New Cars And LTA Inspection - Why Take So Long?

Nethdale

Hi,

Nowadays, I understand all new cars must send to LTA for inspection (or some called it "homologation"). If a car is neither near 97kw and it is confirmed belongs to Cat B's car, can anyone share with me how long will it stuck at LTA? PI told us they have sent in to LTA since 2nd week of Aug. Until today, the car is still stuck at LTA. Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

Your car not tested yet. They are still trying to understand the difference between power at engine and power at wheels.

p/s - Just joking

Edited by F355

Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, don't quite understand? Ty

govt only interested in money

they want to make sure the dealers are not cheating and listing a cat B car as a cat A, recent example honda vezel by the parallel importers

Your car not tested yet. They are still trying to understand the difference between power at engine and power at wheels.

p/s - Just joking

Hi,

No worries. Ty

govt only interested in money

they want to make sure the dealers are not cheating and listing a cat B car as a cat A, recent example honda vezel by the parallel importers

Hi,

Tks for yr reply. Consider a car which is 2l but not sure about the KW thingy or rather under normal circumstances, how long it would clear from LTA? Ty

Hi,

Nowadays, I understand all new cars must send to LTA for inspection (or some called it "homologation"). If a car is neither near 97kw and it is confirmed belongs to Cat B's car, can anyone share with me how long will it stuck at LTA? PI told us they have sent in to LTA since 2nd week of Aug. Until today, the car is still stuck at LTA. Thank you.

Could be :

1. Dealer thinks price will drop (the price they pay for the car in Japan)

2. Sit on your deposit to fund their working capital

3. Anything to their advantage for sitting on the deal while u wait....

So just use LTA as a convenient excuse. Are there any models of the Harrier which you bought registered on the road yet? If so, dealer is lying lor.

Could be :

1. Dealer thinks price will drop (the price they pay for the car in Japan)

2. Sit on your deposit to fund their working capital

3. Anything to their advantage for sitting on the deal while u wait....

So just use LTA as a convenient excuse. Are there any models of the Harrier which you bought registered on the road yet? If so, dealer is lying lor.

Hi,

Benefit of doubts to qns 1. Maybe it sounds feasible for q2 and q3 but is certain that there such Harrier on the road.

Last time 2-3 weeks, now 2-3 months

Hi,

You are right that now needs to wait longer as compared to last time and seems like LTA is implementing something soon.

Hi,

Benefit of doubts to qns 1. Maybe it sounds feasible for q2 and q3 but is certain that there such Harrier on the road.

Hi,

You are right that now needs to wait longer as compared to last time and seems like LTA is implementing something soon.

If really no such Harrier on the road, then might be real lor, that LTA dunno why being bloody slow in giving type approval.

If really no such Harrier on the road, then might be real lor, that LTA dunno why being bloody slow in giving type approval.

LTA should have records for such Harrier which already approved on the road. Just don't know who "出 pattern" only? PI? Or LTA. I have clarified with LTA and replied from LTA is that every batch of vehicles sent for inspection will be given a number called "VITAS Application No". This number is no trade secret. With this no, LTA should be able to check the status and the application nos appears to be something like that "2014(year)/08(mth)/12(date)xxxx"

However, when I conveyed this request to the salesman, it seems not so easy to obtain from the admin staff??? Like what the LTA manager told me, the application nos is no secret unless the coy did not submit the car for inspection or whatever reasons.

Sian!

LTA are farking slow. My current bike had to be re-homologated due to due to change of local agent (ex-agent clearing old stock, all models had to undergo the process again). Also took like 6 weeks or something.

LTA don't care, they are gubberment. Talk to them also no use, they just hide behind the bureaucratic machine.

Why would the dealer delay delivering the car to you?

No cars delivered means no income for them.

For LTA that's a different story. Their boss came up with the system. They LL have to do it regardless the long queue of cars waiting to be tested. And there's no time limit. Anyway their boss wants ppl to take public transpork and definitely discourage ppl buying cars. I mean why would they care when you will be getting your car.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement