Are SCDF services chargeable?

Ysc3

Twincharged

I heard that when SCDF responds to an emergency they will bill you for the services rendered .... is that true ?

last month, my mother forgot to off the stove and went out ... passer by saw black smoke from my kitchen window and called SCDF.

they came and cut my gate and kicked my door in ... but luckily all that was burnt was the pot !

so will they bill me for the "services" rendered ?

↡ Advertisement

Nothing is free. Even for emergency medical evacuation onboard vessel at sea, it's not free. RSAF will charge you 5-figure helicopter fee.

Just hope they don't bill you. I believe there are still some exceptions which they don't bill or can't bill (e.g. forest fires etc).

From what I know, they will not bill you UNLESS it is a non emergency. But on the ground, what is emergency and non emergency? To a trained professional it is not an emergency but to a layman, it is.

Thus, from experience, no charges were ever imposed unless u damage their property wilfully.

In TS situation, not sure but if no public property damaged, shouldn't charge. But any damage to gate and such, non claimable la.

But if u get fined for causing hazard by HDB or something then its another story. Just no billing from scdf side.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 2

I heard that when SCDF responds to an emergency they will bill you for the services rendered .... is that true ?

last month, my mother forgot to off the stove and went out ... passer by saw black smoke from my kitchen window and called SCDF.

they came and cut my gate and kicked my door in ... but luckily all that was burnt was the pot !

Can off set by making them pay for the damaged gate and door [grin]

• Praise 1

No, you will not be billed for this type of case.

• Praise 1

Can off set by making them pay for the damaged gate and door [grin]

i knew of a similar case......in the end the door and gates repaired and replaced by the town council.

A few years ago I had a fall and fracture my left hand, SCDF ambulance was call in and send to TTSH.

I did not received any bill from scdf. Only paid bill for TTSH.

• Praise 1

don't worry... nope

had experienced exactly b4

only ambulance for non-E case, they had a right to charge you I think

Nothing is free. Even for emergency medical evacuation onboard vessel at sea, it's not free. RSAF will charge you 5-figure helicopter fee.

Eventually the P&I insurers foot the bill.

This one is negligence on your mom part. Thanks to alert neighbor and fast response SCDF that disaster was prevented. Be thankful to the SCDF, even if they charge, it's only reasonable.

• Praise 1