Rim recommendation for new harrier

beef331994

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to cars and am looking for some help from all you professionals in this forum. I apologize in advance if I ask stupid questions.

Recently me and my dad decided to purchase the harrier as a family car and we would be interested to change a set of rims. My current set is 17 inch, 225/65/R17. I have a couple of questions I hope you guys could help me answer.

What is the maximum rim size I can upsize to?

What is the recommended size I upsize to?

I checked the calculator for the tire size if I actually upsize to 19 inch, is the calculator reliable?

What are good rim colors to fit the pearl white harrier?

What brands do you guys recommend? From what I read, ppl recommend bbs, enkei, rays, vossen etc. they also said some brands like ssw are not reliable because of the way they are made?

May I know how much would my rims and tires be worth if I trade them in immediately when I get the car?

Lastly, may I know where is good to check out rims? I really want to see the rays(volks) but I would love to see a wide variety at awesome prices.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and sorry for asking so many questions.

↡ Advertisement

I believe your car can go higher than 19 inch.

I am running 19" Advan on my car and I love them to the bits,

Anyway go to the shops and ask the boss, trade in price don't expect too much.

You can try leong Seng, soh bros, poh heng , altc tyres, hurry tyres etc. these are the ones i go often.

I believe your car can go higher than 19 inch.

I am running 19" Advan on my car and I love them to the bits,

Anyway go to the shops and ask the boss, trade in price don't expect too much.

You can try leong Seng, soh bros, poh heng , altc tyres, hurry tyres etc. these are the ones i go often.

Hi, thanks for the help. I believe the tyres for bigger size rims are more expensive so I hope not to incur more cost over the long run. I believe this upgrade is mainly aesthetics

For Pearl white - i prefer shiny chrome wheels.

For SUV - upgrade to 20 inch at least (but in my opinion, better just keep stock, as original wheels is proven to be used for the car, more reliable..)

Regarding trade in - i think at least can fetch 1K (ie $250 each) if very new <100km used. You can gauge by how much they sell similar rims as yours. I think there is some demand for original japanese rims.

Have changed at Leong Seng before and also that shops at Kaki Bukit 2-3 shops there, can try the one near the gantry/exit.

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to cars and am looking for some help from all you professionals in this forum. I apologize in advance if I ask stupid questions.

Recently me and my dad decided to purchase the harrier as a family car and we would be interested to change a set of rims. My current set is 17 inch, 225/65/R17. I have a couple of questions I hope you guys could help me answer.

What is the maximum rim size I can upsize to?

What is the recommended size I upsize to?

I checked the calculator for the tire size if I actually upsize to 19 inch, is the calculator reliable?

What are good rim colors to fit the pearl white harrier?

What brands do you guys recommend? From what I read, ppl recommend bbs, enkei, rays, vossen etc. they also said some brands like ssw are not reliable because of the way they are made?

May I know how much would my rims and tires be worth if I trade them in immediately when I get the car?

Lastly, may I know where is good to check out rims? I really want to see the rays(volks) but I would love to see a wide variety at awesome prices.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and sorry for asking so many questions.

if upszie to 19", choose 225/55/R19 or 235/50/R19,

black color is better for pearl white, recommend rim enkei, actually you will not or rare bring SUV to off-road, you will not feel any different of rim reliable, but enkei lighter give better F/C,

Edited by Quantum

Hi quantum,

Thanks for your recommendation. I understand enkei rims are one of the best in japan and are looking into them, I understand that only some of their rims are made in japan. Are all their rims light? Even the non Japanese made ones? And can I also say the same for advanti as it has the same manufacturing process as enkei?

For Pearl white - i prefer shiny chrome wheels.

For SUV - upgrade to 20 inch at least (but in my opinion, better just keep stock, as original wheels is proven to be used for the car, more reliable..)

Regarding trade in - i think at least can fetch 1K (ie $250 each) if very new <100km used. You can gauge by how much they sell similar rims as yours. I think there is some demand for original japanese rims.

Have changed at Leong Seng before and also that shops at Kaki Bukit 2-3 shops there, can try the one near the gantry/exit.

Hi,

I was thinking along the same lines. Assuming my wheels are made in japan, why should I downgrade to something that is non Japanese made. If I cannot find a good set of rims that are at least Japanese I don't think I might change. But I've heard, there are brands like advanti that perform well even though they are not Japanese.

Also I've been quoted less than 1k from LS, yhi tell me they don't really want to take in rims and tyres

Thanks for your help

Stick with the original rims if you don't want to incur most costs.

Hi, thanks for the help. I believe the tyres for bigger size rims are more expensive so I hope not to incur more cost over the long run. I believe this upgrade is mainly aesthetics

• Praise 3

The price of tyres goes up significantly with 18" and above.

Increase:

Tyre cost

FC

Handling

Decrease:

Comfort

I recommend 18 inch 235/55/18 or 235/60/18 (more variety )

19 inch 235/55/19

the Rav4 pcd and center hole same as your harrier

But better put on and make full left or right turning , it may rub the inner body (fornt)

may be seller can provide more info so I can help better info

I recommend 18 inch 235/55/18 or 235/60/18 (more variety )

19 inch 235/55/19

the Rav4 pcd and center hole same as your harrier

But better put on and make full left or right turning , it may rub the inner body (fornt)

may be seller can provide more info so I can help better info

Recently went down to Leong Seng to view new rims, quite a lot of designs and if ordered from Japan, will take less than a month to come in. Btw, I booked the Harrier as well but expected delivery in Feb 15, hence still have time to check around. Cheers.

Recently went down to Leong Seng to view new rims, quite a lot of designs and if ordered from Japan, will take less than a month to come in. Btw, I booked the Harrier as well but expected delivery in Feb 15, hence still have time to check around. Cheers.

Wah so long? You are a patient person. I cannot wait la. Sept delivery

have a set of 19 with relatively fresh rubbers.

currently on a rav4 .

vehicle going to be scraped soon

pcd should be the same your harrier

message me at 97689628 if u're keen.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18755147/Photo%2025-8-14%2010%2051%2018.jpg

Those are some nice fabulous rims, however I'm looking more into matte graphite/gun metal grey rims.

Thank you for offering still!

Wahlao, wait more than half year, till that time price maybe drop Liao how?

Will Dealer refund the difference?

from mining to smelting to machining to assambly half year also finish :D

Edited by Quantum

haha true true. Most dealers running out on colors and options now. and i think dealer probably offer 14+k for the feb collection but even then, price might drop drastically by feb

haha true true. Most dealers running out on colors and options now. and i think dealer probably offer 14+k for the feb collection but even then, price might drop drastically by feb

your are patient [thumbsup] since you have to wait so long

why not you ask the car seller install the Toyota original rim from Toyota factory.

don't trust what is install locally from any dealer unless you know how to see the rim is original or not

so far I know some Toyota (from Boneo)the rim is also not original from Toyota Factory. [thumbsdown]

when you ask the Sales guy everything they also said is Original ( see the rim center cap with CAR emblem [laugh] )

I m not worry if COE price drop by the time the car come in as there is a rebate at 57k, if the price goes up, i m also not worry as its guaranteed. My is the Nov production, estimate to reach sg and clear lta by mid feb, hopefully in time for CNY.

Also, I m ok with the 18" premium rim that come with the Harrier, just sourcing around so that my car do not look the same as others.

↡ Advertisement