SG causeway toll to increase 5-fold on 1-Oct-2014

bellboy

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/lta-announces-toll-hike/1359138.html

SINGAPORE: The Land Transport Authority announced Friday (Sep 12) that it will increase toll charges for all vehicles, except motorcycles, leaving Singapore through the Causeway from Oct 1. There will also be a new toll charge introduced for vehicles, except motorcycles, entering Singapore.

Tolls for vehicles leaving Singapore will be tripled across the board. According to a press release, the current toll for cars will rise from S$1.20 to S$3.80 while vans and light goods vehicles will see a hike from S$1.90 to S$5.80. Taxis and buses will see increases from S$0.60 and S$1 to S$1.90 and S$3.10, respectively.

singapore-causeway-toll-data.jpg

For foreign-registered cars, Singapore’s Causeway entry toll for those travelling from Johor, will be recorded in LTA's toll system and displayed to motorists upon entry into Singapore. Payment will be deducted only upon motorists leaving Singapore, whether through the Causeway or Second Link; and together with the exit toll, Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee and Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) charges if any.

This will be the same as the existing practice for the Second Link entry toll, LTA added.

For all other vehicles that do not pay VEP fees - that is all Singapore-registered vehicles and foreign-registered goods vehicles, buses and taxis - they will pay their Causeway entry toll upon entering Singapore and their exit toll upon leaving Singapore. Again, this will be the same as the existing practice for the Second Link tolls, LTA stated.

"Singapore will follow suit should Malaysia reduce or do away with the toll charges," the agency added.

Senior Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo had said in Parliament on Tuesday that Singapore's Causeway toll charges would be revised to match those by Malaysia "in due course".

On Aug 1, Singapore had raised the VEP fees for foreign-registered cars from S$20 to S$35 per day, and the Goods Vehicle Permit from S$10 to S$40 per calendar month. Malaysia's government also raised toll charges that same day by more than 400 per cent.
toll-data.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

By right, more charges to come end of the year when Malaysia implements VEP on foreign vehicle entry.

But I think they will not dare implement VEP.

In fact, they will likely decrease their toll charges very soon to stem the decrease of SG consumption.

Edited by bellboy
  • Praise 1

knn bolehland act smart wanna kill sillyporean, end up all kena kill.

Too early to say..... Next, MY side increase to RM100 then you see how it will affect SG. SG lan lan also follow suit. What's the consequence? To Malaysia, at most Johor slump nia nia. To us, whole SG is affected. All fresh products from MY double overnight.

Song bo.....

• Praise 2

when 2 clowns playing around, the commoners tio.

they suka suka raise and raise , then I suggest bomb that damn bridge away lah...so troublesome for what.
now make until those using the bridge headache.

stop all import from Malaysia..like that I say they gurang. now playing small kid game.

I dun friend you , you dun fren me...

• Praise 2

So LTA post a challenge to Malaysia.

If Malaysia waive off all toll charges, Singapore will follow too?

"Singapore will follow suit should Malaysia reduce or do away with the toll charges," the agency added.

• Praise 1

So LTA post a challenge to Malaysia.

If Malaysia waive off all toll charges, Singapore will follow too?

the possibility is very low, if Malaysia waive off, it means Malaysia ball-less and no face

the bigger consequences for Malaysia if they back off means, next time , whatever they say, is just farting

plus the only state effected is JB, the rest of the states wont care so wont support u-turn

the only people to be die, is those buying properties in JB and wanting to make a killing cos the average worker can just rent a bed or room at $400 per month

Edited by frenchfly
  • Praise 1

not yet,,,,,still have VEP from malaysia to come...TMD who needs enemies when you have these two government?

Yeah, really feel like modern slavery where both masters ordering me around.

Sigh.. feel damn helpless and emo each time when I see such news..

It really hurts for people like me..

↡ Advertisement