Singtel Started Charging Mio Box

Yeobt

Supercharged

for those that do not read the bills like me, so those are the subscribers ST are targeting.

Return if you do not really need it.

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local-News/story20141229-315330

新电信佂收机顶盒租费

有新电信mio TV订户接获通知,从下月起须支付每月4元9角的机顶盒租用费。新电信回应,这项收费两年前已开始实行,凡 是合约即将到期的订户都会收到信件,订户若不续约但要继续使用机顶盒就须付租用费。

新电信在信中解释,过去几年虽然让订户免费使用机顶盒,但由于mio TV与全球各地提供多个频道内容的电视业者一样,面对营运成本不断上扬的情况,导致新电信无法继续全额津贴 订户租用机顶盒原应支付的费用。

信中还特别指出,新电信竞争对手(意指星和视界)一直以来都有征收这笔租用费,且月费为6元4 角2。

新电信发言人答复《联合早报》询问时指出,新电信从2012年9月就征收这笔租用费,举凡合约即将到期的订 户都会收到信件。新电信mio TV截至今年9月共有41万9000名订户。

发言人说,由于受影响订户的合约即将到期,因此他们可以选择不续约,终止服务,或签订新配套。终止服务的订 户必须把机顶盒归还给新电信。

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

I tot they already charging rental...no?

I saw my bill the charge is $1.78 per month....

papers say is 4.90

Not sure about smart TV, (my Sony smart TV is quite restrictive) but if android based like this type of boxes you can install vpn apps and access US, UK and other streaming services, some paid, many free.

Supercharged

I'm sua koo to these item. If I'm having a Smart TV, I don't need one of this right?

?

Yes. These gadgets are more for those with normal TV.

Turbocharged

What we have in society are gold-diggers and money faced businessmen who will think nothing of fleecing ordinary commoners like you and me.

Is it good bro?

I have been wanting to get one of these....but aren't sure if it is worth it.

actually most boxes are ok... what is important is the apps you use to watch....which you can self download

Will review and update ... once it arrives!

Recontracted mine around August / September last year. At that point, the Customer Service already made known to me, if I do not renew my contract, I will be paying the old contract price, but with additional $4.90 for the set top box. If I recontract, it would be at $1.90 per month for the set top box.

Recontract, pay less. Don't recontract, pay more. Same old tricks.

Supercharged

actually most boxes are ok... what is important is the apps you use to watch....which you can self download

But so many type of boxes, which one to choose?

I heard some boxes hang when trying to do set-up or while watching also. Sounds scary.

But so many type of boxes, which one to choose?

I heard some boxes hang when trying to do set-up or while watching also. Sounds scary.

read buyer reviews on taobao.... then decide you want buy from taobao, deal extreme, etc

hang maybe due to lag, lag maybe due to own internet or the app source... that's why the app you use is important

↡ Advertisement