Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet

So_nice

With the Coe of the current car ending in 2016, I'm looking to change to another car..

Any fiat bravo t-jet owners can shed some reviews and it's cost of maintenance for this car? I'm looking at the auto + panoramic roof version..thanks!

↡ Advertisement

With the Coe of the current car ending in 2016, I'm looking to change to another car..

Any fiat bravo t-jet owners can shed some reviews and it's cost of maintenance for this car? I'm looking at the auto + panoramic roof version..thanks!

cost is acceptable if you dont go back to the authorised dealer for servicing after the complimentary servicing

parts cost more than Jap cars but its normal for conti

just buy parts from stockist and find your own mechanic ... but not many know how to service bravo

• Praise 1

(+)

Bravo is a very well rounded car, if you are looking at the 120bhp Auto Tjet version.

Pick up is good, Fuel consumption is not bad. (Few of my friends driving Bravo have achieved about 14km/l, with heavy footed driving)

Using the platform of Fiat Stilo, Fiat Bravo performs relatively well in corners and tight space (Can be further enhanced with strut bars).

Italian cars always invite "stares", in a good way.

You will be consumed by the Italia passion.

(-)

As usual, Fiats are quirkys piece (with unique tantrum for sensors, electrical and oil leaks), however with patience, it can be overcomed.

Be prepared to spend a bit to fix it up, if you are buying second hand.

Local agents and stockist are not afraid to make money from you on the parts and labour. This can be offset by ordering overseas and paying a labour to the workshop here.

Limited workshop to service this hatch.

Summary:

I will get it for the drive feel, uniqueness and style. On the hindsight, be prepared for the quirkyness.

• Praise 2

nice looking car and comparatively fast...depending what car u changing from...

Changing from a vios bro.

(+)

Bravo is a very well rounded car, if you are looking at the 120bhp Auto Tjet version.

Pick up is good, Fuel consumption is not bad. (Few of my friends driving Bravo have achieved about 14km/l, with heavy footed driving)

Using the platform of Fiat Stilo, Fiat Bravo performs relatively well in corners and tight space (Can be further enhanced with strut bars).

Italian cars always invite "stares", in a good way.

You will be consumed by the Italia passion.

(-)

As usual, Fiats are quirkys piece (with unique tantrum for sensors, electrical and oil leaks), however with patience, it can be overcomed.

Be prepared to spend a bit to fix it up, if you are buying second hand.

Local agents and stockist are not afraid to make money from you on the parts and labour. This can be offset by ordering overseas and paying a labour to the workshop here.

Limited workshop to service this hatch.

Summary:

I will get it for the drive feel, uniqueness and style. On the hindsight, be prepared for the quirkyness.

Erm..so it's quite true about electrical problems? One of my colleagues' told me his bro in-law sold it off due to electric problems.

cost is acceptable if you dont go back to the authorised dealer for servicing after the complimentary servicing

parts cost more than Jap cars but its normal for conti

just buy parts from stockist and find your own mechanic ... but not many know how to service bravo

Hmm..like tat got limited choice of workshop to go if I wanna fix up the car..

Don't worry... :)

1. Change the battery once a year.
  2. Take good care of your selespeed gearbox.
  3. The rest will be pretty ok!

Is a fun car!!

Italia....

Passion from your heart to your head to your car!!

Erm..so it's quite true about electrical problems? One of my colleagues' told me his bro in-law sold it off due to electric problems.

• Praise 1

confirm faster...all the best bro!

• Praise 1

Hi,

a bravo owner here. not a common car, but the drive puts a smile to my face.

it does have its hiccups here and there, but its an Italian! It sometimes craves for your attention.

Besides that most problem so far is due to weak battery. Other issues, regular servicing should do the trick.

We have quite a close group of fellow Bravo drivers althou small, but we share readily on where to go for servicing or buying for parts.

But your choice to buy or not ... :)

• Praise 1

Hi,

a bravo owner here. not a common car, but the drive puts a smile to my face.

it does have its hiccups here and there, but its an Italian! It sometimes craves for your attention.

Besides that most problem so far is due to weak battery. Other issues, regular servicing should do the trick.

We have quite a close group of fellow Bravo drivers althou small, but we share readily on where to go for servicing or buying for parts.

But your choice to buy or not ... :)

I just saw a yummy one on sgcarmart...so coincidently my fren is the dealer! Tmr go discuss wif him :D

hi guys,

my coe ending soon and im considering between fiat bravo 1.4A t jet and Opel Astra 1.4 turbo.

what are your feedbacks with regards to reliablilty, performance and maintainance between these 2 models?

cant find any reviews on the astra though.

any inputs are most welcome.

thanks!

• Praise 1

Seat on my friend's pre-owned bravo tjet before.

The transmission is a tad lethargic and the car doesn't punch through the roads like a normal turbo car. Perhaps it's due to the weight or poorly maintain transmission.

One thing I notice is the ultra noisy road noise but I suspect it's the tires.

Otherwise it's a nice spacious ride..

Seat on my friend's pre-owned bravo tjet before.

The transmission is a tad lethargic and the car doesn't punch through the roads like a normal turbo car. Perhaps it's due to the weight or poorly maintain transmission.

One thing I notice is the ultra noisy road noise but I suspect it's the tires.

Otherwise it's a nice spacious ride..

Is your friend's ride a manual or auto transmission?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1