Champion Runner Can't Feel Legs Suffered Multiple Sclerosis.

2BDriver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis

Girl Who Can’t Feel Legs Due To MS Pursues Dreams Of Running Track

Joseph Milord
Source:
http://elitedaily.com/sports/kayla-montgomery-champion-track-star-video/864139/

Kayla Montgomery is more than a high school track star.

After being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis four years ago, Montgomery has almost unfathomably defied the odds to become a state champion long distance runner.

Her success, however, does not come without a cost. Because of the disease, Kayla cannot run without experiencing the heat triggered symptoms of MS, which include loss of feeling in her legs.

Because of these symptoms, she is not able to come to a full, concentrated and calculated stop after she finishes a race, leaving her to resort to falling at the finish line, where her coach is there to catch her each time.

Still, she has made her mark as one the top runners in the country. For as good as her résumé is as a competitor, though, her story is even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_dMrFx1mlE

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

This story is a good example of a person with strong mental strength!!

Alot of times, when physical disabilities occur especially dueing accidents, the main focus is on the physical side of recovery but what is equally important I feel is to have a strong mental ability to overcome the disability which sportsmen will often tell you is the real challenge.

Unfortunately, not all of us are strong mentally and I can only say kudos to those who are and give you credit for your mental ability to overcome adversities [thumbsup]

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 5

This story is a good example of a person with strong mental strength!!

Alot of times, when physical disabilities occur especially dueing accidents, the main focus is on the physical side of recovery but what is equally important I feel is to have a strong mental ability to overcome the disability which sportsmen will often tell you is the real challenge.

Unfortunately, not all of us are strong mentally and I can also say kudos to those who are and give you credit for your mental ability to overcome adversities [thumbsup]

my mental strength when running is really buay gan haha [laugh]

• Praise 1

my mental strength when running is really buay gan haha [laugh]

Don't worry bro, you are not the only one!!

Since your are a doc, you will obviously know that doctors always tell us when we do physical activity, to listen to our body and know when to stop as our own body is the best person to listen to.

My answer to them is that my body always asks me to stop :D, so I stop sometimes even before I start haha!!

Seriously though, running is the best example of using mental strength to finish the run and alot of us are just weak in this area sigh.........

• Praise 8

Truly Respect. Cannot say the same for some of those who ran the SCM and cheated their way to a Finisher Tee.

http://runningsucks.blogspot.sg/2014/12/cheaters-standard-chartered-marathon.html

Pls run for the sake of running for good health and to beat own expectations; and not run for the sake of getting a medal and finisher Tee...

Do a person have to stoop so low to lower your morals just to get an item that one don't deserve it?

Hopefully these persons can search their own conscience

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Don't worry bro, you are not the only one!!

Since your are a doc, you will obviously know that doctors always tell us when we do physical activity, to listen to our body and know when to stop as our own body is the best person to listen to.

My answer to them is that my body always asks me to stop :D, so I stop sometimes even before I start haha!!

Seriously though, running is the best example of using mental strength to finish the run and alot of us are just weak in this area sigh.........

Your body u listen.

Your brain ask u not to "jiak hu"when playing MJ u got listen or not???

• Praise 1

Your body u listen.

Anything concern monies our brain definitely bias for s-one $

• Praise 3

Your body u listen.

Haha good one!!

But in all honesty, when it comes to exercise think most of us will not be able to differentiate between body and mind. My body always tell me don't need to exercise, relax can already and when got adverse news on somebody died cos of exercise etc, my mind confirm tell me no need to exercise :D

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Haha good one!!

But in all honesty, when it comes to exercise think most of us will not be able to differentiate between body and mind. My body always tell me don't need to exercise, relax can already and when got adverse news on somebody died cos of exercise etc, my mind confirm tell me no need to exercise :D

yr behaviour is normal. like when i passed my heart test, the first thing i grapple with was should i celebrate cos i spend 3mths preparing for the test. just as my bus was coming, i lost my will power and bought 1 packet of Lim Chee Guan Bak Kwa to celebrate.

then recently, i went to pig out at ABC sio bak stall. felt so guilty, next thing i did was park the car at shopping mall opposite Ikea Alex, climb stairs to go there.

↡ Advertisement