Temasek is separate from Government

Camrytron

But “it was clearly not the business of Government to run such enterprises” and Temasek was set up to take over the companies. That separation allowed Singapore companies to be free of political patronage and compete on a level playing field, he said.

I find such arguments *so* convincing coming from the President/chronic former Pappy politician/MiniStar, who is also head of the GIC, when he's commenting on TH, which also just happens to be run by the PM's wife. Yes, absolutely no hint of political patronage there. [rolleyes]

And to bluster on and on about TH's success after so many dismal and very public failures and missteps - I can't believe there are still people deluded enough to swallow this codswallop hook, line and sinker.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 8

I find it contradicting.

In the news, it says Temasek is owned by Ministry of Finance.

But MoF is clearly a government entity.

So how can Temasek has no government influence? [confused]

Perhaps my comprehension skills is really poor.

• Praise 3

I find it contradicting.

In the news, it says Temasek is owned by Ministry of Finance.

But MoF is clearly a government entity.

So how can Temasek has no government influence? [confused]

Perhaps my comprehension skills is really poor.

you are not the only one who got "F" for comprehension skills

• Praise 1

I find such arguments *so* convincing coming from the President/chronic former Pappy politician/MiniStar, who is also head of the GIC, when he's commenting on TH, which also just happens to be run by the PM's wife. Yes, absolutely no hint of political patronage there. [rolleyes]

And to bluster on and on about TH's success after so many dismal and very public failures and missteps - I can't believe there are still people deluded enough to swallow this codswallop hook, line and sinker.

woh.....u really dont mince your word hor!
  • Praise 1