The COMCAST REP that never gave up...well, almost!

RadX

This is unbelievable! In sg, when i call any of he 3, if beyond a minute, i ask them 'which part do you not understand?'

But 8 minutes?? walau

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/28/5936959/comcast-confessions-when-every-call-is-a-sales-call

The audiolink here....have your dinner and listen. Dun choke tho...hahaha

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-block-10/comcastic-service

↡ Advertisement

Wahlanz I cannot tahan. f**k companies that try to pull this kinda shit.

tell me abt it. I know the 3 telcos here have toned down once you up your tone a bit. I always apologise to them (the operators) cos i know it is their job but to also respect the wishes of the customer.

Amicable parting at the end normally so i try to understand that they are fronting the barrage and they have instructions too.

This bloke however, act like he the CEO of the co man...hahahha

Wah piang, how can anyone even tolerate a min of this annoying rep?

As if Mr Block owes the rep a living. LoL... Something is indeed very wrong with thie department.

This kinda sales tactic will just end the company even sooner. I wonder who's the supervisor behind this crap?

Hypersonic

Heard the audio a few weeks ago. Damn persistent. I think if the caller did not record it, he would have scolded the person jialat jialat. I know I would.

(edited)

Singtel kena piak by my company many many times due to problems after we upgraded to 100mbps business plan. Until the point where we now don't have to call their hotline anymore, we got direct line to some higher level customer relations people and if there are any issues they will scramble techs to come down immediately.

But this is only after we shot emails direct to the CEO Bill Chang and got our case escalated. We also keep records and time logs of every phone call and every time their technicians come to our office and what is said.

Edited by Myxilplix

Turbocharged

You got to give credit to the comcast guy for being so persistent for his company. Although he probably tried too hard, you surely can't find such dedication and loyalty anywhere!

To be fair, it is not easy to be persistent in such situation. It is far more easier to just give up after 2 minutes.

• Praise 1

(edited)

You got to give credit to the comcast guy for being so persistent for his company. Although he probably tried too hard, you surely can't find such dedication and loyalty anywhere!

To be fair, it is not easy to be persistent in such situation. It is far more easier to just give up after 2 minutes.

It has less to do with dedication and loyalty to comcast and more to do with the fact that their bonus is directly determined by their ability to retain customers. Dissuading customers who initially want to terminate is profitable for the operator. In fact someone who loses too many clients may be fired. Lots of comments from supposed customer service insiders in the US cable and ISP industries have confirmed this. In fact since there's so much real (not fake like here) competition there in between cable providers, apparently a very good way to get free extra channels like sports package is to threaten to discontinue the service. The operator who takes the call would often be so desperate to persuade the client to stay that they would start offering free premium channels. :D Edited by Turboflat4

Turbocharged
(edited)

It has less to do with dedication and loyalty to comcast and more to do with the fact that their bonus is directly determined by their ability to retain customers. :D

of course, it is KPI driven, but in that kind of situation, I am not sure how many service reps would still want to think of their KPI when they get continuous cold shower from the customer.

So I would like think it is beyond KPI already unless he is just one customer away from being fired!

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement