How to connect TV to external speaker

Owen_fan

Hi

Anyone can advisse me can I connect my TV to an external audio system thru the TV Audio out (as shown below, whcih usually red & white connection) using a AUX cable? I can local AUX in from my audio system main unit.

post-3093-0-16950400-1412144970.jpg

↡ Advertisement

By the way, if you want quality output, should use better cables like HDMI. Usual A/V would not be of good quality.

Usual tv audio out no HDMI out. Only HDMI inputs.

Actually, specs for HDMI has provision for "audio return" since 2 years ago I think. But you will need an AV/Receiver to take advantage of that.

Hi

Anyone can advisse me can I connect my TV to an external audio system thru the TV Audio out (as shown below, whcih usually red & white connection) using a AUX cable? I can local AUX in from my audio system main unit.

Which is your external audio system? What inputs does it take? What outputs does it have? There's cables for everything :D

Hypersonic

Hi

Just search for 3.5mm jack to RCA audio output (red + white). Loads on the Internet.

sku_120015_1_small.jpg

My TV is about 5 years old and I had HDMI output connected to my A/V receiver. But, you are right, it depends on the TV model / spec.

Turbocharged

Hi

Can you take a picture of your

1) TV's audio outputs.

2) Audio system aux input.

There are many different TV and audio system with different connections. Usually if audio only for consumer products, it's usually RCA to RCA (red/white). For professional sound setups (clubs, bars, disco, recording studio, events), it's 1/4 inch or XLR cables.

Hi

Hi all,

Thanks for all you advise:)

Problem solved. I went to those computer shop at Sim Lim & they told me to get a AUX cable by connecting 1 end to the TV audio out, the other end to microphone in on my old CD audio system. It work prefectly.

↡ Advertisement