F1 advise needed

Jackfoo

dear all,

Had a 3 days pass for the F1 but this is the first time going, lot of unsure thing that need to seek advise, as follow:

a) what time i need to be sitted ? the race usually start during evening time?

b) can i leave the place(or seat) and come back 1 hr later?

c) where is the best place to park my ride?

many thanks in advance....

↡ Advertisement

dear all,

Had a 3 days pass for the F1 but this is the first time going, lot of unsure thing that need to seek advise, as follow:

6ish can go in to walk about look at antique cars etc etc.. usu testing start 7ish iirc

yes... seat is your tix specifically... unless ur pass is the walkabout pass

depends on ur gate of entry... personally i park at golden shoe and enter from fullerton or adephi

不客气 [grin]

• Praise 1

dear all,

1) No fixed time to be seated. You can come in even when the practise/race start no issue. Fri normally 2 practise sessions, last time 1 around 6pm and another at 9pm thereabouts. Sat got 1 practise and 1 qualifying, should be 6 and 9pm again. Sun actual race day got other races before main race and also got driver parade.

2) Seat is allocated so no one can take as it's yours already so you can come and go as you like.

3) My advise is to take MRT. Even if you can find car park, it's going to be a jam.

Hope this helps.

• Praise 6

dear all,

a) full schedule here http://www.singaporegp.sg/raceguide/2014-on-off-track-schedule

b) yes u r free to roam around (access to different areas will depend on your ticket/pass type.)

c) http://www.singaporegp.sg/raceguide/transport-guide

hv fun

• Praise 1

This year you dont need any ear plugs . Its sad news ; not good news . [thumbsdown]

haha ure right. its an amazing experience to hear the NA V8s scream in marina bay once a year... now is more like a bunch of tiong chia turbo diesels racing...

dear all,

a) There is no fixed time you need to be seated per se. The race proper starts 8pm 21 September 2014 but for the other days, F1 track activity varies day by day..

b) The grandstand seat is reserved by you and you only. No one else is supposed to seat on your seat.

c) Not advisable to drive even if you have a PC car pass (even so, can only park in Stadium and take shuttle bus, which defeats the point because you still have to walk a lot inside PC)..

Please do dress appropriately and wear proper comfortable shoes...

Other than that, enjoy your weekend and remember to keep hydrated.

• Praise 1

You all damn high energy man. Had passes for the inaugural one, but never bothered to go. Much more relaxing to watch on TV at home. :D

Enjoy yourself TS.

Edited by Turboflat4

You all damn high energy man. Had passes for the inaugural one, but never bothered to go. Much more relaxing to watch on TV at home. :D

Enjoy yourself TS.

I am much the same as you, I can follow the race better at home on TV. People told me I should go anyway because of the atmosphere. With the current turbocharged cars, I have even less reason to go.

a. There are support races beforehand that you can watch. There are also retail opportunities where you can buy overpriced merchandise.

b. If you don't have a walkaround ticket then you should have an assigned seat.

c. Find an MRT station along your route that has free Sunday parking and take the train into town. Don't drive.

• Praise 1

Enjoy yourself TS.

Its a different experience altogether watching it live ; if you are an F1 fan. Yes, you only catch a small section of the track and wait 90 secs for it to come around again , but the piercing sound of the engine , the gunshot like sounds when they downshift , and even the smell of burnt petrol can put a smile on your face.

My favourite part of the race is actually the formation lap , where the colourful machines parade like models before wailing off at the 1st lap .

Even before the cars make their way to the starting grid , the sight and sound of the safety and medical car combing the track is awesome. Damn those 6.3 litre AMG machines.

Sadly in 2014 the sound effect from the screaming 19,000 rpm Naturally Aspirated engine is gone ; replaced by 1.6L turbo ( [mad] ) ; but I think that TS will still enjoy the spectacle nonetheless.

Have fun.

dear all,

many thanks for the information.

last question as follow:

can I pass 1 of the day pass to my uncle? is it allow?

thanks in advance

dear all,

many thanks for the information.

last question as follow:

can I pass 1 of the day pass to my uncle? is it allow?

thanks in advance

yes, its allow as there is no name on the ticket. the marshall will punch a hole on the ticket upon entry.

• Praise 1

This year you dont need any ear plugs . Its sad news ; not good news . [thumbsdown]

Waah seh,......... this kinda sound ??? Gone are the days,............. Those Vrroooooom,..... really was the highlight...

22 cars on the grid,..... just imagine the ruckus,..... made my heart pumped,.....

If this round really like this,...... then super [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Sad........ people might just [sleeping]

↡ Advertisement