Staying in Bartley area

Donut

Supercharged

Yo all,

got questions to ask about Bartley area.

saw a condo there, its NOT Bartley Ridge or Residence.

It's in Lor Ong Lye. Can walk to Bartley mrt in 7 mins or Serangoon MRT in 10-15mins. Maris Stella and PLMGS nearby

Anyone can advice about this area? Peak Traffic jam? Heat? Amenities? What's the government future plan?

↡ Advertisement

self stay or investment?? different mind set ley

pros - quiet estate

cons - not that convenient if u don't cook... food choices limited

nearby Kovan area more developed + nearer to KPE for transport convenience imho

Edited by SuPerBoRed

Yo all,

It's in Lor Ong Lye. Can walk to Bartley mrt in 7 mins or Serangoon MRT in 10-15mins. Maris Stella and PLMGS nearby

Anyone can advice about this area? Peak Traffic jam? Heat? Amenities? What's the government future plan?

My Uncle has a House near the Church in front of Bartley MRT ... Very nice Neighborhood ...

After the roads were improved a few years back ... its much better now ...

I know there is a Market within Driving Distance ... Food I'm not sure ...

Supercharged

Bro, from the map, Lor Ong Lye is nearer to Upper Paya Lebar Road leh.... where got near Bartley MRT ?

Upper Paya Lebar Road is quite light traffic, during off-peak hours.

But still can walk to Bartley MRT thru those lanes (Lor How Sun), but I am not sure if it is 7 mins walk.

For makan, between How Sun Road & Quemoy Road there's a row of shophouses, with a kopitiam, and a popular prawn noodle shop. Got a Indian mama shop also.

Supercharged

self stay or investment?? different mind set ley

pros - quiet estate

cons - not that convenient if u don't cook... food choices limited

nearby Kovan area more developed + nearer to KPE for transport convenience imho

own stay and cook alot at home.

thanks

That area very jin scary.......especially the one with the new flyover and the one leading to the crematorium! Yesterday at mandai rd at the crematorium turn off saw a car that was hit head on by a taxi....taxi was on the opposite lane!

That area very jin scary.......especially the one with the new flyover and the one leading to the crematorium! Yesterday at mandai rd at the crematorium turn off saw a car that was hit head on by a taxi....taxi was on the opposite lane!

Supercharged

Bro, from the map, Lor Ong Lye is nearer to Upper Paya Lebar Road leh.... where got near Bartley MRT ?

Upper Paya Lebar Road is quite light traffic, during off-peak hours.

But still can walk to Bartley MRT thru those lanes (Lor How Sun), but I am not sure if it is 7 mins walk.

For makan, between How Sun Road & Quemoy Road there's a row of shophouses, with a kopitiam, and a popular prawn noodle shop. Got a Indian mama shop also.

got back gate to how sun. happen to talk some residents there and confirm 7 mins or v short walk. every one walk through back gate, either to mrt or maris stella school. (I don't trust agent's words LOL)

upper paya lebar road. have they finished the construction or not? it seems many years liao

Supercharged

How come nobody asked tenure?

aiya... only 99 year lease la. though i notice there are quite alot of FH condos there........

Supercharged

can stay batley is jin satki [grin]

Bartley damm jin satki meh??!!!

its not 9. 10, 11 hor.............

Yo all,

Maris Stella is an awesome school. Just that alone is worth the ticket price. [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

the age of the condo?

MCST impt for the older ones... maintenance of facilities etc... is the place due for a large sinking of funds?

got to be careful... dont be blindsided.

ps.. can guess if start with 'C'? [:)]

Supercharged

Maris Stella is an awesome school. Just that alone is worth the ticket price. [thumbsup]

i dunno alot abt that school. i only know its a good school...

how awesome is awesome? [laugh] . Can fight with Pei Chun or not?

the age of the condo?

MCST impt for the older ones... maintenance of facilities etc... is the place due for a large sinking of funds?

got to be careful... dont be blindsided.

ps.. can guess if start with 'C'? [:)]

thanks for the tip.

How do i find about whether the place is due for a large sinking fund or major renovation? Ask who?

Heehee... i think u already know what condo i'm talking liao? you know that condo?

Yo all,

I don't think can achieve within 7 mins from Lor Ong Lye to Bartley MRT. Ask the agent to walk with you and time it.

It's more convenient if you walk to Serangoon MRT and take train down to Bartley MRT.

thanks for the tip.

How do i find about whether the place is due for a large sinking fund or major renovation? Ask who?

Heehee... i think u already know what condo i'm talking liao? you know that condo?

can guess mah... propertyguru is v good search engine! ... me used to be from nearby st gabs la... so consider know the area ok... albiet more than 15yrs ago [blush] ... very peaceful vicinity [thumbsup] iirc

personally i go home like to have peace and quiet...

look at the condition of the external walls of common compound .. recently painted or not? ask ur agent if she/he knows there will be more cash needed .. ask why previous owner want to sell?

also.. check for parking lots... all these maybe one time small costs.. over a few yrs.. will accumulate

Supercharged

I don't think can achieve within 7 mins from Lor Ong Lye to Bartley MRT. Ask the agent to walk with you and time it.

It's more convenient if you walk to Serangoon MRT and take train down to Bartley MRT.

ok. i will go back again and walk by myself. if not short walk, i'm going to strangle the agent. [laugh]

its through a back gate, not front gate.

↡ Advertisement