Nurses, we should appreciate them more...

Little_prince

DEMANDING PATIENT SENDS INSULTING NOTE TO “OLD AND SLOW” NURSE
Post date:
19 Dec 2014 - 7:44am
Screen%20Shot%202014-12-19%20at%209.43.5

Dear TRS,

Yesterday I found my mother crying after coming back from work, and she shared this letter with me. I was horrified and outraged that someone could write such a demeaning letter (See attached image).

My mother is a senior staff nurse at a local hospital in Singapore who simply loves what she does. But this letter really broke her heart. It was from a patient who had been admitted for less than a week and she had been verbally abusing my mother, calling her “stupid”, “idiot” and “b*tch”. Once, she even spat on her when the hospital food was not to her liking.

What offended me most was that Ms Siew Ling asked my mother to quit her job just because she is “old”. She may be 63 years old, but I do not think how well she does her job should be based on her age, as my mother has been in the nursing industry for more than 30 years and has garnered extensive experience during her service as a nurse.

This is a tough and thankless job and I hope that people would be more patient towards nurses.

Yours,

Cindy Ong

some patients really too much....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

I bet Siew Ling will also send her story to stomp complaining about the hospital service [laugh][laugh]

I bet SMRT (Feedback) will CSI this Siew Ling's identity soon. [laugh]

• Praise 4

扪心自问 无愧于心

what others might say, so be it.

Nurses to me are highly respected professionals, more so than many.

I sarpork your mother.

• Praise 5

Nurses are one of the most important but under-appreciated group of health care workers.

We should appreciate them instead of making such complaint.

Thank you to all the Nurses !

• Praise 11

Nursing job is really a thankless one cos it can get tough as patients nearing their end tend to get frustrated and often nurses bear the brunt of this!! So I say well done to them and kudos for being patient and true to your calling even at the toughest of times!!!

• Praise 14

Yes, being a nurse is a Thankless job in a hospital.

But, nurse in a nursing home is another matter.

they are still caregiver, dun discriminate them if anything not in order, look for the management.

• Praise 1

Ai yah, just assign one those newbie pinoy nurse to joker lah

Old auntie, very xperienced nurse, will be very treasured by other hospital and patients for her many years xperienced

• Praise 3

Supercharged

they are still caregiver, dun discriminate them if anything not in order, look for the management.

i don't. my niece is a nurse working in NUH A&E so she did share her experiences with us.

i'm just stating that some nurses in nursing home don't share the same fate. my late FIL was admitted to 2 nursing home. both home employ FT nurses.

maybe it is the mgmt. but, personally i hv nvr experienced being so unwelcome to visit my FIL so had him change to the one where the environment is so much btr and speed up his recovery.

Ai yah, just assign one those newbie pinoy nurse to joker lah

Old auntie, very xperienced nurse, will be very treasured by other hospital and patients for her many years xperienced

My 6 monthly blood test, I always hope for very very experienced nurses!!! Dont want to kena newbie. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2