Toyota SKB2524 - I Salute You!

Pusiwagon

Shout out to the driver of Toyota SKB2524 - thanks sir, and I am very grateful to you for your kind act.

Was returning to Spore via Tuas yesterday afternoon at 4:30pm, and the Malaysian Customs was jammed packed with the line of cars almost reaching the last toll station. I followed a line of cars and turns out that the line merges with another line of cars as we approach the immigation counters. All the cars were rushing and driving dangerously to try to close gaps etc and basically not let anyone in, rather than allowing one car from each lane to merge alternatively - so much for human graciousness I thought at that time. I even witnessed some near accidents on account of the kiasu-ness.

When my "turn" came, I signalled and just waited for a gap. 6 cars accelerated and jerked their way past me just to prevent me from coming in. To the driver of SKB2524, thanks for your kind act of holding back to allow me into the line. You truely display the graciousness that so many of us lack in the modern society now.

If anyone knows this driver, pls convey my thanks (in addition to my thumbs up and wave at that point in time).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 17
  • Dislike 1

Sometime it just take both way to show some graciousness. Usually if the other party is polite to signal with enough advance notice....I will be more than willing to give way ....if the fellow take for granted....sorry...no way...go behind me...

• Praise 3

Sometimes gracious driving will help to speed things up. If everybody tries to close the gap not allowing other cars in, you are actually slowing things down for yourself too because nobody can actually move.

Give way a bit and life will be more bearable.

• Praise 1

Good to see a kind soul once awhile in our hectic rush world :)

You give a bit, I give a bit, and everyone can move faster, and happier :)

What a wonderful world :))

• Praise 1

I always find this kind of behaviour quite ridiculous.

I can understand it if there is somebody changing lanes just to cut the queue in front - these types should not be welcomed.

But when the "cutting in" is due to merging of lanes - then it is not the driver's fault for having to join up. In such case, I wonder about people's mentality in trying to block such "genuine cases".

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Shout out to the driver of Toyota SKB2524 - thanks sir, and I am very grateful to you for your kind act.

Was returning to Spore via Tuas yesterday afternoon at 4:30pm, and the Malaysian Customs was jammed packed with the line of cars almost reaching the last toll station. I followed a line of cars and turns out that the line merges with another line of cars as we approach the immigation counters. All the cars were rushing and driving dangerously to try to close gaps etc and basically not let anyone in, rather than allowing one car from each lane to merge alternatively - so much for human graciousness I thought at that time. I even witnessed some near accidents on account of the kiasu-ness.

When my "turn" came, I signalled and just waited for a gap. 6 cars accelerated and jerked their way past me just to prevent me from coming in. To the driver of SKB2524, thanks for your kind act of holding back to allow me into the line. You truely display the graciousness that so many of us lack in the modern society now.

If anyone knows this driver, pls convey my thanks (in addition to my thumbs up and wave at that point in time).

We definitely need more threads like this instead of the usual bashing ones. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I'm that type of driver who gives way when the other car signals but not to those who chiong and try to cut queue.

Don't pray pray I have the MCF decal on my back windscreen hor

i wonder if SBF also have decal, so all the tikos can identify each other on the road ...

food for thought!

lol

• Praise 1

The "merging" lanes at the customs are damn stupid. Someone needs to draw some lines on the road so people will know which are actual lanes.

I gave up signalling in Singapore. You signal, they speed up..... worse cause of the make of car I am driving....

When people give way to me, I will thumb up and wave like Miss Universe......WORLD PEACE

Sometime it just take both way to show some graciousness. Usually if the other party is polite to signal with enough advance notice....I will be more than willing to give way ....if the fellow take for granted....sorry...no way...go behind me...

But em a gallon of Plastidip to redraw the lines....

The "merging" lanes at the customs are damn stupid. Someone needs to draw some lines on the road so people will know which are actual lanes.

Yes I think we need more of this kind of encouragement instead of those bad drivers being posted here and giving tp a chance to fine them. Hopefully MCF will post more of this kind of thread and will turn bad drivers into good ones and tp can be more lenient instead of just fine and more fine on bad drivers

• Praise 1

I gave up signalling in Singapore. You signal, they speed up..... worse cause of the make of car I am driving....

When people give way to me, I will thumb up and wave like Miss Universe......WORLD PEACE

But em a gallon of Plastidip to redraw the lines....

Sometimes I signal just to observe how long it takes for someone to give way on a congested road.

• Dislike 1

I'm that type of driver who gives way when the other car signals but not to those who chiong and try to cut queue.

Don't pray pray I have the MCF decal on my back windscreen hor

i do ease off on the gas pedal whenever cars up front signals to change lane. but i have about 5-7 seconds of buffer before my patience runs out. some drivers are super indecisive about it, ai mai ai mai...

• Praise 5

Agree. So much so that there are times I slow down let ppl pass they hesitate.. Then I wave them by then they realise. Quite sad actually as this kind of giving way culture provided the other driver does his part early should be the norm as opposed to the exception.

Anyway kudos and we do out part too

• Praise 3

Agree. So much so that there are times I slow down let ppl pass they hesitate.. Then I wave them by then they realise. Quite sad actually as this kind of giving way culture provided the other driver does his part early should be the norm as opposed to the exception.

Anyway kudos and we do out part too

the best is when give way .. and the other guy has a shocked look on his face. that one always gets me hahah ... they are always like ... why he give way one ?? [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement