Final destination in shower

RadX

RIP. Real freak accident. Poor fella
A 24-year-old Chinese man died in a freak accident after his throat was cut by glass shards from a broken shower door.

Chinese evening daily Shin Min Daily News reported that Mr Sebastian Wong had just finished taking a shower in the flat where his girlfriend lives, when he was believed to have slipped and hit his head against the shower cubicle's glass door.

Glass shards from the shattered glass door are believed to have fatally injured Mr Wong.

The incident took place in a unit in Block 21, Teban Gardens Road, where his girlfriend lives with her grandparents.

A neighbour, Madam Yap, reported hearing screams on Sunday morning at about 8am when the incident occurred.

She was shocked to see police officers at the unit after returning from breakfast with her family.

The deceased's family recounted the incident to the Chinese paper at the mortuary on Monday morning. Police have classified the case as an unnatural death. Investigations are ongoing.

post-547-0-54290600-1422356166_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Really freak incident :(

RIP ...

In bathroom, potential hazards include slip and fall, shower glass shattered as well as electrocution due to heater....

Do be careful ....

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Even take a bath also got danger....haiz.

RIP to him.

A few months ago one young man was electrocuted by the water heater!! Now a another mishap...

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

A 24-year-old Chinese man died in a freak accident after his throat was cut by glass shards from a broken shower door.

Chinese evening daily Shin Min Daily News reported that Mr Sebastian Wong had just finished taking a shower in the flat where his girlfriend lives, when he was believed to have slipped and hit his head against the shower cubicle's glass door.

Glass shards from the shattered glass door are believed to have fatally injured Mr Wong.

The incident took place in a unit in Block 21, Teban Gardens Road, where his girlfriend lives with her grandparents.

A neighbour, Madam Yap, reported hearing screams on Sunday morning at about 8am when the incident occurred.

She was shocked to see police officers at the unit after returning from breakfast with her family.

The deceased's family recounted the incident to the Chinese paper at the mortuary on Monday morning. Police have classified the case as an unnatural death. Investigations are ongoing.

usually shower cubicle uses tempered glass no?

Nowadays almost all new condos or most all properties use glass - gone are the good old days of shower curtains ..... And getting really cramped up ... RIP to the victim ... Tempered glass should not break on human body impact ..unless he slipped and hit the glass so heavily until the hinges or supports or the U frame gave way and the holes cracked the glass... Is a possibility.

Really freak incident :(

RIP ...

In bathroom, potential hazards include slip and fall, shower glass shattered as well as electrocution due to heater....

Do be careful ....

I know someone kena skin burn due to water too hot the moment he open the shower tap. End up in hospital for days, think it was second degree burn

• Praise 2

Nowadays almost all new condos or most all properties use glass - gone are the good old days of shower curtains ..... And getting really cramped up ... RIP to the victim ... Tempered glass should not break on human body impact ..unless he slipped and hit the glass so heavily until the hinges or supports or the U frame gave way and the holes cracked the glass... Is a possibility.

Tampered glass can be shattered easily. Thats why I tell my kids never slam the shower screen door.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

After my tempered glass exploded last yr when we were putting it back after upgrading, we decided not to put in a new one.

• Praise 3

After my tempered glass exploded last yr when we were putting it back after upgrading, we decided not to put in a new one.

Use plastic one?

I know someone kena skin burn due to water too hot the moment he open the shower tap. End up in hospital for days, think it was second degree burn

Nearly happened me when in NZ.... Their hot and cold water diff tap..... First time there Not sure how it work... Turn on the hot water.....nbzz ccb.... nearly kena cook alive.....

Happen to my tempered glass dining table.... Suddenly in the middle of the nite.... The whole farking piece just "exploded".... Broke into thousand of pieces.... From the on...... No more tempered glass dining table, coffee table etc...

• Praise 2

For dining table, always use solid wood or marble (if want atas feel) in round or rectangular shape.

I won't even use glass table top for my computer/laptop/work desk.

Nearly happened me when in NZ.... Their hot and cold water diff tap..... First time there Not sure how it work... Turn on the hot water.....nbzz ccb.... nearly kena cook alive.....

Happen to my tempered glass dining table.... Suddenly in the middle of the nite.... The whole farking piece just "exploded".... Broke into thousand of pieces.... From the on...... No more tempered glass dining table, coffee table etc...

Edited by Kangadrool

People pay too much attention to asthetics and forgot why things are supposed to be in that way for ages. Monkey see monkey do mentality.

Just go back to the basics... functionality !

Anyway, nice looking ones are not always the most durable...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Since we on this topic, I know the critical point are at the corners.

Let's say, those vehicle panaroma roof top, if kena corner, wld it be logical to say that there is a high chance of it shattering thou this nvr happen bfore in Spore?

↡ Advertisement