Which car? Honda Accord vs Nissan Teana

Mkl22

Which car will you get?

1. 2008 honda accord 3.5 $66k
2. 2008 nissan teana 3.5 $65k
3. 2010 honda accord 2.4 manual $79k

I'm driving a "unloved" japanese car now. And I got it rather cheap and value for money. Looking for something bigger now. And the idea is to go for something that isn't too popular but still sort of main stream japanese. The depreciation of the 3 above works out to approx 12k. Yes road tax is higher for the 3.5, but it's alright for the added power. Consumption isn't a major issue as I do not foresee hitting more than 15k km a year, most probably around 13-14k km.
these cars are probably very difficult to move for the dealer. So I also intend to bargain some.

Also do you guys have any other suggestions for unloved japanese sedans? Don't really need an MPV now even though with 3 kids. I know I could always buy a new toyota wish, which is a safe and boring choice. Depreciation is approx 12.5k-13k.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Which car will you get?

I'm driving a "unloved" japanese car now. And I got it rather cheap and value for money. Looking for something bigger now. And the idea is to go for something that isn't too popular but still sort of main stream japanese. The depreciation of the 3 above works out to approx 12k. Yes road tax is higher for the 3.5, but it's alright for the added power. Consumption isn't a major issue as I do not foresee hitting more than 15k km a year, most probably around 13-14k km.

these cars are probably very difficult to move for the dealer. So I also intend to bargain some.

Also do you guys have any other suggestions for unloved japanese sedans? Don't really need an MPV now even though with 3 kids. I know I could always buy a new toyota wish, which is a safe and boring choice. Depreciation is approx 12.5k-13k.

None of the above if the depreciation of the cars is more than the new car.

• Praise 2

Which car will you get?

tot the 2.4 Manual is EURO-R, normal accord don't have manual

definitely accord 2.4 manual lor, since you aspire exciting and danny boring,

3.5 Accord and teana very ah pak look, and don't believe they have better responsive than Euro-R, and bad fuel consumption, and high road tax

You'll have difficulties selling the EuroS later. Limited market for manuals and the 2.4 isn't a boy racer car, nor is it a true performance ride. The unit you looking set on sgcarmart has been there for few mths already.

• Praise 3

I would pick the 3.5 Honda Accord,nothing beats a 3.5 L,VTEC V6,this is 'almost' the same engine as the NSX.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

You'll have difficulties selling the EuroS later. Limited market for manuals and the 2.4 isn't a boy racer car, nor is it a true performance ride. The unit you looking set on sgcarmart has been there for few mths already.

Yes I know it's been there for some months. The idea is not to resell and drive all the way for all the cars. All the cars have a limited appeal thus maybe I could squeeze on price.

Was also considering the rx350 but average depre is 15k.

I vote Honda. Think its the V6 engine ? with both Vtec & VCM.

VCM is where under gentle city use (for a 3.5) only uses 4 cyln (V4), FC better. When floor it/acclerate harder.......high speed on nshw, becomes a V6. Thinks its 280ps.

• Praise 3

Which car will you get?

dep at 12k? i would go for conti leow [rolleyes]

How old r u?

If above 50 drive teana

Below that drive accord

above 50 should drive S or 7 series lah [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Which car will you get?

Aiyo.. dep 12.5k-13k can just get new or almost new cars already.. still comes with warranty and free servicing. The newer smaller engines with turbo is just as fast as the older bigger NA engines yet more efficient in terms of consumption. I think overall the servicing cost, higher road tax, 1.5x more fuel cost and wear and tear parts which you probably need to replace for >5 yr old car will add up quite a bit to your 12.5-13k dep car which ends up you could have gotten a 14-15k dep new/almost new car for the same amount spent.

• Praise 2

For me....non of the above...no Turbo no fun....hehe

Hehe......agreed. For that budget, I would look at the 2008 S80 2.5T instead.

• Praise 3

Honda accord lor since almost the same price as tenna....I'm sure the paper also higher...

Ya I wud also go for the 2008 Accord.

I think u not i Spore issit?

I say this cos 3.5 lit Jap cars not often seen here.

↡ Advertisement