NZ Car Crash: SIA crew seriously hurt

Camrysfa

Singapore Airlines crew injured in New Zealand car crash

http://singapore.coconuts.co/2014/10/01/video-singapore-airlines-crew-injured-new-zealand-car-crash

post-114176-0-24566300-1412201711_thumb.png

A road accident that occurred Wednesday morning in Canterbury, Christchurch, is said to have involved five Singapore Airlines (SIA) crew.

In a statement to Yahoo! Singapore, a SIA spokesperson revealed that two of them are seriously injured and another is in critical condition. All five are receiving treatment in the hospital.

“Our immediate concern is for the welfare of our staff and we shall accord them and their families the highest standard of care and assistance," the spokesperson said.

According to The New Zealand Herald, the car they were in had crashed into another that was towing a horse float. The horse is said to have escaped injury.

The newspaper also reported today that Canterbury police is reminding road users to exercise caution, in light of the recent accidents in the area.

Watch a video of the rescue efforts at the accident site here.

↡ Advertisement

Not good news. The driver has been charged. Faces $20K fine/5years jail. His career may be at stake.

A moment's loss of concentration?

• Praise 2

the most seriously hurt has been out of ICU. the other 2 in hospital also fine. unfortunately the driver will be charged today... pray they will all be fine

what's with their media... "but the horses are ok"

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Not good news. The driver has been charged. Faces $20K fine/5years jail. His career may be at stake.

more likely poor understanding of the road and driving conditions (in my biased and unscientific opinion)

As to noting the horses are ok....it would be a question people wld ask. So give the info first

Turbocharged

more likely poor understanding of the road and driving conditions (in my biased and unscientific opinion)

As to noting the horses are ok....it would be a question people wld ask. So give the info first

I'd tot that animal lifr are as impt as humans in NZ where animal rights are very strong that's why they also reported the horse's condition. Darren am I right?

We drivers from Singapore are used to road jammed with other vehicles which force us to slow down. As NZ roads in South Island are very good, quite straight, with open scenary and very little (if any!) traffic, it is very easy to exceed way beyond the speed limit through over-confidence or lack of road side reference objects..... Best set to cruise control.

• Praise 1

We drivers from Singapore are used to road jammed with other vehicles which force us to slow down. As NZ roads in South Island are very good, quite straight, with open scenary and very little (if any!) traffic, it is very easy to exceed way beyond the speed limit through over-confidence or lack of road side reference objects..... Best set to cruise control.

Some (most) drivers from Singapore doesn't have the experience to overtake in 2 lanes dual directional roads.

We were never taught to use the BHP of the engine by reving hard to perform such maneuvers.

Very often, I see these type of accident were caused by the car fully loaded with passerage.

Probably due to drivers never consider the weight of the car (full load vs single driver).

• Praise 3

Some (most) drivers from Singapore doesn't have the experience to overtake in 2 lanes dual directional roads.

We were never taught to use the BHP of the engine by reving hard to perform such maneuvers.

Very often, I see these type of accident were caused by the car fully loaded with passerage.

Probably due to drivers never consider the weight of the car (full load vs single driver).

Most drivers here don't rev beyond 2500-3000 rpm! They should be buying Diesel cars....

My memory starts to recall passing Canterbury Town to Chrischurch, is this town before cookie monster factory ?

the picture show the car with open top but one paper mentioned it was a Toyota :blink::blink:

ST_20141002_CRASH02_705904e.jpg

yup the vid show the EMS removing the roof after cutting the A/B/C pillars.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

News mention was at a junction...so I'm thinking the pilot didn't give way or didn't realize he was supposed to. Possibly no signage at junction. Tink car was a yaris

My memory starts to recall passing Canterbury Town to Chrischurch, is this town before cookie monster factory ?

canterbury is a province (state), christchurch is a town in canterbury. Cookie time is south of christchurch if my memory correct

the most seriously hurt has been out of ICU. the other 2 in hospital also fine. unfortunately the driver will be charged today... pray they will all be fine

what's with their media... "but the horses are ok"

The driver will never be able to get out of his emotional regret that he injured his colleagues :(

Bless all of them to get well soon

Edited by Ktglfc

I'd tot that animal lifr are as impt as humans in NZ where animal rights are very strong that's why they also reported the horse's condition. Darren am I right?

The horse could have been someone's girlfriend in NZ.

• Praise 1

Too soon ... Too soon ... 😂

Not enough sheep so they settle for horses.

Just like Singaporean men who can't find a local wife having to settle for Vietnamese brides.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1