Avante central lock

Sash1401

Any bros driving avante having problem wif the central locking button which is Juz beside the driver seat right hand side where the window panels r? I'm having dis prob whereby the locking n unlocking only activate after pressing a few times. Any bros can recommend any place for checks? Thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i have the same problem too!

It's worn out connector.

WS quoted me almost 300 to change it which i turned down.

If you have a cheaper quote, please let me know. maybe 2 car repair same problem will be cheaper? haha...

Edited by CWS78

Two options here:

1) If you can DIY, just open up the whole power windows switches assembly. Disassemble the assembly to access the PCB board which hold the switches, one of the controls the lock switch. Open up the switch and sand the contacts, clean it up and assemble back. Not that it is faulty. Just that overtime, oxidisation takes place and also within the switch itself is lub with grease and all these will cause the contact to be less sensitive to operate.

2) Buy the part from Stockist "Song Yi", and replace yourself. Rectifying the central locking switch requires the replacement of the entire power window switches assembly. That is the fastest way to resolve your problem but also expensive but overtime, the problem will be back again.

If can't for both, you can buy the part and go to workshop to ask them to replace for you. DIY saves alot, so actually the issue can be easily rectify without replacement. Something which I have learnt from from the already closed Hyundai Club.

Edited by Heartbreakid

Neutral Newbie

Hey Heartbreak kid, i was the former Hyundai Club too. sad to see it closed down. Learnt so much from there.

i tried to google and youtube to how to open the power windows switch assembly but cannot find. Do you know any link that contain the info do i can DYI?

Many thanks!

Hey Heartbreak kid, i was the former Hyundai Club too. sad to see it closed down. Learnt so much from there.

i tried to google and youtube to how to open the power windows switch assembly but cannot find. Do you know any link that contain the info do i can DYI?

Many thanks!

Maybe you can start Hyundai club again. it is quite easy to disassemble the door panel. I changed my sonata power window switch board by myself. First you need to locate all the screws on the panel. Unscrew them (take note of the screws on the door lock and handle) . And after that remove the panel from the bottom by prying it open. Reach for the connectors and disconnect all the connectors. Remove the plastic cover internally where the side mirrors are and lift the internal door panels upwards.

Neutral Newbie

Maybe you can start Hyundai club again. it is quite easy to disassemble the door panel. I changed my sonata power window switch board by myself. First you need to locate all the screws on the panel. Unscrew them (take note of the screws on the door lock and handle) . And after that remove the panel from the bottom by prying it open. Reach for the connectors and disconnect all the connectors. Remove the plastic cover internally where the side mirrors are and lift the internal door panels upwards.

I looked around the door panel and only found 1 small screw cover into the door handle socket. No other cover for any hidden screw around the plastic panel... Highly doubted the avante door panel is only using a screw... any one has experience to share?

I looked around the door panel and only found 1 small screw cover into the door handle socket. No other cover for any hidden screw around the plastic panel... Highly doubted the avante door panel is only using a screw... any one has experience to share?

Just explanation here no pictures unfortunately. Here we go:

Wind the window all the way down first.

1) There are two screws for the door panel:

a) at the door handle lever.

b) at the door pull hole.

2) Remove the black triangular piece (Just pull out from the edge, this triangle piece is held by 3 fasteners) for the side mirror assembly.

3) Run your fingers at the bottom of the door, you will feel that there is a gap between the door and and door panel (if you peep at the bottom of the door panel, you can see this gap), insert your fingers and pull out the door panel. Once you start to pull, the bottom portion of the panel will be unclip from the fasteners. The rest are just by pulling. But note that those fasteners (from the red colour door lamp/lense) will be abit tight when reaches near the window edge.

4) Once door panel is unclipped, lift up the door panel to free it.

5) Disconnect all connectors.

6) Now that the door panel is removed, you will see that the power window switches are held by 3 or 4 screws and some clips.

7) Removed the screws, (TAKE NOTE:to prevent scratches on the area near the switches assembly while removing the power window switches assembly, you might want to stick some protective tape) slowly detached the window switches assembly from the clips by pushing the assembly upwards to pop it out of place.

8) There is a metal clip holding the switches assembly too, if you can't remove the assembly easily, you can unscrew this metal clip.

9) After the switches assembly is removed, you will see the box underneath the power windows switches. It is held together by 6 clips and 2 screws.

10) Once the screws are removed and clips are unclipped, pull out the central locking switch button to separate out the switches from the panel.

11) Still need to unclip a few more clips to access the PCB board. Once the lid is unclipped, you see the PCB board. On the PCB board, locate switch for the master central locking. To access the contacts within the switch, need to unclip two tiny clips holding the central locking switch together.

12) Once access the internal of the central locking switch, you will see that there are grease within, is normal. Don't clean away the grease. Just clean the contacts or scrub the contact with a small flat tip screw driver to clear away any oxidation on the contact surfaces. After all cleaning is done, assemble back the way you removed them. Prior to assemble back everything, connect up the switches assembly to test if the operation of the central locking button works at one press.

First time will be abit tough, but once you see the sequence of the assembly you will get to do it easily. Just be careful with the door clips when removed. If you broke them, you can buy them at Komoco servicing center at 2nd floor. Stockist Song Yi doesn't sell the door clips.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 2

Any bros driving avante having problem wif the central locking button which is Juz beside the driver seat right hand side where the window panels r? I'm having dis prob whereby the locking n unlocking only activate after pressing a few times. Any bros can recommend any place for checks? Thanks in advance

I bought a pre-owned Avante a month ago and experienced the same issue. Went back to the dealer and he directed me to this workshop (Tong Lee Wee, Blk 59 Lengkok Bahru). WS told me it was a wear and tear issues and need servicing. It took less than 30min to do the job. I'm not sure how much they charged as it was paid by my dealer. I assume it was around $30 or less. I can send you their contact number if needed for you to get a quote.

I bought a pre-owned Avante a month ago and experienced the same issue. Went back to the dealer and he directed me to this workshop (Tong Lee Wee, Blk 59 Lengkok Bahru). WS told me it was a wear and tear issues and need servicing. It took less than 30min to do the job. I'm not sure how much they charged as it was paid by my dealer. I assume it was around $30 or less. I can send you their contact number if needed for you to get a quote.

thanks bro, pls pm me....

Neutral Newbie

Hi Saj,

I have the same issue with My avante, one of the door lock doesn't want to lock or unlock when I press the central lock button or from the car alarm lock. Would you please kindly send me the contact for the workshop?

Thank you!