Are you proud of our imported sporting heroes?

Little_prince

PM LEE DELETES SINGAPOREANS' FACEBOOK COMMENTS ABOUT IMPORTED TABLE TENNIS TALENTS
Post date:
29 Jul 2014 - 2:56pm
comments%20missing.png?itok=2YXn4KS5

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong shared a photo of Singapore's Table tennis teams at the Commonwealth Games on his Facebook page and wrote that both the men's and women's teams had won gold.

Singaporeans quickly took to the photo and commented how there were no Singaporeans in the photo and how they were not proud of having "bought" these gold medals.

However, despite the comments not making any personal attacks or being derogatory, the comments were promptly deleted by PM Lee's Facebook admins.

In fact, they went into overdrive in comment deleting that the photo has not got a single comment, over 2 hours after it was posted.

Meanwhile, Singaporeans have shared with us some of the comments that they had left:

mJFzGIT.png

DYmSXQ7.png

However, 1 hour later all the comments miraculously disappeared. Because all the comments were deemed "negative" by PM Lee, there are actually no comments left on the wall of PM Lee's FB page after 2 hours. Most of these comments are simply making observations and yet they were also quickly deleted:

9FcnZwe.png

One netizen wrote out his genuine thoughts on the "Singaporean" table tennis teams but even these valid and rational concerns were promptly deleted or hidden.

While it can be understood that comments containing personal attacks or otherwise highly inflammatory comments are deleted by PM Lee's Facebook admins, what message does it send when even rational concerns are deleted?

How many of these comments and concerns are actually read by PM Lee before they are removed by his admins? Do you want a leader that does not listen to the people and only reads the "right things" that are fed to him by his loyal followers?

This type of comment filtering leads to a very scary situation where the ones in charge of running the country are disconnected with the average citizen and worse still, the top do not even know that there is a disconnect.

Have you tried commenting on this facebook photo? See how long your comment can last and share with us below what you had written before it was deleted.

PM Lee's original post can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/leehsienloong/photos/a.749833571746018.10737419...

UPDATE: We have been informed by readers that PM Lee has stopped deleting Singaporeans' Facebook comments already due to the overwhelming number of negative responses on his wall directed from this TRS article. Some of the comments that got "deleted" earlier were also being "unhidden" already.

I for one, am not.

uniquely singapore. only we can outsource our sporting heroes. lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

I for one, am not.

uniquely singapore. only we can outsource our sporting heroes. lol

Some unconnected random ramblings,

1. I recently started a thread http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695439-singapore-and-sports-what-can-be-done/ about Singapore and the support for sport taking a slightly different approach

2. I wrote a blog post looking at support for sport in Singapore and Facebook - did you know that the top two (sports facebook) pages in Singapore are Man U and Liverpool (cf NZ where the first non New Zealand TEAM is found at number 12)

3. I was rather surprised that Lee Hsien Loong is "allowed" to give away National Day Tickets via his PERSONAL fanpage (as opposed to an official govt page)

4. As a rule - when I manage facebook pages I will not delete negative comments (but will delete foul language, hate speech or posts I deem inflammatory and unhelpful)

5. I won't comment on the idea of importing talent to win medals, this will be seen by some as inappropriate and inflammatory so I'll keep my thoughts to myself

Hypersonic

There's more glory to losing as a true blue Singaporean than winning it with 'bought' professionals.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

We have stoop to a level that we can trade anything to achieve instant gains or glory.

Where are the right values we have been brought up with?

We would rather do without these winnings.

宁在直中取 , 不在曲中求.

BTW, do they know how to sing Majulah Singapura when our flag was raised during the medal presentation ceremony?

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

What's there to be proud of?

Said it before, i rather lose with true blue Singaporeans than win with imported "talents".

thumbs_down_gladiator.gif

OUTCRY OV
ER FENG TIANWEI THROWING FLOWERS AT PRC FANS AFTER HER WIN AT OLYMPICS
Post date:
2 Aug 2012 - 1:45pm
fengchina.gif?itok=sp5R7EZT

A massive outcry has erupted in cyberspace over China-born Feng Tianwei throwing flowers at PRC fans cheering for her after her victory over Japan’s Kasumi Ishikawa
Feng Tianwei won the game 4-0 in the women’s singles table tennis match to clinch the bronze on Wednesday.
Throughout the match, PRC fans waving the Chinaflag could be seen on screen screaming their support for her. The Heilongjiang native only ‘became’ a Singaporean ‘citizen’ in 2007.
Though she is now a ‘Singaporean’, it is pretty obvious that Feng is still a PRC at heart, judging from her reaction which left the Singaporean fans stunned
Some responses from Hardwarezone forumers:
“Did i see wrongly?? Feng tian wei followed ding ning andli xiaoxia throwing flowers to the CHINA audiences??” – Mystic321
“China just plus one additional bronze medal.” – haoren
“China is where the heart belong to!!” – crazyliao
“It is sad that sports, supposedly tounite a country has divided Singapore so much.” – Carnage
Despite the propaganda spewed forth daily by the state media to ‘celebrate’ Feng’s medal, it appears that only PAP leaders and their faithful servants are rejoicing over her victory, a misplaced ‘joy’ which is hardly shared by the rest of the nation.

that's how they repay us lor

even when they win. their first loyalty is to china.

really pui chao nua

We have stoop to a level that we can trade anything to achieve instant surface gains or glory.

Where are the right values we have been brought up with?

We would rather do without these winnings.

宁在直中取 , 不在曲中求.

BTW, do they know how to sing Majulah Singapura when our flag was raised during the medal presentation ceremony?

and don't forget.

they come to singapore not because they love us. of have a affinity to us.

but only because they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEIR OWN CUNTRY!!!

Turbocharged

I was watching the games on octo when TT came on. When i realised its fts playing for us, i switched channels, not a care in the world if they won or lost. That's how much passion it extinguished in me.