CMPB Moving . . .

Camrysfa

Think this is the 3rd move in history; 1st location was Dempsey Road . . .

Central Manpower Base to move to Upper Bukit Timah Road

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/central-manpower-base-move-upper-bukit-timah-road-201409

SINGAPORE - The Depot Road building where hundreds of thousands of young men have been called up for national service (NS) and pre-enlistment screening since 1989, is moving to a new home in Upper Bukit Timah Road. Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen said in a Facebook post on Monday that the new Central Manpower Base (CMPB) will sit across upcoming Cashew MRT station, which will be part of the new Downtown Line 2.

The new building, which will be a stone's throw away from the Defence Ministry in Gombak Drive, will be "easily accessible to the public", said Dr Ng. "We are also using the opportunity to build more facilities for Mindef staff and visitors," he added. -

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I was from Dempsey ... Damn I'm Old ...

You are not the only one here to load up onto the tonner outside Jones the Grocer .... [thumbsup]

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 3

Who is moving into the place?

attachicon.gifcmpb.GIF

Prime land leh...

Knowing how well they work, Most prob will tender out to build condo...

Doubt they will be so nice to build more HDB there.

No $2000 psf no talk...

• Praise 14

Prime land leh...

No $2000 psf no talk...

Now market quiet, maybe the land will be vacant until it picks up! No point spending money to build condo unless they can find buyers. Cashflow problems!

• Praise 2

Prime land leh...

No $2000 psf no talk...

I dont think it will be a condo, defence tower is still there, land will still be under them.

• Praise 2

Prime land leh...

No $2000 psf no talk...

err, another Normanton Park housing ? ( just joking )

CMPB is sandwiched betw those 2 DSTA towers, so pte condo seems odd.

MINDEF move there also seem lame.

I was from Dempsey ... Damn I'm Old ... 😂

i still remember taking a bus (cant remember the number) from Serangoon Gardens for my medical-checkup at dempsey.....walk here walk there report here report there ! Nearly one yr later it was time for my ns.....same place this time kana rounded up like cattle into the tonner. Brought to Keat Hong camp to draw our barang barang and then driven to Guillemard. Nb....now i feel old! Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 3

I believe Keat Hong no more liao ?? Also Guillemard ?? Your NS memory is wiped out.

Keat Hong now demolished to built hdb....Guillemard was still there last December.....i passed by my A coy bunk a few yrs ago when they made a rd to cut through Guillemard rd to Old Airport Rd. Nostalgic moment when i drove pass the bunk from the rear ......but ask me again if i want to go through it again i will say 'NO'!

Go through once is more than enough liao. If I can suggest, one year is enough liao.

but it was the best yrs of my life......no need to go home.....no girlfriend to report to......hanging out with buddies.........fight here fight there......how i missed those moments! The night we ROD we were told to bookout and report back the next day to collect our ic. None of the guys went home but we walked all the way to East Coast to enjoy the last night together as single and free young men!
↡ Advertisement