Flying Dutchman & Glenn to leave Mediacorp

Raymondism

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/entertainment/gold-90-5fm-s-the-flying/1557394.html?cid=FBSG

Mark van Cuylenburg, better known as The Flying Dutchman, shared this with listeners Tuesday morning, saying that he was going to be pursuing his own interests. His last show will be on Wednesday.

SINGAPORE: After 18 years of charming listeners with his voice, GOLD 90.5FM host The Flying Dutchman (FD) will be leaving MediaCorp.

FD, whose real name is Mark van Cuylenburg, shared this with listeners Tuesday morning (Dec 30), saying that he was going to be pursuing his own interests such as travelling with his wife.

It's been an incredible 18 years but life is about evolving, its about change and change has to be embraced. It's very exciting," said Mr van Cuylenburg, who will be signing off from the show on Wednesday.

FD started his career with the then Radio Corporation Singapore in December 1996 and had spent 17 years hosting Class 95FMs The Morning Express and over a year hosting GOLD 90.5FMs The Gold Breakfast Show.

Said Ms Erina Cook, Assistant Vice President of Gold 90.5FM, Radio, MediaCorp: Ive had the pleasure of working with Mark since he joined Class 95FM in 1996. He has connected well with listeners and he willingly shares his experiences and ideas with colleagues. I wish him a good break.

Vernetta Lopez will continue hosting The Gold Breakfast Show, said Ms Cook.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Oh dear. I do hope FD is not ill. Oh dear.

Siao charbor in the morning.

Chia charbor in the evening.

Charbor charbor ah charbor.

FD can host from phone???

• Dislike 1

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/entertainment/gold-90-5fm-s-the-flying/1557394.html?cid=FBSG

Mark van Cuylenburg, better known as The Flying Dutchman, shared this with listeners Tuesday morning, saying that he was going to be pursuing his own interests. His last show will be on Wednesday.

SINGAPORE: After 18 years of charming listeners with his voice, GOLD 90.5FM host The Flying Dutchman (FD) will be leaving MediaCorp.

FD, whose real name is Mark van Cuylenburg, shared this with listeners Tuesday morning (Dec 30), saying that he was going to be pursuing his own interests such as travelling with his wife.

It's been an incredible 18 years but life is about evolving, its about change and change has to be embraced. It's very exciting," said Mr van Cuylenburg, who will be signing off from the show on Wednesday.

FD started his career with the then Radio Corporation Singapore in December 1996 and had spent 17 years hosting Class 95FMs The Morning Express and over a year hosting GOLD 90.5FMs The Gold Breakfast Show.

Said Ms Erina Cook, Assistant Vice President of Gold 90.5FM, Radio, MediaCorp: Ive had the pleasure of working with Mark since he joined Class 95FM in 1996. He has connected well with listeners and he willingly shares his experiences and ideas with colleagues. I wish him a good break.

Vernetta Lopez will continue hosting The Gold Breakfast Show, said Ms Cook.

MVC started off at Redifusion. I won't miss him though . . . .

What nonsense u talking?

Oh dear. I do hope FD is not ill. Oh dear.

Siao charbor in the morning.
Chia charbor in the evening.
Charbor charbor ah charbor.
FD can host from phone???

• Praise 1

All these artistes have sidelines even when they are working at mediacorps. And I believe the sidelines earn them more money than what mediacorp pays them.

• Praise 1

All these artistes have sidelines even when they are working at mediacorps. And I believe the sidelines earn them more money than what mediacorp pays them.

Mark has an events organisation business - it has been around for some time.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

not cheap indeed. we hired him for a 2 hr event as a host and it cost us $3K+ just for him.

he did bring across our message well to the audience thou.

• Praise 1

What message is so important that it cost 3k?

not cheap indeed. we hired him for a 2 hr event as a host and it cost us $3K+ just for him.

• Praise 2

Yes - that's what you get when you hire an experienced professional -

But actually, $3k plus not bad...my beef is always the media corp artiste management team - they are super strict, have always preferred to work directly with the artiste (Fly are not too bad either)

Dun play play -

Even a "run of the mill" average MC will cost you $1k plus.

If you are spending $50-$70 k (which is actually a "standard" budget for something with decent buildup etc) for a big launch at a place like Civic Plaza, Suntec Artium or similar you don't want the event "spoiled" by a bad MC right?

Turbocharged

its a new tracking technology our company is promoting.

Yes - that's what you get when you hire an experienced professional -

But actually, $3k plus not bad...my beef is always the media corp artiste management team - they are super strict, have always preferred to work directly with the artiste (Fly are not too bad either)

Dun play play -

Even a "run of the mill" average MC will cost you $1k plus.

If you are spending $50-$70 k (which is actually a "standard" budget for something with decent buildup etc) for a big launch at a place like Civic Plaza, Suntec Artium or similar you don't want the event "spoiled" by a bad MC right?

FD is quite nice to work with. no air from him.

Yup. we spend >$100K for that event and we are expecting a good MC.

• Praise 1

try hiring a singer...they goes by number of song......500 bucks a song for a not so well known....those well known ones is 1000 per song!

Passe already.

In thing now is Kiss92.

Maddy, Jason and Arnold.

BF_AD1.jpg

This trio is good, but they have gone MIA for the last 2 weeks. Every morning I tune in to check if they have come back on air or not.

I do notice that they go on very long breaks very frequently, and unlike other stations, all 3 of them go on leave at the same time. Really machiam like the three musketeers, "one for all, all for one".

• Praise 1

Yes, these radio types and other showbiz types have the advantage that they can side-line outside, and eventually break free from the (tyranny of) wage-earning employment.

Just like teachers [laugh] and the tuition business.

That's why I like to emphasize these days that learning and mastering a special, marketable skill is more important than having a paper qualification - in the ability to achieve independence and freedom from the drudgery of working for someone else.

↡ Advertisement