Cyclists kena summon (bedok/sportshub)

RadX

ho boy. Here we go again

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/think-youve-seen-it-all-cyclists-kena-saman-for-illegal-cycling

Think you've seen it all? Cyclists 'kena saman' for illegal cycling
Posted on 22 August 2014 | 8,417 views | 24 comments
BedokCycle_0.jpg
PHOTO: East Coast Town Council Facebook page

Some cyclists were caught by the for illegal cycling in the town centre, according to a Facebook post of the East Coast Town Council.

Although it is unclear where the raid took place, many Facebook users have speculated that the event took place in Bedok.

Many users have expressed concerns that they are unaware that cycling in the town centre is against regulations.

"I will dismount and push my bike within the town center, there are quite a few banner and signboard at the town center to warn cyclist the danger of cycling within the town center," said a Facebook user, Desmond.

"I also saw quite a fair bit of accidents due to cycling within the town center, which is quite dangerous as some involve elderly and young kids," he further added.

And:

Cycling woes: No place to park bicycles at Sports Hub; cyclist gets warning letter
PUBLISHED ON AUG 23, 2014 7:45 AM
35 150 0 0PRINTEMAIL
ST_20140823_DABIKE22_603022e.jpg
Mr Relucio holding up the warning letter that was taped to his bicycle on Wednesday night. The retail worker had chained his bicycle to a carpark railing at the Sports Hub because no bicycle rack was available. -- ST PHOTO: DANSON CHEONG

BY DANSON CHEONG

When the $1.33 billion Sports Hub opened in June, it came with world-class facilities such as an aquatic centre, a sports arena and a 55,000-seat stadium.

But not a single bike rack.

Just ask cyclist John Paul Relucio, who has been cycling to the Sports Hub for work since the start of the month and was warned when he tried to park his bike there.

On Wednesday, the 28-year-old retail worker found a warning note taped to his bike, which was chained to a carpark railing at the Sports Hub.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/cycling-woes-no-place-park-bicycles-sports-hub-cyclist-g#sthash.aC8AeZjL.dpuf

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

The funny thing is why do cyclists want to cycle where places are crowded with ppl?

Oh nevermind, I forgot this is selfish Sgp.

because it's always someone else's fault.

took a crap only to realise to no toilet paper?

"oi knn why the cleaner never do his job and refill the toilet rolls? if he refill then i won't have this problem liao"

Edited by Eighttales
  • Praise 3

If really want to enforce this cyclist saman rules, please ask them to station at zebra crossing and catch those who never dismount and cross the filter lane.. Super piss off with those who just cycle across the zebra crossing without even checking like their father road

• Praise 11

got balls go and summon those angmo who think they are in tour de france,

Not just Angmo. Some idiot locals as well. There's one that likes to cycle on a recumbent bike near my house going so damn fast and with almost zero maneuverability. Looks like this but slightly taller:

159439_f520.jpg

Accident waiting to happen.

Selective literacy perhaps ?

If really want to enforce this cyclist saman rules, please ask them to station at zebra crossing and catch those who never dismount and cross the filter lane.. Super piss off with those who just cycle across the zebra crossing without even checking like their father road

I suggest to station at the pedestrian crossing near schools during peak school going human traffic - instant awareness to the masses.

Edited by Kklee

Hypersonic

Sorry no balls. Locals only <_<

• Praise 5

Many cyclists have this mentality that everyone must make way to them. Cars or pedestrians, doesn't matter, all must make way. Traffic rule, don't feel like it, don't follow. Cycle past red light, against traffic, all kinds of stunts.

• Praise 5

Not just Angmo. Some idiot locals as well. There's one that likes to cycle on a recumbent bike near my house going so damn fast and with almost zero maneuverability. Looks like this but slightly taller:

159439_f520.jpg

this one jin satki, can cycle under truck

this one jin satki, can cycle under truck

His is taller. About the same height as a normal bike but same riding position.

Hypersonic

eh...the summon lady on the right quite chio leh.

quick,inform uncle Soya. [bounce1]

Either the picture you see is different from the one I saw or you can see through the censor :o[sly]

Either the picture you see is different from the one I saw or you can see through the censor :o[sly]

here chio. :mellow:

post-91387-0-40718100-1408764470.jpg

Edited by Gitanic

Twincharged

How to summon if they never break the law? Cycling on the footpaths is illegal. Cycling 2 abreast on the left lane isn't.

159439_f520.jpg

This one usually they will put a flag so that they are more visible right? Seen some on the roads and most have flags so quite easy to spot them. They attract more attention also.

How to summon if they never break the law? Cycling on the footpaths is illegal. Cycling 2 abreast on the left lane isn't.

aiyo, need to pant on the wall meh.

see how they hog the whole L lane even though there are only 2 cyclists. Chiong red light that one say until cow comes home liao

↡ Advertisement