electronic item.

I mean having OOS for a stupid power bank. Might as well don't tell me the product exists.

just like many ppl say go hawker centre see the longest queue sure good................actually many stalls with long queue are because inside very slow............

there was a stall in jurong west used to sell duck rice...............they will let the queue build up until about 10 than start chopping the duck................giving ppl the impression long queue must be good............but after a while nobody want to queue liao............. [laugh] [laugh]

This strategy is call 吊你胃口 :D

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

the specifications are pretty low. comparable to the lower end models on the market.

Price?

The price for the specs offered is really value for money.

4th Gear

I managed to buy 2 powerbanks last week and ordered another 2 earphones today........really diff to buy their stuff online though....... [sweatdrop]

Hypersonic

This strategy is call 吊你胃口 :D

I know. But it's counter productive.

Most adults like us who are not short of money won't purposely queue to buy something unless it's really a global worldwide 1st time launch like iphone or ipad.

• Praise 2

4th Gear

Most adults like us who are not short of money won't purposely queue to buy something unless it's really a global worldwide 1st time launch like iphone or ipad.

not all like you mah, bro.......... [smallcry]

Hypersonic

not all like you mah, bro.......... [smallcry]

i talking about small items mah. not big items leh. 13 dollar powerbank also try to generate hype meh.

Ok lor. i buy the 14.90 one on qoo10 lor.

Errr,,,, wat's the big deal with this brand? just buy other branded last generation stuff should be on par with spec and price

4th Gear

i talking about small items mah. not big items leh. 13 dollar powerbank also try to generate hype meh.

Ok lor. i buy the 14.90 one on qoo10 lor.

qoo100 got 11.99 with free gifts......after all charges included comes to about $20.........only not sure if it's the same quality boh......... [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

marketing hype

Thats the thing. They are following Apple's Hunger Marketing tactics.

This type of marketing started off by the Iphone and Ipad craze and hence, the china makers are copying this tactic.

So far its working.

Also this is also due to the fact that the resale market have alot of these resellers selling the products with marked up price which causes more people buying all the stocks in hopes of making a quick buck.... hence creating a vicious cycle.

Greed knows no bounds.... [shakehead]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

I was surprise that mcf got so many people anti China and their product. But now crazy about this Xiaomi phone....

• Praise 2