Gaming Desktop

Richard_Peh

I am currently looking for gaming desktop but not alienware? Thinking of getting at sim lim square for those custom made in the shop. Any bro got any good recommendation which shop do good gaming desktop?

↡ Advertisement

I dunno about desktop.

Just buy your own parts lor. U just need a good graphics card and 1 or more 24-27 inch monitors. Just do some reading up.

Any i7 cpu with 8-16gb of ram should be more than sufficient.

Get a decent sized SSD to install some of your more commonly played games. 240gb at least.

But gaming laptop for singapore, go to Aftershock.

I only more familiar with notebook graphics cards.

Edited by Lala81

I am currently looking for gaming desktop but not alienware? Thinking of getting at sim lim square for those custom made in the shop. Any bro got any good recommendation which shop do good gaming desktop?

Ah Lim from upper serangoon shopping centre, heard good comment about it. Never do it before, but friend say very honest. I don't have contact details, but you can try google it.

read here: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/index2.html

do a search within for configurations and budget as required.

This sticky thread within HW clinic is the correct one.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/buyers-guide-ii-extreme-high-end-mid-range-budget-entry-level-systems-part-2-a-3396832.html

Just follow it mostly, won't go wrong one.

Shops like Fuwell can assemble for u for a charge. If you know how to assemble yourself better. lol.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

If u want a shop to assemble for you.

Fuwell is would be where i go. I think some of the other shops should also offer similar service. Maybe Bell systems?

These 2 shops around for long time liao, you won't really get chopped carrot.

Some of the other shops sometimes their parts have no real warranty (PI stuff) one though their prices are slightly cheaper. Just be bit careful if you not familiar with the other shops.

• Praise 1

GFX and SSD will up your speed more then I5--->i7.

I5 or equivalent is enough for gaming.

true.

In fact my wife's Aftershock laptop i chose to use the i5. Because i heard the i7 throttles due to overheating also lol. But in a PC case should have no throttling.

Now should be quite few I5 right. It's like a budget/basic cpu now.

true.

In fact my wife's Aftershock laptop i chose to use the i5. Because i heard the i7 throttles due to overheating also lol. But in a PC case should have no throttling.

Now should be quite few I5 right. It's like a budget/basic cpu now.

Not really budget is I3.

but from my experience I5 for gaming. I7 is for more hardcore stuff like graphic design and video editing. Not the normal graphic and video editing but by real professional. OR if you want to Torrent and Play game at the same time.

personally for Desktop is AMD for me all the way. I am still running 965, Radon R9 290 on a SSD for system with games install on good old HDD. so far can handle all games on highest setting.

Not really budget is I3.

but from my experience I5 for gaming. I7 is for more hardcore stuff like graphic design and video editing. Not the normal graphic and video editing but by real professional. OR if you want to Torrent and Play game at the same time.

personally for Desktop is AMD for me all the way. I am still running 965, Radon R9 290 on a SSD for system with games install on good old HDD. so far can handle all games on highest setting.

my wife's old PC is a dual core AMD.

But really zhin jui problems. She kana some PC curse. I've personally swapped out every component of that system. Some twice. But still got hardware problems. PSU, MB, 3 graphic cards, RAM, HDD. Only original CPU still present.

Bought surge protector for her also no use.

Meanwhile my own PCs all bo taichi. I've canabalised the parts from them to repair hers lol...

So this time, F it liao lah. Just buy aftershock laptop. Everything they settle lol.

Sometimes u use budget CPU, u get budget mobo. And these are sibei shit.

Asrock. died within 9mths. wtf.

Edited by Lala81

my wife's old PC is a dual core AMD.

But really zhin jui problems. She kana some PC curse. I've personally swapped out every component of that system. Some twice. But still got hardware problems. PSU, MB, 3 graphic cards, RAM, HDD. Only original CPU still present.

Bought surge protector for her also no use.

Meanwhile my own PCs all bo taichi. I've canabalised the parts from them to repair hers lol...

So this time, F it liao lah. Just buy aftershock laptop. Everything they settle lol.

Sometimes u use budget CPU, u get budget mobo. And these are sibei shit.

Asrock. died within 9mths. wtf.

Maybe its the casing.

I used to have parts issue until I change mine to a full tower gaming casing.

Twincharged

Not really budget is I3.

I think really budget for intel should be the G3258 instead. Mine overclocked easily to 4.5ghz with watercooling.

Twincharged

Maybe its the casing.

I used to have parts issue until I change mine to a full tower gaming casing.

I doubt is casing la. Casing for me when I build for people budget PC I'll just get the cheapest possible one. That is the only part that can be compromised without much problems. More likely the PSU? I prefer to spend more on a reliable power supply instead.

For gaming, the motherboard is impt. Some budget motherboards PCI-E slot run at 4x. So cannot make full use of the GPU.

I doubt is casing la. Casing for me when I build for people budget PC I'll just get the cheapest possible one. That is the only part that can be compromised without much problems. More likely the PSU? I prefer to spend more on a reliable power supply instead.

For gaming, the motherboard is impt. Some budget motherboards PCI-E slot run at 4x. So cannot make full use of the GPU.

you talking about budget desktop. we talking about gaming desktop totally different leh.

Overheating is one of the major concern for parts spoilt at least from what I experience.

Twincharged

you talking about budget desktop. we talking about gaming desktop totally different leh.

Overheating is one of the major concern for parts spoilt at least from what I experience.

Even for higher end builds I also spend the least on the case. Only spend more for the case if still within budget after getting all the desired parts. Nowadays even the cheap cases also not too bad already.

I am using this case DIYPC FM08-Blue2 Black Computer Case. IIRC around $50 only.

Ha like I said. Every part had been swapped out over a course of 2 to 3 years.

Psu is a seasonic. Last one should be some cm one.

After few months sure got some failure to boot or shutdown or reboot after boot up.

Even for higher end builds I also spend the least on the case. Only spend more for the case if still within budget after getting all the desired parts. Nowadays even the cheap cases also not too bad already.

I am using this case DIYPC FM08-Blue2 Black Computer Case. IIRC around $50 only.

Custom build lor, based on your requirements and budget. Mix and match the components. For SLS is usually Fuwell (that's where I usually go to).

Was contemplating on a gaming desktop after my Acer (lots of issue) desktop finally died but settled down with a MSI laptop.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1