Will COE be higher or lower by 2015 year end?

Duckduck

Will COE be higher or lower by 2015 year end?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will COE be higher or lower by 2015 year end?

• Higher
    • Lower

I got my COE at the 2nd bidding in Mar 13 immediately after the introduction of a slew of changes to car loans in Feb/Mar 13. the open cat I got then was about $73k. Everyone then were speculating how the slew of cooling measures couple with increase supply will lower the COE moving forward. Almost 2 years now and the COE for open cat is still hovering above $70k.. Not sure if COE will ever come down in significant way, unless another financial crisis..

• Praise 1

theoretically it should be lower.

We are expecting even more % increase quota in the May-July 2015, and then even more % increase in Aug-Oct,2015, judging by the numbers of 8-10yrs old care expiring.

Some say even more deregistration expected in 2016.

Of course the magic hand of clawback will make things difficult to predict.

The only category I will bet my bottom dollar that it will Forever keep rising is the Cat.D motorcycle COE. The 10% reduction formula means there is no way in helll it will drop, due to forever decreasing quota trends!

for goodness sake

not another coe prediction thread

i thought TS just bought car.

so why do you care about COE price anyway?

even if you are buying another, if you can afford one at current price, you should be able to afford another now right?

:D

• Praise 2

for goodness sake

not another coe prediction thread

i thought TS just bought car.

so why do you care about COE price anyway?

even if you are buying another, if you can afford one at current price, you should be able to afford another now right?

:D

interesting mah :D

How will COE goes down when car dealers are the one doing the bidding? In order to confirm their sales, they keep pushing the COE higher & higher...

• Praise 2

As long as LTA dun release COE quota many many at one go it will remain high. If release slightly more but within a short period of time it will be not much change. Largely depending on LTA how they release the quota.

As long as LTA dun release COE quota many many at one go it will remain high. If release slightly more but within a short period of time it will be not much change. Largely depending on LTA how they release the quota.

I thought it is all formulize? ie. dereg plus 0.25% growth rate

Yawnn...same type of question repeat,repeat and repeat and repeat repeat and repeat...zzz..

And your comments are constructive? zzzz........

It is a forum lah.... don't like, stop reading lah.

• Praise 2

And your comments are constructive? zzzz........

It is a forum lah.... don't like, stop reading lah.

Haha..i didn't say I dun like..like u say it a forum..So Ya. .everyone can say wat they want..i didn't ask anyone to stop posting ..dun like that lei..

who wouldn't want it to drop? no point guessing for me. i still got time to wait, 5 years, not long but even if it doesn't drop to what i wish for, i would have driven a 'cheap' car for the next 5 years. the saving is good enough for me to get a new one then if i die die need it. pray hard guys! dun go and listen to dealers saying it won't drop one coz they are saying that so that you will just buy a new car from them! as if they will know! haha. nobody will know what will happen next. buy it if it is within your affordable means. if not just wait, dun stress urself with it.

• Praise 1

who wouldn't want it to drop? no point guessing for me. i still got time to wait, 5 years, not long but even if it doesn't drop to what i wish for, i would have driven a 'cheap' car for the next 5 years. the saving is good enough for me to get a new one then if i die die need it. pray hard guys! dun go and listen to dealers saying it won't drop one coz they are saying that so that you will just buy a new car from them! as if they will know! haha. nobody will know what will happen next. buy it if it is within your affordable means. if not just wait, dun stress urself with it.

Garmen [grin]

• Praise 1