Property investors knowledge share

Mercury1

Hi Chaps,

I am interested to know more property investment members on the forum and discuss about your your property investment approaches, how you manage your property etc. Just a sharing thread where everyone can tap on each others experiences/know how. Feel free to chip in or even if you are not vested but want to find out more.

I am currently vested in residential and industrial properties, I will kick off with the below.

What I look for in no particular priorities

- Focus mainly on districts 3, 5, 10, 11

- Areas with upcoming MRT stations

- Old properties with unused plot ratio

- Areas near schools or business parks.

Issues faced till date

- Termites

- Air Con breakdowns

- Stuff stolen on property belonging to tenants

- Bad maintenance by the tenant

Keen to find out more about

- Retail Property investment

- Overseas investments

- Property Auctions

- Medical Suites

- Districts you believe with upcoming potential

Singapore-district-map-v2-small.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Wah, you are rich leh, invested in residential and industrial properties :)

Though, I am interested in investing, I am only invested in my current 3-rm hdb flat :D

Oh ya, I am also invested in the lives of my children :))

Haha no lah, I first started before the property market went nova, I also had to borrow part of the down payment from my folks to finance the residential properties.

The industrial was more a luck and timing co-incidence where I invested with some friends as one knew a company that wanted to rent floor space. That was when the industrial sector was going for about 250 psf.

I also investing in my children's lives, but childcare super exp in Singapore, need more passive income to make up :D

Wah, you are rich leh, invested in residential and industrial properties :)

Though, I am interested in investing, I am only invested in my current 3-rm hdb flat :D

Oh ya, I am also invested in the lives of my children :))

• Praise 1

Some say go up and some say go down, thats how $$ is made lol, this reminds me of a song

Now is the best time to buy, property will always go up. Come on, whats there to discuss. Easy money. Every year buy one as one girl says.

Find time lim kopi with T2, he will tell u about his rich experiences in investing properties

I didnt make much money from properties, unfortunately.

I never considered myself a property guy.

I also dont lim kopi, not a coffee person either...

• Praise 1

Property should go down by another 5% or so.. and then can cherry pick liao :)

Afterall, we are buying the land value, which will appreciate in years ahead

How can it go down?!?!

It will never

Hi Chaps,

I am interested to know more property investment members on the forum and discuss about your your property investment approaches, how you manage your property etc. Just a sharing thread where everyone can tap on each others experiences/know how. Feel free to chip in or even if you are not vested but want to find out more.

I am currently vested in residential and industrial properties, I will kick off with the below.

What I look for in no particular priorities

- Focus mainly on districts 3, 5, 10, 11

- Areas with upcoming MRT stations

- Old properties with unused plot ratio

- Areas near schools or business parks.

Issues faced till date

- Termites

- Air Con breakdowns

- Stuff stolen on property belonging to tenants

- Bad maintenance by the tenant

Keen to find out more about

- Retail Property investment

- Overseas investments

- Property Auctions

- Medical Suites

- Districts you believe with upcoming potential

Singapore-district-map-v2-small.jpg

Just dont let us bloody find out that you are a lurking property agent, OK?

They often like to come into forums with a handful of posts , friendly with everyone and then start their you-know-what lah...

Heh heh heh

I would need a larger price move 20 - 30% to be swayed to go in, rental yield is typically 2.5 - 3.5%, 5% drop won't be too bad, not to the stamp duty, lawyer fee etc that has to be factored in

Hahaha, don't worry I am not. Although that would likely be a wiser career choice compared to my boring desk job

I also not into lim kopi, this was just a knowledge share lah for people who also do property investment.

I just learnt an important lesson on what not to write in a rental contract. Going to try talk to my tenant on it, will update more after its done.

Just dont let us bloody find out that you are a lurking property agent, OK?
They often like to come into forums with a handful of posts , friendly with everyone and then start their you-know-what lah...

Heh heh heh

I know a guy who is investing in properties. But these kind of properties:

3915161709_67b1dfef8b.jpg

And he is making good money out of them! [laugh]

Edited by Icedbs

Turbocharged

I would need a larger price move 20 - 30% to be swayed to go in, rental yield is typically 2.5 - 3.5%, 5% drop won't be too bad, not to the stamp duty, lawyer fee etc that has to be factored in

if you are waiting for a 20-30% drop, then you better be prepared to pay a huge sum in cash.

in a tumbling market, the last thing the bank wants to do is finance an asset that may have a chance of going underwater.

besides ... if the market comes down that much, before you can buy, i can assure you the big boys will cherry pick the best first. after the last huge tumble, most people have become smarter (either hoarding cash to wait for another tumble or simply not buying risky investments like stock market etc).

• Praise 2

Then wait until really drop 20~30% then think abt it... 人的本性是贪.... take 20yrs to drop 20% wld you buy? vs drop 20% in 6mths? vs drop 20% in 1yr+??

mindset completely diff in all 3 scenarios...

btw... REAL rental income is really pathetic now...(unless u don't pay tax)..... tho still much better than leaving cash in bank

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1