Boring, accident with taxi...

Keithhiap

Hi Bro & Sis,

Due to my careless, bang into taxi backside.

I admit it is my fault for not observing the taxi closely.

If you view the photos taken, in fact, the taxi has no impact rather my japanese car.

Well, he don't wish to private settle, he says go report....

I had watched the video repeatedly, i personally feel that he could have filtered out.

Sharp or smooth break, Watch the video the comment it ba. (It all depends on how drivers view it).

I know you guys would ask me how come i did not brake, because i am looking at right side, knowing that there is no incoming car,

slowly let go brake who knows he sharp brake, and if you watch the video there is no incoming car at all.

One of the video he walked out and said there is incoming car.

I shall be reporting tomorrow morning, just want to see how forumers response, of course, i know i am paying tho.

Edited by Keithhiap
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Supercharged

IMO, whatever happened in front of the taxi is not important and it would not be recorded in his statement.

anyway, what had happened, it happened, learn a lesson and move on.

i know, hitting a taxi (lost of income, injury and etc) is an expensive lesson and its wiser to let the insurance company to settle the bill.

good luck.

• Praise 1

Is that a illegal U-turn by the taxi?

if Yes, negotiate with the taxi or complain to TP to get a consolation prize.

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 1

Light impact only.

Been driving since 1998, never had accident b4, this accident ruins my 55% NCD.

I will face the fact tho but just feel uncomfortable with such kayu drivers.

When we learnt driving, instructor did said we can filter left most if no cars, but in this incident, i feel sad as nowadays all the newbie drivers is so sucks, can even wait till no cars then filter out.

Turbocharged

100% TS fault. Since taxi don't want to settle privately , no choice LLST .

But at least got video evidence to show that it was only a minor kiss , so at least the taxi cannot inflate the claims on the damage , or subsequent medical claims such as whiplash and required 6 months MC.

Submit the video to your insurers and good luck.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

I feel for you TS. just not your day today.

Some light impact like this can cost up to $700 to repair........ [:(]

moreover, its coming from a taxi driver...... most likely he will claim you to the max...... [sweatdrop]

Edited by Vega
  • Praise 1

Light impact only.

Been driving since 1998, never had accident b4, this accident ruins my 55% NCD.

I will face the fact tho but just feel uncomfortable with such kayu drivers.

When we learnt driving, instructor did said we can filter left most if no cars, but in this incident, i feel sad as nowadays all the newbie drivers is so sucks, can even wait till no cars then filter out.

Wah, after 16 years just this minor accident, you very good already man [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Should give you 15 years long service award for 0 accident.

• Praise 1

Assumption is the Mother of all f*ck-ups....

Always assume other ppl are Kayu.. Never assume other drivers are confident enough to move off with one lane clear..

Painful lesson...

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Sorry TS but this one confirmed u r in the wrong. At least u r man enuff to admit it's ur mistake. Good on you Bro! Take it as a lesson and learn from it. you will definitely be more a more careful driver after this. Stay safe.

Edited by TJX
  • Praise 8

i believe many have had a near miss in such situation

front car get ready to cheong want to exit ... behind car also follow by tap on accelerator

suddenly the front car chicken out and brake ... car behind bang ...

Edited by Wt_know

I thought TS is my friend's bro coz he hit a taxi today as well. Strange thing is taxi driver offered to settle privately. LoL...

Edited by Watwheels

Bro, I empathize your agony of getting into this accident after so many years of clean record, but your 1st video indeed showed the taxi driver was right to step hard on his brake as there were 2 cars passing by just b4 you hit him.

in your situation, you shouldn't assume the driver in front will cruise thru the slip road by your judgment of looking at the right - you never know what that driver will do.

Good thing that you had very clear video/pictures to proof the accident is very minor, but let's hope that he don't chu pattern by claiming his neck was hurt during the impact - that can be very costly for you....

• Praise 2

Well, the way i look at him is those kind who sure claim me gao gao,

He don't want to private settle, right away tells me go report when i am telling him light damage.

If you watch the video closely, he didn't even bother to take more pictures.

damage is not bad. did u speak to the uncle? Is he reasonable or one that will carrot u?

Hi Bro & Sis,
If you view the photos taken, in fact, the taxi has no impact rather my japanese car.
I had watched the video repeatedly, i personally feel that he could have filtered out.
Sharp or smooth break, Watch the video the comment it ba. (It all depends on how drivers view it).
I know you guys would ask me how come i did not brake, because i am looking at right side, knowing that there is no incoming car,
slowly let go brake who knows he sharp brake, and if you watch the video there is no incoming car at all.
I shall be reporting tomorrow morning, just want to see how forumers response, of course, i know i am paying tho.

Then u r in trouble. This are the idiots that will collude with the workshop and fleece u!

Take as many pics as possible. Safeguard yourself against his claims.

Well, the way i look at him is those kind who sure claim me gao gao,

He don't want to private settle, right away tells me go report when i am telling him light damage.

If you watch the video closely, he didn't even bother to take more pictures.

• Praise 1

In fact I took almost 90% exterior pictures + road to safe guard myself.

However I believed the workshop can still do something nasty to claim me.

If really happens consider unlucky, I think I am going to buy lottery hope to win to cover the loses lol.

Feel sorry for you. Know what it feels like because I had the same scenario which cost me 2K for private settlement including repairing my vehicle just to save my NCD which remains at 50%.

From my past experience, your 50% NCD will not be totally wiped out unless both vehicles claim for compensation to repair etc.. Otherwise, you're likely to lose 20 or 30% for the 1st claim and that is by the cab driver against your policy.

While it may appear okay for the cab driver to filter out, it was not safe since there were cars coming and the cab driver did the right thing by not taking unnecessary risk since there was no telling that the on-coming vehicles may filter to the 2nd lane from the 1st.

It is a fairly common accident at filter lanes as drivers tend to look to their right (and often make wrong assumption) rather than the focusing on the front vehicle. Therefore, it pays for all of us to be more focused on the front vehicle and avoid assumptions.

Just take it that it is hard luck on your part. Hope you will get over with the frustration of such incident.

Hi Bro & Sis,

Edited by Neutralsg

A few years ago, I rear ended a Comfort taxi on CTE lane 2. There was road work on lane 1 and the taxi braked suddenly.

When he got off the taxi, he said someone cut into his lane and he had to brake. There was no visible damage to the taxi.

A few months later, he claimed me 14k including loss of income and injuries which he claimed he sustained during the injury. Repair to his taxi was less than 4k... the balance was his injuries. So what do you think? Real or fake?

I also had to go to the police post on CNY eve after the reunion dinner to make a police report as I received a letter from TP just on CNY eve...

Edited by Fishy
↡ Advertisement